Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New Member in need of advice

BIKINIMOM said:
Yea, I know...

Something that a lot of newbies forget to do. They just pop and want to be spoonfed "the right answer".

I am not directing this comment at anyone in particular. WE ALWAYS WELCOME NEW MEMBERS AS WE ARE HERE FOR ONE ANOTHER! :)

But I do agree it is a bit frustrating when this occurs.

Jade - please do tell us what plan you come up with so we can help guide you along YOUR journey. :heart:

Interestingly enough, usually after one or two of the bumps or reposts, I find myself spending a few hours looking at older stuff - just reminds me of how much there is

fitness-rubber said:
Interestingly enough, usually after one or two of the bumps or reposts, I find myself spending a few hours looking at older stuff - just reminds me of how much there is

Yup....

It's all here FREE. :)

Hey all...

I am just in the process right now of developing a workout/weight routine... just sifting through all the info. I am new to weight lifting so am trying to figure out a good routine. So far this is what my workout plan is

day 1- cardio (20 minutes ish?)
day 2- weights (45 minutes ish? ): upper body
day 3 - cardio
day 4 - weights : lower body
day 5- cardio
day 6- weights: upper body
day 7- rest
(alternate upper body/ lower body following week)

This is just a start... I'm not too sure how to split the weight training (upper/lower)?
I am not looking to be "spoon fed" just some direction but I understand your fustration. Thanks

** Jade ** said:
Hey all...

I am just in the process right now of developing a workout/weight routine... just sifting through all the info. I am new to weight lifting so am trying to figure out a good routine. So far this is what my workout plan is

day 1- cardio (20 minutes ish?)
day 2- weights (45 minutes ish? ): upper body
day 3 - cardio
day 4 - weights : lower body
day 5- cardio
day 6- weights: upper body
day 7- rest
(alternate upper body/ lower body following week)

This is just a start... I'm not too sure how to split the weight training (upper/lower)?
I am not looking to be "spoon fed" just some direction but I understand your fustration. Thanks

Imo, is best to train resistant weight one body part per week.
Such as: Example.
Day 1 Chest/triceps
Day 2 Back/biceps
Day 3 Legs
Day 4 Shoulders.
If you have one day left, do not start again with day one or you'll wind up over training. I'm training legs twice per week, but I'm trying to build up for a contest and I have been training for 20 years.

Cardio 30 or more minutes per session. 20 minutes just warms you up. That said, perhaps is best for you to start with 20 minutes, since you're starting, then increase it to 30-45 minutes, which will help you burn fat.

Good luck! Good for you for beginning to train...

Last edited:
Hey ladies.... i have a question about warming up and stretching. Do you spend some time warming up before lifting weights and do you spend alot of time stretching after? I have also been thinking about incorporating one day of yoga into my routine because I am not exactly the most limber person... any thoughts. :rainbow: thanks

You really need to get the blood flowing into the muscle group you are training for the day.You could hurt yourself if you skip this important step! You NEED to stretch and warm-up before lifting the iron. I also stretch after a session too. In my mind, you can never be toooooo limber. :)

Breathig is so very important too. Don;t hold your breath! I see so many people holding their breath while stretching. WTH?

Yoga would be an fantastic idea too!

thandie said:
If she wants to lose weight and be tight she should cut the bread and butter, pasta, ice cream. Instead she should have brown rice, oats, yams, any vegies, and protein. And of course train very hard and do cardio.
She will not get tight abs with ice cream and pasta.

7-8 small meals a day consisting of chicken, beef, turkey, tuna, fish and the above mentioned carbs.

Good luck..
I agree. that would be a start along with adding a little weight training to her regimen. Maybe some basic exercises like lunges, curls, tri kickbacks, etc. Nothing extremely strenuous maybe 2 exercises per bodypart and 4 sets of 15-25 reps. See how it goes and work your way up.

Peter_North said:
I agree. that would be a start along with adding a little weight training to her regimen. Maybe some basic exercises like lunges, curls, tri kickbacks, etc. Nothing extremely strenuous maybe 2 exercises per bodypart and 4 sets of 15-25 reps. See how it goes and work your way up.

a great way to really get into a program is to build on a foundation...

Top Bottom