Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Not losing

RebeLee

I don't know where else to turn at this point, and was hoping someone here might be able to help. I am 5'4" and 175 lbs. I currently eat 1000 calories a day (as instructed by my doctor after first trying 1200 cal a day for weight loss). The list of foods I can choose from include low calorie veggies and fruit, fish, skinless chicken breast, whole wheat toast, boiled eggs, and cheese (either 4 ounces of cottage cheese, or 2 ounces of cheddar cheese in a day) and five 8 oz glasses of water a day, at least (I drink about 8 glasses on average, and don't drink anything else..haven't drunk anything but water, coffee, and tea since a month before going into Marine Corps boot camp 14 years ago). I have been on this diet for 2 months now and have not deviated from it. I also walk/jog an hour a day, and keep adding on to that (currently working on lengthening how long I can sustain the jogging, trying to get to where I can jog continuously the full hour), and run up/down stairs for five minutes (working up to 15 minutes, at least, but not there yet). I have nothing wrong with me, my doctor did a full physical and everything came back clear, so no thyroid issues or anything of the like. I make sure I eat enough to feel full, so my body isn't in starvation mode, and the only medication I take is zantac for acid reflux..so no medications preventing weight loss...yet I'm not losing...weight or inches. I don't understand why I can't lose. I gained because of medication (I was 130 lbs before), but have been off it for over a year now..it is definately out of my system by now. I don't want to starve myself to try and lose the weight..I don't know what to do.

Ok...personally, I think you are eating WAY TOO FEW CALORIES!

When you were on 1200....what happened? Prior to starting that....what was your eating like? For example, did you go from eating a lot to suddenly 1200 calories? If you are medically checked out then I would say your issue is more metabolic. So...we need to get your body moving again.

how goes it? how's your training? Have you started to loose fat?

My boyfriend and I have recently discovered the fat burning, increasing metabolism benefits of MCT oil... some know it as coconut oil. Google it for weight training, you loose fat and maintain muscle. It's freakin' amazing how ripped my body's gotten.

But we have also given up all grains, no pasta no rice, no bread and all diary... NO Diary, no peanuts... we eat grass fed meat, free range chicken, LOTS of fresh veggies, low sugar fruit is very important and fish. Pasture Butter added to our morning coffee along with the MCT oil boosts metabolism to burn fat for hours. That's our breakfast, we don't count calories, it's almost impossible to over due broccoli.

if you try this let me know how it works out, I'd love to here about your success

Cheers,
Mudpie

PS... no or very little alcohol. I'd rather slim down than get buzzed

Get rid of the Bread and all grains... no pasta, no rice, no grains

get rid of the beans, no legumes including peanuts

get rid of all dairy (milk, yogurt, ice cream, cream )except pasture butter (butter from grass fed cows)

eat lots of fresh veggies, low sugar fruit, grass fed meat, free range chicken and fish

Add MCT oil to your morning coffee with tablespoon of pasture butter.

slowing increase oil over the course of a few weeks by adding it to all meals

It increases metabolism, you'll burn fat instead of carbs and maintain muscle mass

my BF and I have been eating like this for 6 weeks, he's lost 20+, me i'm down about 14 and down to a size 4 from a size 8.

Google the MCT oil it's amazing

I think cali girl is spot on. Too little food is your problem. Your body thinks your starving so its holding onto what it has. I would be trying a good refeed for 4-5 days of high calories then bump it back down. Try using the harris benedict formula to work out your bmr (google) and reduce calories by 500. Or someone here may be able to suggest a starting point for you on calories. Keep an eye on the mirror and scales and make small changes. It takes time and starving yourself is not beneficial.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using EliteFitness

Sorry but at your stats if you truly have been eating 1000 or even 1200 calories the weight would be flying off you. I'd put my life savings on improper calorie tracking. If you're not weighing everything on a digital scale then you have no idea how much you're consuming.

I don't know where else to turn at this point, and was hoping someone here might be able to help. I am 5'4" and 175 lbs. I currently eat 1000 calories a day (as instructed by my doctor after first trying 1200 cal a day for weight loss). The list of foods I can choose from include low calorie veggies and fruit, fish, skinless chicken breast, whole wheat toast, boiled eggs, and cheese (either 4 ounces of cottage cheese, or 2 ounces of cheddar cheese in a day) and five 8 oz glasses of water a day, at least (I drink about 8 glasses on average, and don't drink anything else..haven't drunk anything but water, coffee, and tea since a month before going into Marine Corps boot camp 14 years ago). I have been on this diet for 2 months now and have not deviated from it. I also walk/jog an hour a day, and keep adding on to that (currently working on lengthening how long I can sustain the jogging, trying to get to where I can jog continuously the full hour), and run up/down stairs for five minutes (working up to 15 minutes, at least, but not there yet). I have nothing wrong with me, my doctor did a full physical and everything came back clear, so no thyroid issues or anything of the like. I make sure I eat enough to feel full, so my body isn't in starvation mode, and the only medication I take is zantac for acid reflux..so no medications preventing weight loss...yet I'm not losing...weight or inches. I don't understand why I can't lose. I gained because of medication (I was 130 lbs before), but have been off it for over a year now..it is definately out of my system by now. I don't want to starve myself to try and lose the weight..I don't know what to do.

It's common for women to undereat and overtrain, so what I would suggest is upping your caloric intake to at least BMR-10%-15% and making sure you're not overtraining, try to lift some weights and do some sprint intervals.

Some tips:
*add omega 3 fats, flaxseed etc
*add monosaturated fats, olive oil etc
*add nuts , walnuts etc..
*add a lot of natural greens
*add fiber, psyllium husk at least 1x/day
*get more rest/sleep
*get a massage at least once/week
*add 1 cheat day /week

I have nothing wrong with me, my doctor did a full physical and everything came back clear, so no thyroid issues or anything of the like..................and the only medication I take is zantac for acid reflux..so no medications preventing weight loss...yet I'm not losing...weight or inches.

For starters dont use weight as a guide to fat loss. The only thing that is accurate is fat loss itself. Many people, especially women will start to work out and gain weight then get all freaked out. Muscle weighs more than fat so when a sedentary person starts to move they invariable gain muscle.

Next, a full physical doesnt mean there isnt anything wrong. There are some 1000 different intestinal pathogens that cause a whole slew of problems from poor food absorption to heavy metal retention. The fact you have acid reflux coupled with the fact you seem unable to lose weight tells me intestinal pathogens may be worth a look. The biggest problem is your regular doc is going to be of little help in this regard. Google intestinal pathogens to get a huge laundry list of symptoms they can cause. Also check into humaworm, it seems to be a pretty effect product and may be worth a shot to just try if you dont want to spend the $$$ on lab testing.

Next, having thyroid numbers in the normal lab range does not mean your thyroid is functioning normally it simply means its not functioning poorly enough to indicate a direct problem, there is a difference.

Iodine is a main component of thyroid hormones and is a huge factor in thyroid health. Many people who have problems losing weight when thyroid tests show no problems will miraculously start losing bodyfat when they start supplementing with iodine. Dont just run out and start taking iodine though, there are many co-factors and considerations that go along with iodine supplementation so make sure to do your homework if you decide on that route.

if it helps any I just got put on a diet that ..I honestly have no idea how many calories it is. Ive declined to even plug it in and see because the idea was straightening out some hormonal issues

I eat fruit like four times a day and actually threw up a couple of times from how MUCH food I was eating. Im actually dropping weight and stopped going wild for sugar. I suspect its because Im eating an assload of b-vitamins and fiber.

Top Bottom