Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

new and need help pleas!

2bfitchristy

i am new to this board.I am 50lbs over weight.For the past few years i have realy put on weight.I have made that life changing decisoun to change my life.i have dieted and worked out in the past but never stuck to it.I have been on my diet(i hate calling it diet,its a way of life)for 10 days now.One thing about me is i love working out.I always feel so good afterwards.I just recently decided to strength train.My husband has a weight bench w/the leg extention at the end and we have tons of weights.So i have been trying it out.I love it.I love pushing myself to the limit and working hard.I think this is the thing for me.I have been eating a low carb diet.I do think i need to add some good carbs becuase i a getting realy tired in the day.I get up at 6:00am 6 days a week to work out.I have a 4 1/2 mo old so i have to do it before he gets up.anyways i just wanted to post my meals and my workout routine to see if you all think i am doing the best plan for what i want to achieve.what i want to achieve is to lose the fat.and i want to be toned and have lots of muscle definition.I am 5/1" and i way 166 i have 31% bf.

here is one day of what i eat
protien shake after work out
break-1 egg 3pcs of turkey bacon and some tomato 1-cup of skim milk
snack-grapes/a few almonds and sometimes a cheese stick
lunch a salad w/grilled chicken with olive oil and lemon juice
snack sugar free jello
dinner usually a meat and a green vegetable

i drink about 80 oz of water or more

here is my routine
mon. cardio (jazzercise)45 min
tues.weights full body/then cardio 30 min
wendsday cardio/30min then abs
thursday off
friday weights full body/then abs
sat cardio 45 min
sun weights abs

here is weight routine
bench press 3 sets of 10 at 40 lbs
leg extentions 3 sets of 20 at 50 lbs
standing tricep ext. 3sets of 12 at 15lbs
bent over dumbell rows 2 sets of 12 at 15lbs
leg curls 3 sets of 12 at 50lbs
back squats 2 sets of 20 at 40lbs
dead lifts 2 sets of 10 at 40lbs

if i want to lose alot of fat should i do less cardio more training or vice versa?thank you for your time and sorry my post is so long.also i noticed to eat clean you cant have dairy.what can i use for my protien shake besides water.Can i use soy milk?

2bfitchristy said:
i am new to this board.I am 50lbs over weight.For the past few years i have realy put on weight.I have made that life changing decisoun to change my life.i have dieted and worked out in the past but never stuck to it.I have been on my diet(i hate calling it diet,its a way of life)for 10 days now.One thing about me is i love working out.I always feel so good afterwards.I just recently decided to strength train.My husband has a weight bench w/the leg extention at the end and we have tons of weights.So i have been trying it out.I love it.I love pushing myself to the limit and working hard.I think this is the thing for me.I have been eating a low carb diet.I do think i need to add some good carbs becuase i a getting realy tired in the day.I get up at 6:00am 6 days a week to work out.I have a 4 1/2 mo old so i have to do it before he gets up.anyways i just wanted to post my meals and my workout routine to see if you all think i am doing the best plan for what i want to achieve.what i want to achieve is to lose the fat.and i want to be toned and have lots of muscle definition.I am 5/1" and i way 166 i have 31% bf.

snack sugar free jello

i drink about 80 oz of water or more

here is my routine
thursday off
sat cardio 45 min
sun weights abs

here is weight routine

if i want to lose alot of fat should i do less cardio more training or vice versa?thank you for your time and sorry my post is so long.also i noticed to eat clean you cant have dairy.what can i use for my protien shake besides water.Can i use soy milk?

welcome to elite!you've come to the right place,the ladies here can help get you straight!

