Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Newbie and Frustrated

Chazk, I would love to pick soccer back up....I agree w/you, very good idea!!!

I love it, it kept me in awesome shape in HS!! Around my area, there are a lot of leagues, even for former players who havent played in 10 yrs (that'd be me)...Problem is they practice on certain days and have games on certain days...
.....I work alternating shifts in the ER sometimes days, sometimes overnights, all 12 hour shifts, and including weekends.

im looking for a no commitment soccer team when you just go and play for fun but you dont have to go every practice..there is one that happens on Sat am, about 30mins away that I may go to and maybe I can get info on other teams.

hehe...also when you mentioned about staying on the outside, that is great advice!!

Thanks

PegasusStar said:
Vigensghost-

Yes, I am also curious too...honestly my thyroid hormone has not been checked in 3 years!!...why *shame and embarrased* I was actually a resident in Emergency Medicine...I wrote myself for my own Synthroid, and I can feel if I miss a week of meds that I start to get tired and dazed, and so now I take it every day, the same dose as before...I havent had it checked b/c I hate needles..hehe..and I was just going by how I felt..i know this is REALLY stupid!! I now have insurance and I can do this now. You make a great point and thanks for that...I need to get this done NOW.

Velvett-
Thanks for the added info on the protein shake..not sure why is it better, but Im willing to change the protein powder....Im really sad that Soy is bad for hypothyroid...what if I take it and my hormone levels are normal, can I still take it...??
Heart disease runs in my family...my mother died at 46 yrs old and 2 of her brothers in their mid 40s and her dad at 45...Im totally freeked about it, but I can say, im more fit than any of them every where..still it is a family trait..and im terrified..im only 31, but if I had a kid now and died when my mother did, my child would be only14-15 yrs old...so heart health is very impt to me.

Needtogetaas-
I have not made a log, but I would LOVE to!!! Where do I do that at, I would LOVE all of you to review it...see where my flaws are...OMG that would be awesome...where do I do this at? Ive been doing it on SparkPeople.com..Used to use Fitday, but Spark is a weight loss place that you can actually put in a Name brand, and they seem more comprehensive, b/c/ if you eat at Subway, they have all the meals there, ect....but I would def post here if you could tell me where.

Thandi-
Thanks for the info..i have long avoided protein bars, even zone and cliff and luna b/c I felt they first tasted horrible and then too sweet...everything seem to have Chocolate..and I hate sweets...much would rather have a REAL meal than any dessert...i swing the other way for women I guess.

The example menue you gave is very much what I can eat..im not picky (that is my problem..hehe) but my ? is...can I add spices...rosemary, paprika, garlic, onion, ect...will that be ok?....if it is dry or fresh?

The pasta and mac and cheese, yeah, I know..my FI makes this for me sometimes..like 2x a month, b/c we work overnights and we are both ER docs..so we have horrible schedules...but he used Whole grain pasta, low fat milk, and 2% cheese..he is really trying hard to help me, but do I just need to say NO WAY all together, although he is trying so hard?

It seems like it is all or nothing here...Give up the milk or cheese even if skim or no fat..right? All pasta gone, even if whole wheat...if so, Ill do it...I swear im mentally ready, which I think is a lot of problems with the "im going on a diet' B/C it WILL be a lifestyle change..I just need to know the limits..I need to know...

No milk, no cheese, no matter how non fat or low fat it is...
I will give it up, I can eat and will eat anything...almost.

This isnt about me being hungry, it is about me doing the best for my body.

Last night I ate chicken and veggies all night long, I craved for something to have still, so I ate 5 wheat thins..and I was happy, then I lifted for an hour..

Im feeking hungry like crazy...maybe it is "I need carbs" but Im fighting that so much right now and I know that will get easier.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU....you guys are awesome...Thanks for answering my ?s in an honest way and for even caring...Why didnt I come here earlier? I will def recomend you guys to all I know!
well peg you could ether make a new thread in this forum called (my log thread) or we could just keep rolling with this thread and you can start logging her in this one.

Ether way we will all see it and keep track of you. :heart: :heart:

vixensghost said:
Did we get our levels checked yet? :heart:

I just posted an update....

As far as the level, I had to get at TB test 2 days ago, but Im trying to get a way to get my TSH checked w/o going to another doctor...they said they would let me know this week...

Thanks
Amanda

PegasusStar said:
I just posted an update....

As far as the level, I had to get at TB test 2 days ago, but Im trying to get a way to get my TSH checked w/o going to another doctor...they said they would let me know this week...

Thanks
Amanda
Nice I hate docs they all suck. I think we are all at the mercy of the hmo's and shit. Please keep in touch babe. :)

Top Bottom