Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New and need help :)

Hi again...thanks for the help so far..okay here it goes...my diet...
7:30 am... 1/2c egg whites, 1 low carb corn tortilla, & 1/4c fruit..or i eat 1/2 fat free cottage cheese with 1/4c berries and 1/4 oatmeal...i use sf creamer in my coffee and splenda and stevia...
10:15 ish i will have an apple
12:00 lunch.. I eat either a chicken salad ff spray dressing, 1/2 sandwich (if i dont have anything else prepared) tuna fish with either melba toast crackers or wheat crackers.. Protein is 3 to 4 oz
3:00 whey protien shake with berries and i through dry oats in it
6:30 3-4oz meat (chicken, lean meat i.e. Sirloin, filet, i do have rib eye sometimes, yams, rice, and a veggie..
Before bed i drink a plan shake and i just started eating like 2oz of tuna....
And like i said i have days where i do cheat and its like a handful of chips or a cookie...

So that is what i have been eating
so any help, tweaks, suggestions..bring it...lol....i am open to anything...
Thanks again

IMO your diet needs tweaking.
Breakfast: I would have more protein at breakfast. Chicken, fish, whole eggs, whey protein, whatever you like. Oatmeal is OK, but if you're having trouble dropping fat, cut out the oatmeal. I'd add a few nuts in too for a healthy fat. No fruit.

If you need a snack mid morning have a protein shake or a small amount of nuts. unsalted of course.

lunch- Tuna is great, try it with salad greens and vegetables. Use the full fat mayo, or my favourite, olive oil with lemon and pepper drizzled on it. How about some chickpeas or beans thrown it for fun? Great for fibre.

snack. Just have more protein with some vegtables Lose the oatmeal if you have a shake.

Dinner. Have an oily fish or chicken for protein and yep, you guessed it, more vegetables or greens.
Don't use pre made salad dressings if you have a salad. Use olive oil/walnut oil/macadamia oil with fresh lemon juice, lime juice, or red wine vinegar with herbs, spices and garlic.
Before bed have some almond butter or peanut butter, or some cottage cheese (not low fat)

Cheats: are directly related to your success. One meal a week is great, a whole day of treats is not.
My two cents and welcome :)

Thank you so much for all the wonderful info...i am going to take your suggestions and cut out the fruit even though it is natural sugar it is not working for me..it is my diet and i realize that now..and i am going to do what has been suggested to me...
Again thank you i will start tomorrow with the diet tweaking
one more thing how long does it take to see any changes from cutting out/adding things into my diet as far as weight/fat loss???

I don't think it would take very long to see physical results, especially if you were retaining water from the carbs and bloating from it.
Other benefits you may notice from adding in full fat yogurt. olive oil, oily fish, and whole eggs are increased energy, better skin and hair, lower LDL cholesterol levels, lower blood pressure, and improved mood to name a few :)
Note well though, though reducing your grain intake will require much more vegetable and legume consumption. You can't ever have too many vegetables. Go for ones that are dark green, bright orange, or purple to get the best vitamins. Corn niblets or corn on the cob don't really count, it's more of a treat food.
You sound really motivated, but beware of looking for a quick fix. Change your whole ideas about food. Food as fuel. Your body is a high-performance vehicle that needs high-performance fuel. That doesn't mean expensive supplements or organic everything. Keep it simple, and you will notice a huge difference.
I'm assuming you want to put on lean muscle given the anabolics? You have to eat, and eat lots of quality food. Go for at least 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight. You're 136? Try and get 200 grams of protein every day. If you eat six meals with 30 grams each, that should cover you.
I would also encourage you to include some fruit in your cheat meal so you don't feel like you are depriving yourself.

Ok Eliza, everybody that has posted on your topic is a vet and they all know exactly what they are doing. So its up to you to take their advice and run with it.
Welcome to Elite, best of luck to you, and keep posting.

If you need any more help with that link of foods i posted up and the accessories just shoot me a pm.

Helping members is part of my job! :)

Ok this may be a "duh" comment but I will throw it out there anyway...

Watch the type/brand of "protein shake" as well.
What you mix with it, how much sugar/carbs (or not) is in the mix itself, how much protein (bang for you calorie/intake buck so to speak)...
Good luck!

Top Bottom