Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Old Man curse?

ColombianbabeNYC

Ok ladies, I am going to go crazy if something doesnt change soon.....so let me give you brief run-down of what it has been like.
It has been a long time since I have had a romantic relationship with a dude :) Not by choice, but no one seems to excite me like that. Also its living in New York City....there tends to be soooo many options and its a busy place so getting together is like a constant try to regiment a block of time in busy schedules.
However it never fails for me to score the old fart. I always get these god knows how many years old men, fuckin filthy rich bastards, asking me out....seriously like billionaire-gazillionaires, whatever. Bloody hell...I am going to go mad. And really there good looking.......for 70! ewwwww. I am 23, and it pisses me off that these men think that in return, I would like to be involved. I would have to be nuts?!!! You ladies agree? Sure age doesnt matter because in sense time means nothing, just a chronological order of events, but still? All the money in the world couldnt pay me to have a sugar daddy like that....maybe its just the way I was raised. Is it some crazy curse? Whats the deal with these old men?

Old guys, especially when they have cashola, they figure they can get anything. There are plenty of girls who do want the sugardaddy, but for you, if it isn't what you want out of life, I wouldn't even spend the time dealing w/ it. If people think money makes them more interesting, sexier or a better person, somehow it never works out that way - they may think that because they paid for stuff, you 'owe' them something. I dunno. I personally want someone who is a good solid person who I click with mentally, physically and emotionally and my experience tells me it is critical that they are at the same point in life that I am. Otherwise one of you ends up making sacrifices to meet the other's goals. Sometimes that's ok, sometimes it isn't.

I've dated guys 15 yrs old than me & 15 yrs youger than me. The older guy was extremely special to me - everything about us matched, except that he had already topped out in one career, took on a more relaxed career and was basically ready to just cruise thru the rest of life being comfortable & relaxed while I'm just finishing my MBA and getting ready to start the next phase of my career ladder climbing. I also expected him to lead the relationship a little more when it came to that leap into commitment territory and he sorta didn't pick up on that. The younger guy was more like babysitting & not getting paid.

So, if it isn't the money you are looking for, I guess you just have that old fart magnetism and you have to fish for the right guy. It might be an adventure for you if you did actually say "yes" to one of the old dudes, but I guess that's up to you and what you are looking for.

I think age DOES matter to a certain extent. When I was 24, I dated someone who was 38 - and THAT was seriously pushin' it for me! He owned his own business and knew what risk taking was. I had no clue - YET! I finally caught up to him 2 years ago when I hit 33, but that relationship was done and over as quickly as it started.

As Sassy said, maturity level is the issue. Too young and you're babysitting, too old and they're a bit boring (in a good way...but still not enough excitement). Please, don't make us start calling you Anna Nicole!!! lol :lmao:

Sometimes it works, seems like more often it doesn't because of the maturity level and simply your goals if you are different points in your life.

At your age I agree being pursued by men that are above the age of 30ish is ICKY and I have always been into older men. But they didn't get "REAL OLD" LOL until I got to my mid 30's m'self! hehehehee

With the types of men that you are describing it is less to do with you and everything to do with THEM - they want a much younger (of course, beautiful) woman that they can CONTROL. It is good that you see through it.

I am near 40 and I only date men that are older than I am as younger men just dont "do it" for me on any level, but the types of older men that I date are anything but "old" and extremely uncommon. They are very young in their attitudes and lifestyles. That is why I get on with them so well as most these men complain that they have a hard time finding a woman closer to their age that has a similar youthfull attitude.

Whenever I see a much older man (as you described) throwing themselves (and their bank accounts - but we women are materialistic LOL) at a woman that is far too young for them, I think one thing, "PATHETIC."

Oh ... I had to read this post and the replies!

So ... men my age are icky, boring, and old farts? Wow!
How cruel and generalized were these statements and reactions.

Well .... there seem to be an abundance of women between the ages of 20 -32
who must disagree. I get new offers every week. I do not do anything but listen to them and treat them with manners. They approach me. And I never try to buy them.

It looks like it will get worse as I get in my 70's and 80's.

thelion2005 said:
Oh ... I had to read this post and the replies!

So ... men my age are icky, boring, and old farts? Wow!
How cruel and generalized were these statements and reactions.

Well .... there seem to be an abundance of women between the ages of 20 -32
who must disagree. I get new offers every week. I do not do anything but listen to them and treat them with manners. They approach me. And I never try to buy them.

It looks like it will get worse as I get in my 70's and 80's.

LOL Did you read MY post?

My last bf was 64, my current is 65!

Old school manners - NUMBER ONE THING I LOOK FOR!! (After intelligence LOL)

But *cough* I guess I am too old for you! I am pushing 40! hehehehehe (but my ass is 22! ;))

But you have to admit... a man that is close to 60 pursuing a girl in her mid 20's? Come on, what could that possibly be about?

Dudes!!!! I love you women! You say it soooo staight up! These are the comments that I love to hear.... perhaps I have condsidered all the factors beforehand but YOU WONDERFUL WOMEN make it seem soooo sureal :) and sooo simple :)
I actually tried deleated my post after I submitted it, just because I didnt want you all to get the wrong idea.....and now I have all these great responses!!!!
Ok...now I definately think that any man can be great.....even older than myself, but as far as relationship goes...it depends what a women wants. For me, I think it would fantastic to marry a man who hasnt had children and been divorced already, (if done so, thats just baggage within itself).
Everybody has got the baggage...its just how much can you handle?!
Bloody hell Anna Nicole! She went to court for her green! I just cant even imagine being able to sleep at night if I was in her shoes for one day! But that is just me....

I am 35, soon to be 36. I generally date older men. When I was 20, my boyfriend was 36. My current boyfriend is 48, soon to be 49. He is NOT ICKY! Sheesh, older men are gems! I guess it is whatever you are into. What is wrong with an older man being attracted to a younger, beautiful woman? I hate to break it to you, but all men are enamoured by beautiful women. Why be insulted when older men ask you out? Take it as a compliment that they like you. If you are not into men who are older, just politely decline, but there is no reason to get pissed/insulted by it. =-)

Top Bottom