Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Newbie here needs guidance

GladX4

Hello everyone,

I am a mother of two, 24 years old, 5'2, 116 lbs, 16% BF

My goals are to be more toned but also trim my inner thighs and sides. I have been working out w/ free weights for about a month now. I have been doing a push/pull/leg routine 3x week. I do 3-4 sets per exercise 8-12 reps. I also on my work out days do 20-30 min of incline power walking on treadmill.

As far as my diet goes, I eat whatever I want for ex. Chk Fettucini Alfredo, Hamburger Helper, Chk Quesadilla etc. But I don't that much. So that's why I don't really gain weight.

I'm going to start eating a good breakfast w/ eggs, add in protein shakes throughout the day, eat more veggies, and no carbs after 6p.m. Right now I am also taking Green Tea Extract and a Multi Vitamin.

My questions are:

1) What supplement can I take to help burn fat and boost energy for work out.

2) I'm not wanting to 100% change my diet overnight. But what are some things I can change or add to my diet to help me get toned, burn fat, and look better.

3) Is my push/pull/leg routine 3x week enough?

Thank you for looking at my post and I look forward to responses!!!! :twirl:

Reactions: ceo
Hello everyone,

I am a mother of two, 24 years old, 5'2, 116 lbs, 16% BF

My goals are to be more toned but also trim my inner thighs and sides. I have been working out w/ free weights for about a month now. I have been doing a push/pull/leg routine 3x week. I do 3-4 sets per exercise 8-12 reps. I also on my work out days do 20-30 min of incline power walking on treadmill.

As far as my diet goes, I eat whatever I want for ex. Chk Fettucini Alfredo, Hamburger Helper, Chk Quesadilla etc. But I don't that much. So that's why I don't really gain weight.

I'm going to start eating a good breakfast w/ eggs, add in protein shakes throughout the day, eat more veggies, and no carbs after 6p.m. Right now I am also taking Green Tea Extract and a Multi Vitamin.

My questions are:

1) What supplement can I take to help burn fat and boost energy for work out.

2) I'm not wanting to 100% change my diet overnight. But what are some things I can change or add to my diet to help me get toned, burn fat, and look better.

3) Is my push/pull/leg routine 3x week enough?

Thank you for looking at my post and I look forward to responses!!!! :twirl:

Supplements I once got a complimentary bottle of VenEvol, it was awesome, steady clean energy and just one capsule a day. Also tried Dren which was way more effective but A. Thermogenesis was serious stuff, i felt like I had hot flashes lol and B. The energy was great buy I felt too wired and jittery.

Sent from my HTC One V using EliteFitness

There's really no point in taking any supps if your diet isnt 100%. Any supp just aides an already flawless diet.

Keep at it. For beginners a full body 3-4 times a week is more beneficial. You can hit each body part more frequently due to not being able to go too heavy on lifts. If you want to gain muscle you need to eat a little above maintenance calories. If your goal is fat loss while preserving muscle you eat below maintenance and lift HEAVY, keep protein high, split up the rest between carbs and fat.
Good luck!

There's really no point in taking any supps if your diet isnt 100%. Any supp just aides an already flawless diet.

Keep at it. For beginners a full body 3-4 times a week is more beneficial. You can hit each body part more frequently due to not being able to go too heavy on lifts. If you want to gain muscle you need to eat a little above maintenance calories. If your goal is fat loss while preserving muscle you eat below maintenance and lift HEAVY, keep protein high, split up the rest between carbs and fat.
Good luck!

I have to disagree. Diet is first priority of course, but an "edge" is an edge. Some supplements can and do. Even help with nutrient partitioning, so some things can in theory make up for some of what your diet may be lacking (or not have enough of)

I think supps could help because she already eats like crap and looks good.

It remindfs me of when I wanna bulk, i eat whatever I want cus I dont really gain fat. Only cus im young, but still why not take advantage of that?

A newb doesn't need supps. Period. They need to learn how to eat and train properly first

You act like that can't be done simultaneously. Supplements are good for you, it's not like its gear bro. Learn to eat right, how to workout correctly, and supplement naturally the right way. Saying supplements are pointless until your diet is perfect is incorrect. I see no logical reason for this. So what you're saying is she shouldn't even take a pre-workout drink because her diet isn't perfectly on point?

You act like that can't be done simultaneously. Supplements are good for you, it's not like its gear bro. Learn to eat right, how to workout correctly, and supplement naturally the right way. Saying supplements are pointless until your diet is perfect is incorrect. I see no logical reason for this. So what you're saying is she shouldn't even take a pre-workout drink because her diet isn't perfectly on point?

First of all, I'm a woman, not your "bro".
And second, she has no idea how to eat properly and is a newb to working out. All of that can be overwhelming and takes time to figure everything out. A little pre workout for some added energy, ya maybe she could try it. But does she need it? Absolutely not. You don't NEED any supp, (especially as a newb) except maybe a good fish oil and protein if requirements can't be made with food.

Lose the attitude, fish oil and protein is considered a supp so in a way you are wrong and no need to get so defensive. No one is telling here to get on anavar... Protein should be taking even if you are not working out as fish oil and a multivitamin all will help her loose weight and help her reach her goals

Top Bottom