Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Opinions on rice cakes

getnfit06

What do ya'll think about rice cakes... the regular plain lightly salted ones ??
Is this an ok thing to eat for a snack with anpb on top or toooo processed or High GI ?

fyi: ingredients
whole grain brown rice, salt.
cals: 35
fat:0
chol: 0
sodium: 15
total carb: 7
pro: 1
Thanks ;)

I believe it was mentioned somewhere on diet mm, esp. not to combine the two, although i use to do it.. and of course, while cutting, these started tasting really darn good.

It's a better choice than most, and if it fits in with YOUR goals and lifestyle, then it can be an option, although there are better ones out there ... it's a step in the right direction from the alternatives I suppose.

stay away from anpb... :velvett:

I don't eat them when cutting just because I'll end up eating the whole bag. I think most are probably simple carbs and will spike your insulin, but the whole grain ones might be different. I know you can buy organic brown rice cakes (I buy ones made by lundberg). These are probably better.

mm107 said:
i read an article somewhere, that even tho they look healthy they spike insulin very high. Not sure, can someone second me on that?

I just read this somewhere too.....I do eat them....if I am craving something sweet..and put sugar free jelly on it just to give me something sweet

Gymgurl said:
I just read this somewhere too.....I do eat them....if I am craving something sweet..and put sugar free jelly on it just to give me something sweet
^^^ I WOULD suggest doing this, and not putting the pb on there.. or dedicing to make PB&J on the cakes... :evil:

Gymgurl said:
HEy Bunny.....NO PB for me...YAYAY in 5 days!!
You, my dear, deserve a big fat (protein) cookie :)

NICE JOB GIRL!!!!! Show 'em how it's done ... will power is such a good thing eh? :p

Top Bottom