Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Opinions Please

FlexKitten

Do you think you should chose a posing suit that compliments your hair, eyes and skin tone or should you chose a color that draws the judges eyes to you (i.e electric yellow)? I'm on the fence about this so your opinions are important.

Choose a color that looks good on you! One that compliments your hair, eyes and skin tone....one that you feel makes YOU stand out and you feel confident and at your best. Everyone has colors that are great for them and you just look at them and say WOW:) Find what yours is and wear it with confidence.......the judges will notice that!!!

Do you have access to the venue where you'll be posing? Do you know what the background will be? YOu want to contrast the backdrop, while complementing your skin and hair, I think. I think the ultrabrights and eye-popping colors aren't flattering to anyone, really.

Thank you ladies, that helps. Alot of the women at my first comp wore black and red and they just seemed to blend into the background and the line. My coach picked up on this and made the suggestion of getting an eye catching color. I can't see myself in a bright yellow suit .....yuck!

CJ made my posing suits -we chose dark blue for the morning show & metallic black w/ silver studs for the evening show (I used some heavy metal music, so it worked...!). Another color option was a dark green. These were based on what would go w/ my coloring. One lady wore a yellow suit, but then she got sweat stains & pro-tan on it, which were very visible during her 60 sec & mandatories. Looked pretty bad. And even for the guys with the tiny little speedo things - if the color is bad, everyone just notices. And also make sure its something that will look good with the dark tan.

Generally. for the morning rounds, get something that compliments your coloring. If its just loud and "eye-catching", it might actually detract from your body - which is what you want to show off, not the suit.

The evening show, is your chance to get a little more wild. For fitness, obviously this is a different story than bb - I did bb, so the suits were either the ones used in the morning show or something a little flashier.

Just my 2 cents.

~ sassy :angel:

My best colors are tangerine or lilac, and I'm worried about getting pro-tan on them, so I'm planning to buy 3 sets of the 2 piece posing suits, and 3 sets of the one piece suits. Probably I will get one of the sets (for each) in a dark color, in case the lighter colors are a total disaster. Luckily I found a lady in Tucson who custom makes posing suits - and she only charges $45!! For guys, it's only $20. Compare that to the prices for suits you can buy on the web, and she custom fits them, and does a "final fitting" for you real close to the show, to make sure it won't slip. These are quality work, too! Lots of competitors use her, and you should see her photo album with the competition pics of people wearing her suits. In case anyone is from around there and is looking for suits, she is in the phone book under Jazz Skins.

I had a question, too, though - for Figure, can you have sparkles and stuff like that on your posing suit, or does it have to be plain?

Fennec

Sassy,
Thank you for your advice. I would like CJ to make my suit. I want the gel insert top that she makes. I think I'll have her send me some fabric swatches.
Fennec,
My first show I competed in figure and I know that it was legal for me to wear an embelished suit. Check with your organization before you purchase a suit because if you have the wrong attire they may deduct points.

Top Bottom