Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Not losing

O/P never logged back on after creating this thread (I checked her profile) so most of what anybody has to say is sort of academic.

That being said there's one point she mentioned I'd like to address that basically echos Zyglamail's points ... whenever I see that someone is on a medication like Zantac and suffers weight loss issues a bell goes off in my head. When I developed gluten intolerance I first had the classic symptoms -- e.g., weight started falling off despite no change in activity or diet, gut pains and chronic diarrhea. After a month or two of this everything changed: Now I was gaining weight and had what seemed like constant heartburn. Took me a long, long, long time to figure out the reflux came on whenever I ate anything that contained gluten -- and since I was a vegetarian at the time I consumed whole grains with most meals (I actually was a healthy eating vegetarian).

My point is that doctors are so damned quick to prescribe proton pump inhibitors instead of recommending the patient try allergy elimination diets. IMHO, if you keep consuming a food that your body cannot tolerate (you don't have to be fully allergic just intolerant) even if you suppress the obvious symptoms you can still create a situation of inflammation and set yourself up for leaky gut and a host of other autoimmune problems which can potentially make weight loss virtually impossible.

Also the OP never mentioned her age but if she's over 30 I'd be curious to see what her full hormone panel looks like.

ditto on an accurate hormone profile

1. Stop eating all simple carbs, such as flour, sugar, starchy vegetables like potatoes, and most grains. These foods cause blood sugar to spike and the pancreas to release insulin to turn all that excess sugar into fat. Cutting out these foods is one of the most important things you can do to lose weight fast.

2. Eat lots of fiber and green salad vegetables. Fiber will keep your stomach fuller longer, keeping the hunger pangs at bay. A diet that keeps you hungry all the time is not one that you will stick with for very long, no matter how fast the pounds come off at first. Eating lots of fiber and vegetables will also help stabilize your blood sugar, which eliminates the highs and lows following eating.

3. Drink lots of water and only water. Unsweetened tea and decaf black coffee are also permissible, but you will not lose weight fast if you are drinking hidden calories such as the sugar in soda pop or the cream in fancy coffee.

4. Eat plenty of fish, free range eggs and grass fed meat. Fat is not necessarily bad for you, but, like anything else, can be trouble when taken in excess. Aim for as many omega 3 fatty acids as possible, which are plentiful in things like wild salmon and grass fed bison, as opposed to the saturated fats and omega 6s, which make up most of the fat in regular ground beef.

5. Use artificial sweeteners very sparingly, and only to curb the cravings for high-sugar alternatives. Stevia is a natural sweetener that does not affect blood sugar levels, and frequently comes packed with fiber. You can't lose weight fast and eat a diet packed with sweets, but just a little now and then can be permissible.

6. Exercise, exercise, exercise. The only way to make your body healthier is to give it a lot of attention, and that means frequent workouts. The importance of exercise absolutely cannot be understated. Not only will it help you naturally lose weight fast, but it will give you strength and stamina you never had before and improve overall health. Cardio will get your heart rate up and burn lots of calories while you are exercising, and weight training will improve overall strength and endurance, as well as burn more calories while you are at rest.

Top Bottom