RADAR

:wavey: Hi 2BFit! Welcome! My first suggestion would be to read the stickies at the top of the forum. Shadow's Project is a good one to start with. The ladies here are very knowledgable, so don't be afraid to ask questions if there is something you are not sure about or don't understand. Lots of support and luv here too.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing!
:heart:

So I don't miss anything following the Dark Red Text
2bfitchristy said:
i am new to this board. Welcome to EF :wavey: I am 50lbs over weight.For the past few years i have realy put on weight.I have made that life changing decisoun to change my life. That is the 1st step ... Great job! Now stick with that mentality, even whenit gets tough, You will need positive reinforcement & came to the right place :) i have dieted and worked out in the past but never stuck to it.WHy do YOU think you have failed in the past? Any reasons you can name so we can squash those right here? I have been on my diet(i hate calling it diet,its a way of life We have a winner with that statement! "Way of Life" indeed :D )for 10 days now.One thing about me is i love working out.I always feel so good afterwards.I just recently decided to strength train.My husband has a weight bench w/the leg extention at the end and we have tons of weights.So i have been trying it out.I love it.I love pushing myself to the limit and working hard.I think this is the thing for me. Working out can become an addiction, like anything else that brings you 'pleasure' ... Personally I think it is great that you love working out, made a commitment to yourself to change your life, been going 10 fdays so far.. seems like you have what it takes :) I think you did the right thing by adding strength training. 3 years ago I would laugh at anyone that said I needed to lift heavier & eat more often & more frequently. Then, I 'saw the light' , joined EF, make some inital changes & eventually 3 months or so after I joined, I jumped on the Shadow Project. I'm sure you can use someof the format is you are looking for a change to a one body part a day split (5 days a week) ... great place to start. If you like the full body 3 days a week then by all means stick with that if it works with your schedule. I have been eating a low carb diet.I do think i need to add some good carbs becuase i a getting realy tired in the day. Remember carbs are not really the enemy here, the TYPE of carbs you eat are more likely the culprit. I get up at 6:00am 6 days a week to work out.I have a 4 1/2 mo old so i have to do it before he gets up.anyways i just wanted to post my meals and my workout routine to see if you all think i am doing the best plan for what i want to achieve.what i want to achieve is to lose the fat.and i want to be toned and have lots of muscle definition.I am 5/1" and i way 166 i have 31% bf.

snack sugar free jello
Trying putting your foods into a free calorie counter like www.fitday.com so you can show us exactly how many calories you are eating a day, and what your macros (Protein/carbs/fat %'s are) You cals look kinda low by what you posted, so check out & see what you are exactly eating, or at least get a good guesstimate :)
i drink about 80 oz of water or more If you can stomach it, you may want to slowly increase this every week until you reach a gallon , maybe just shy of one ... 128 oz = 1 gallon.

Do you ever binge? Drink?Smoke? Have a cheat meal? Have you stayed strict the last 10 days? You may want to throw a 'reward' meal in for a job well done & to curb any cravings you may have, which can inadvertantly cause a binge or latenight snacking. You can afford to have this seeing you are training & the other 6 days of the week your diet is good.

here is my routine
thursday off
sat cardio 45 min
sun weights abs
I would aim for weights 3-5 days a week ... do you get some from this routine? Are you lifting until failure? The last rep is hard to do but you make it without compromising form?
here is weight routine

if i want to lose alot of fat should i do less cardio more training or vice versa?This is completely subjective. If you want to lose fat it is a good thing you added strength training... the more muscle you have the better. thank you for your time and sorry my post is so long.also i noticed to eat clean you cant have dairy.what can i use for my protien shake besides water.Can i use soy milk?
You CAN have dairy, you can have fruits & a variety of veggies as well. If you are competing or have a goal to compete (or similar) some people opt to cut certain foods out of your diet, but if your goal is to be healthy & lose some weight, as long as you have no allergies to dairy or other healthy foods rich in vitamins & minerals, no real reason to cut them out entirely.

Hope that helped some :)

Congrats on the baby ;)

Hey girl! First congrats on making that LIFE CHANGING DECISION -- its your life! You can make it what you want! And congrats on loving lifting (I do too!) and congrats on your baby btw!

I'll 2nd & 3rd what the girls said above -- there's a great sticky at the top called "Are you new to Elite Fitness Ladies Board - START HERE!" -- read that! Lots of links to great articles & posts on EF.

