Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Niacin????

hardbdygrl

Hey girls,,,,,,,just wondering if anyone has taken Niacin??? its supposed to help with vasularity,,,,,,but i heard it makes you all flushed and start to get hot flashes,,,,,,,,,,,, i read a little about it in the new flex magazine,,,, they seemed to like

I not a girl but I tried it about 10 years ago, I couldn't take the way it made me hot (not in a good way) and it also made me itch. Buy a small bottle and give it a try nothing to lose.

Rocket

I was taking 250 mg of niacin - it will definitely make you get flushed, hot and start itching. It would hit about 20 minutes after you take it - I'd take it in the morning, get to work and then people would start looking at me like I was from another planet and be like "Looks like you got some sun!" Nope. Just loading niacin...LOL! The first time I took it I freaked a little because it washes over you like an allergic reaction.

I've also heard people take it before a comp to get the vascularity rolling too.

According to my handy dandy nutrition reference:

Niacin, or Vitamin B3 -

Recommended daily dosage = 100 mg (250mg will make you sweat)

Its good for proper circulation and aids in the functioning of the nervous system; in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins; and in the production of hydrochloric acid in the digestive system.

Niacin lowers cholestrol (note: good for coming off AS which can mess up your cholestrol levels) and improves circulation.

Hey - also helpfulfor schizophrenia and other mental diseases! And also a memory enhancer!

A flush, usually harmless, may occur after the ingestion of niacin supplements; a red rash appears on the skin and a tingling sensation may be experienced as well.

Amounts over 500 mg daily may cause liver dsamage if taken for prolonged periods of time.

if i take the time released niacin,,,,,,,,will that still give me the flushed looked and itchy feeling???????

I TRIED IT ONCE AND FREAKED OUT ABOUT THE HOT AND ITCHI FEELING, PLEASE START WITH A VERY SMALL DOSAGE !!!!! i DON'T REMEMBER EXACTLY HOW MUCH I TOOK, BUT IT WAS ONLY ONE PILL.

I have no idea about time released. I think if you hit any amount at 100mg or above at one time you'll get the flush. But it does pass quickly. I wouldn't worry about that too much. Just dont' go more than or much more than 250 mg/day. You may find it in your protein mix and other places so if you do a supp, you may be adding to your daily total as well.

Niacin and niacinimide are also found in:
beef liver, brewer's yeast, broccoli, carrots, cheese, corn flour,dandelion greens, dates, eggs, fish, milk, peanuts, pork, potatoes, tomatoes, wheat germ, whole wheat products.

Herbs that contain niacin include:
alfalfa, burdock root, catnup, cayenne, chamomile, chickweed, eyebright, fennelseed, hops, licorice, mullein, nettle, oak straw, parsley, peppermint, raspberry leaf, red clover, rose hips, slippery elm and yellow dock.b

I took 1000mg niacin 45 min before i walked on contest stage.The flush was incredible, so incredible that i felt awfull and i will never take that much again!!!I took it togheter with 250cc red wine.Lucky i was tanned, i must have had a tomato coloured head then...HI

I tried it and all it did was make me look like I had a bad sunburn. Itch....itch.......and more itch.

Top Bottom