Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

NutriSystem Ad

gymtime

I don't know if any of you ladies have seen this ad, but it's for NutriSystem, the diet people. It has an older lady, 50s or so, doing the testimonial thing, talking about how miserable she was before she lost weight. But she said something at the end of the ad that I found very interesting:

"But the BEST part about losing all that weight is that my husband is so proud of me!"

Now, this struck me as something June Cleaver might say. The implication being, "do it for your husband first, you second."

Am I nuts here?

Did they show the husband? Is he a "BW3"? (beached whale, 300 pounds) I guess that's a nice feeling that she lost all the weight and her husband's proud of her, but I'm not too sure she has her priorities straight.

I'd love to see what she looks like after a few months of eating on her own! IF I'm NOT mistaken, people who join those type of places buy the line of "food" the diet chain offer's? What the hell does that teach someone?

I wish I had a dime for every woman I've seen at my gym who brags on how they lost weight at these FAD diet center's. Funny thing is, they are back to eating like shit and NOT hitting the iron or anything else that would keep them fit and healthy!

Places like these flourish with the lost souls of the world! SAD!

CrystalChick said:
I think maybe it was a poor attempt to target that particular
generation's way of thinking.....

CC :D

Yeah, that occurred to me as well, the only decent explanation I think. But it was even more odd because the vast majority of those ads target a younger demographic.

Did you hear! Jareds off the diet!!!
I love that commercial!

(ok, love isnt the right word... it makes me want to punch the TV)

Top Bottom