Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

oatmeal and whey

Try it :) I do it all the time. You need to play w/ the amount of water you put in the oats to get the consistency you want w/ the protein mixed in. I also add a little splenda.

It works well when I am in a rush. I did get some clumping one time with a REALLY cheap store brand of protein powder. That stuff would have clumped when mixed alone with water though, lol. I prefer the muscle milk pre-packaged ones that have around 30grams of protein plus the good carbs from the oats. I only use those when in a rush as well.

You could also blend the oats straight into a shake with a blender. AAP had a great shake recipe for that but I forgot where I wrote it down :(

c3bodybuilding said:
It works well when I am in a rush. I did get some clumping one time with a REALLY cheap store brand of protein powder. That stuff would have clumped when mixed alone with water though, lol. I prefer the muscle milk pre-packaged ones that have around 30grams of protein plus the good carbs from the oats. I only use those when in a rush as well.

You could also blend the oats straight into a shake with a blender. AAP had a great shake recipe for that but I forgot where I wrote it down :(

I remember that powder :sick:

But yes, you should have no problem mixing powder into the oats. You could even try mixing some of those liquid egg whites into your oatmeal. There is an ad for it in almost all fitness mags. You don't notice them at all and it adds in all those good aminos to feed your muscles :p

I ate 1/4 cup oats.....2 scoops whey....some hot water....put in the microwave for about 1 minute and then added 2 tbs natty PB....YUMMMMMY

Gymgurl said:
I ate 1/4 cup oats.....2 scoops whey....some hot water....put in the microwave for about 1 minute and then added 2 tbs natty PB....YUMMMMMY

Sounds good! I am hungry all of the time now. :RADAR I just ate a big bowl of this greek version of oatmeal meets grits. It has eggs and feta cheese in it, along with some sort of grain. I am not sure what it is, but my wife makes it for me when I am in a building stage. It has so many great things in it and taste wonderful. It keeps the muscles nice and full, while keeping my waist down. Always a plus!

Now I want some natural pb as well because of your post!! Did the pb spread in easy? Or did it take a lot of stirring? Oh screw it, I'll just spoon that shit down for now and then try your idea later. Getting ready for early morning nap time :sleeping:

Gymgurl said:

Does heating whey protein destroy the protein content?

Good question...no sure....just for 1 min at the most.....well you can bake it...so I don't think it does

Gymgurl said:

2 scoops of whey? One of my scoops = 30 grams of protein. why so much protein at one meal?

IS there any benefit to that much protein at once???

I used to mix whey in but only one scoop and 1/4 cup oats is not enough oats for me more like 1/3 or 1/2 because the whey made it chalky.

Top Bottom