My thoughts -

- you have the attitude, now its just the time doing.
- DIET will get you where you want to go. Don't get too hung up on more cardio or more lifting. Put your current meal plan into www.fitday.com & post it up so we can see what you are eating now. "Low carb" diets are hard to exist on because your body AND your brain need carbs to run. Low carb works for a while, but it catches up to you - its not a lifestyle diet. Instead The Shadow Project is a great diet & training program, or I'd suggest even gettign a copy of Bill Phillips' BOD FOR LIFE book. That's a fantastic intro to nutrition & how to diet as a lifestyle. You probably need more carbs just to run more efficiently - but the book gives you guidelines with more variety than a strict diet that maybe your family has eat with you in order to make it doable.
- training - for what you have now, full-body training is probably a great way for you to get started. The BODY FOR LIFE program splits it into 3x/week, split into upper body & lower body with high intensity interval trainign style (HIIT) cardio. I would say whatever you end up choosing to do, NEVER be scared to lift "heavy". As long as you have tight form, make sure you push to do as much as you can in clean reps but at weights were if you can lift more than say 8-12, you increase the weights. Or whatever number of reps you set as your goal -- if the form is tight and you can lift that many clean reps, up the weight. Women are amazingly strong creatures and the cute little pinks weights that you see the aerobics bunnies throwing around are an insult to the body that God gave us.

Welcome to EF and look forward to your posts! Any questions? ASK! Need support? LOTS OF IT HERE! Anything for our girls! ANYTHING!

Welcome to EF look forward to reading your log...we know you are going to log right?? lol Welcome!

i am glad to be here

I am so happy to have found you gals.You are so sopportive.to answer some of your questions.i am going to start using fit day.I have only cheated on a meal once and that was sugar free pudding.I realy have not wanted anything bad.I would rather have a salad and boiled chicken that mashed potatos and gravy.wich is realy good.But i know eventially i am going to want those goodies.I am just so focused on being fit and yes i do believe it is addicting.the reasons I had failed in the past was one i had switched to a 12 hr shift at work.It was hard to fit my workout in and a little lazy(i will admit it)lol.Now i am a stay at home mom.second time was i got pregnant.But now there is nothing going to get in my way.I am going to add some more carbs to my plan like sweet potatos and brown rice.I want to do a clean diet.I stop eating 3 hrs before bed.I do not drink or smoke.when i lift on my 10th rep i am really pushing it.I almost cant get it there but i do.Is this what i am soppose to aim for?And another question how do i log?does this mean i post meals and stuff everyday?I know silly question.lol

Re: i am glad to be here

2bfitchristy said:
I am so happy to have found you gals.You are so sopportive.to answer some of your questions.i am going to start using fit day.I have only cheated on a meal once and that was sugar free pudding. LOL - this isn't a cheat. A cheat meal would be whatever you want at your favorite restaurant, or cake and ice cream, or something else that is TOTALLY not allowed in your normal eating.I realy have not wanted anything bad.I would rather have a salad and boiled chicken that mashed potatos and gravy.wich is realy good.But i know eventially i am going to want those goodies.I am just so focused on being fit and yes i do believe it is addicting.the reasons I had failed in the past was one i had switched to a 12 hr shift at work.It was hard to fit my workout in and a little lazy(i will admit it)lol.Now i am a stay at home mom.second time was i got pregnant.But now there is nothing going to get in my way.I am going to add some more carbs to my plan like sweet potatos and brown rice. Try to get your carbs in first thing in the morning or right before or after your workout. I want to do a clean diet.I stop eating 3 hrs before bed. you should probably eat a fat source right before bed. Helps make you feel full longer and also gives your body something to "chew" on while you sleep. All natural peanut butter (anpb) or nuts would be good for this. I do not drink or smoke.when i lift on my 10th rep i am really pushing it.I almost cant get it there but i do.Is this what i am soppose to aim for?Absolutely! Good job! And another question how do i log?does this mean i post meals and stuff everyday?I know silly question.lol Yep, every day. When you first get started in fitday, it can get a little tedious (sp), but once you have everything set up it gets easier.
Welcome to EF, Christy! :wavey: We're here to help in any way we can. Don't hesitate to ask if you have a question. Again, as Sassy and takiniteasy said earlier, read the stickies - TONS of helpful info there for you.

Again.....WELCOME!​

Top Bottom