Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New Member in need of advice

** Jade **

Hi!

I'm new to this whole thing I've been browsing this site for a few weeks and realized I've got a lot to learn but I'm excited to start. I have pretty much had the same body my whole life ... no real changes to my weight maybe just a little more muscle sometimes.

I'm 20 years old and have been moderately active my whole life. When I say active I mean I've basically just done anything cardio and avoided anything to do with weights but I realize this has to change. Recently I have become alot lazier because my work out buddy moved away ahahaha and I'm a student.
My info:

Weight: 130
Height: 5'5
Body Fat: 21% ish ( I've gotten a few different numbers but this seems to be the average)

Workout:
My workout routine is pretty much just go to the gym (3x/week) and hit up the elyptical or jog for 30 minutes , do some type of ab thing and arms and stretch and then peace out (bad I know I just never know wtf to do). Recently its gotten worse and i just walk 3 times a week for 45 minutes.

Diet:
(changes but this is typical)

Breakfast- 2 scrambled eggs or cereal, toast, glass of milk

Snack- apple, fruit/veggie bar

Lunch- chicken or tuna sandwich, fruit, chopped up veggies

Snack- yogurt or trail mix or quick carb fix (bread with butter)

Dinner- carbs(pasta or rice), meat (chicken or beef), salad, steamed vegetable and then an awesome dessert (sometimes fruit usually ice cream or choclate) oh yes and a glass of milk

My Goals: I want to get awesome abs, tight ass etc... basically i want to get toned, look fit, feel fit, and see what my body can do when treated right.

So where do I start?? I 'm def going to read "Body for life" and just wondering where I can find the link to the Shadow project (can't find it)

No medical concerns

Hello again, :)

There is a sticky at the top of this forum, with 'link to all the top threads'.

There is some basic diet plans in that section, and info about training.

I haven't read Body for Life, but it does come highly recommended, as does Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle.

Really, what is missing in your routine is just a few alerations to your diet, I would do things like have pre- and post workout nutrition (this is for weight training), and probably one more meal.

And then the weight training.

It depends on how much you know about weight training, and what sort of gym you have access to.

Does your gym have a lot of free weights?

I bumped a couple of threads on 'how women should weight train' and 'how to build a better butt'

:)

** Jade ** said:
Hi!

I'm new to this whole thing I've been browsing this site for a few weeks and realized I've got a lot to learn but I'm excited to start. I have pretty much had the same body my whole life ... no real changes to my weight maybe just a little more muscle sometimes.

I'm 20 years old and have been moderately active my whole life. When I say active I mean I've basically just done anything cardio and avoided anything to do with weights but I realize this has to change. Recently I have become alot lazier because my work out buddy moved away ahahaha and I'm a student.
My info:

Weight: 130
Height: 5'5
Body Fat: 21% ish ( I've gotten a few different numbers but this seems to be the average)

Workout:
My workout routine is pretty much just go to the gym (3x/week) and hit up the elyptical or jog for 30 minutes , do some type of ab thing and arms and stretch and then peace out (bad I know I just never know wtf to do). Recently its gotten worse and i just walk 3 times a week for 45 minutes.

Diet:
(changes but this is typical)

Breakfast- 2 scrambled eggs or cereal, toast, glass of milk

Snack- apple, fruit/veggie bar

Lunch- chicken or tuna sandwich, fruit, chopped up veggies

Snack- yogurt or trail mix or quick carb fix (bread with butter)

Dinner- carbs(pasta or rice), meat (chicken or beef), salad, steamed vegetable and then an awesome dessert (sometimes fruit usually ice cream or choclate) oh yes and a glass of milk

My Goals: I want to get awesome abs, tight ass etc... basically i want to get toned, look fit, feel fit, and see what my body can do when treated right.

So where do I start?? I 'm def going to read "Body for life" and just wondering where I can find the link to the Shadow project (can't find it)

No medical concerns

If she wants to lose weight and be tight she should cut the bread and butter, pasta, ice cream. Instead she should have brown rice, oats, yams, any vegies, and protein. And of course train very hard and do cardio.
She will not get tight abs with ice cream and pasta.

7-8 small meals a day consisting of chicken, beef, turkey, tuna, fish and the above mentioned carbs.

Good luck..

Hey Guys,

Thanks for responding and for all your advice. Definatley gonna cut out some of the carbs and eat more often. I 've been reading the top posts and sorting through the info so hopefully i can develop a good weight /workout plan.... Thanks again.

Jane

fitness-rubber said:
Speaking for myself, I'd sure spend a lot more time scanning and searching for old threads that had info I was looking for ;)

Yea, I know...

Something that a lot of newbies forget to do. They just pop and want to be spoonfed "the right answer".

I am not directing this comment at anyone in particular. WE ALWAYS WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AS WE ARE HERE FOR ONE ANOTHER! :)

But I do agree it is a bit frustrating when this occurs.

Jade - please do tell us what plan you come up with so we can help guide you along YOUR journey. :heart:

** Jade ** said:
Hey Guys,

Thanks for responding and for all your advice. Definatley gonna cut out some of the carbs and eat more often. I 've been reading the top posts and sorting through the info so hopefully i can develop a good weight /workout plan.... Thanks again.

Jane

Post up what you think your diet might be, or your training routine, any issues you have with time, work, children, and we will see what we can do.

Sometimes more than one brain working on sorting things out really helps.

I'm an old school kinda gal.... I've always tried to cycle my carb intake early in the day rather than stacking them so late at night. Just something I caught while reading your eating schedy.

Top Bottom