Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

innersanctuary

Hi. I have been reading this discussion board for the past week.

My name is Leslie. I am the mom to two...

At the end of March, I joined my local gym because I saw a photo of myself with my kids, and couldn't believe it was me.

I'm 5'4 1/2 and weighed 150 pounds. I don't have a way really to get my fat% but I know it is somewhere near a million. :worried: I used one of those handheld things that use electrical impulses..and it says 28.1%.

I now weigh 127 pounds.

This happened with a total revamp of my nutrition. I cut out pretty much everything..sugar, dairy, white flour, bread, pasta, soda, anything out of a box....(dairy and bread bloat me anyway)

I was doing the elliptical 45 minutes for 6 days a week.

Then I hit a plateau at 132 lbs. I started adding protein at every meal...and began eating about 5 small meals a day.

However, I have no idea what I should actually be eating or how to plan it out. I started putting what I eat into fitday yesterday, and realized I'm starving myself...even though I feel like I'm eating like a horse.

I started weight training 3 weeks ago because I really want to add the muscle on and get rid of the fat.

My question is...can someone give me an ideal meal plan?

Also, can someone give me an ideal workout plan?

I want to transform this body completely!

Thank you so much!

I will let the ladies answer this one. You came to the right place. The resources in this forum are great and you will not be let down!

Welcome girl! Sounds like you are doing great.

Tell me more about what your workouts consist of now and how often you are doing them. Since starting 3 weeks ago do you feel you are getting stronger? How sore are you after workouts? Do you have any stubborn body fat in certain areas (hips, thighs, abdominal)?

Also think about other things in your life. Your relationships, your career, family, hobbies, self care, sex. Have any of these changed recently (you don't have to answer that here). How long have you been "stuck"? You are at a healthy weight...a very healthy weight but it sounds like we need a body re composition. Replace access fat with muscle! That we can do.

I'm not a fan of the 5 meals a day scenario so I'll let our other expert ladies guide you there. I will say though that as you add vigorous weight training you will find yourself able to eat plenty!!! Can you tell us how many calories you are taking in vs. how many you were taking in while losing weight?

I would like you to try something so that you can learn about your body and be better apt to build a meal plan that works for you. For the next couple of days vary the types of foods you eat and pay close attention to how you feel right after you eat them and then 2 hours after eating them. This will give you some clues into what your body needs. Remember that a diet needs to address your bodies needs - which can be different from someone else. By feeding the body what it needs it naturally lets go of fat and will repay you big time! For example one morning have eggs, one morning have a bagel and coffee, one morning have vegetables, one morning have fruit.....this will teach you a ton about your body and what it requires. (make sure to not supplement with caffeine on the mornings that coffee is not prescribed)

So glad you're here!

Welcome girl! Sounds like you are doing great.

Tell me more about what your workouts consist of now and how often you are doing them. Since starting 3 weeks ago do you feel you are getting stronger? How sore are you after workouts? Do you have any stubborn body fat in certain areas (hips, thighs, abdominal)?

I definitely feel like I'm getting stronger. My muscles are tighter, and I am starting to see them now...although they are covered with layers of fat. I'm not that sore after workouts....the muscles are just worn out. Workouts=I workout 6X per week. (this is where I need help because I am not sure what I should be working and when) on the 7th day, I do an active rest...so I will do some light cardio for about 25 minutes.....

Oh yea, stubborn body fat...definitely in the butt and hips...looks like my legs are muscular til you get up the hips...as if I'm wearing bloomers...:/

I think muscles are extremely sexy..and would like to see some!

Also think about other things in your life. Your relationships, your career, family, hobbies, self care, sex. Have any of these changed recently (you don't have to answer that here). How long have you been "stuck"? You are at a healthy weight...a very healthy weight but it sounds like we need a body re composition. Replace access fat with muscle! That we can do.

Nothing in my family has changed, except for the fact that both my husband and I realized we were gaining weight.....but he is hardly eating and only doing cardio....while I really want to build the muscle and burn the fat. I'm stuck in the fact that I don't know how or when to workout.

I'm not a fan of the 5 meals a day scenario so I'll let our other expert ladies guide you there. I will say though that as you add vigorous weight training you will find yourself able to eat plenty!!! Can you tell us how many calories you are taking in vs. how many you were taking in while losing weight?

I can't eat that much at a time...and would rather only eat when i'm hungry...but then i'd never eat and get no calories at all! :) I'm taking in about 1200 calories a day....and while losing weight, i was only eating fruits and vegetables so probably hardly any calories at all at that time.

I would like you to try something so that you can learn about your body and be better apt to build a meal plan that works for you. For the next couple of days vary the types of foods you eat and pay close attention to how you feel right after you eat them and then 2 hours after eating them. This will give you some clues into what your body needs. Remember that a diet needs to address your bodies needs - which can be different from someone else. By feeding the body what it needs it naturally lets go of fat and will repay you big time! For example one morning have eggs, one morning have a bagel and coffee, one morning have vegetables, one morning have fruit.....this will teach you a ton about your body and what it requires. (make sure to not supplement with caffeine on the mornings that coffee is not prescribed)

I'm a big fan of listening to the body....so I already do that when I'm eating. I KNOW that I am unable to eat bread of any kind, nor can i eat cheese...HATE milke, and honestly, any kind of red meat makes me feel really tired....I don't drink any kind of caffeine....I only drink water...

So glad you're here!

I am SO happy that you've replied to me. I hope to get a lot of insight here!

Need a good plan! Doing so much research, I have seen so many recommendations on how to do things that it gets so very confusing.

Hi. I have been reading this discussion board for the past week.

My name is Leslie. I am the mom to two...

At the end of March, I joined my local gym because I saw a photo of myself with my kids, and couldn't believe it was me.

I'm 5'4 1/2 and weighed 150 pounds. I don't have a way really to get my fat% but I know it is somewhere near a million. :worried: I used one of those handheld things that use electrical impulses..and it says 28.1%.

I now weigh 127 pounds.

This happened with a total revamp of my nutrition. I cut out pretty much everything..sugar, dairy, white flour, bread, pasta, soda, anything out of a box....(dairy and bread bloat me anyway)

I was doing the elliptical 45 minutes for 6 days a week.

Then I hit a plateau at 132 lbs. I started adding protein at every meal...and began eating about 5 small meals a day.

However, I have no idea what I should actually be eating or how to plan it out. I started putting what I eat into fitday yesterday, and realized I'm starving myself...even though I feel like I'm eating like a horse.

I started weight training 3 weeks ago because I really want to add the muscle on and get rid of the fat.

My question is...can someone give me an ideal meal plan?

Also, can someone give me an ideal workout plan?

I want to transform this body completely!

Thank you so much!

Welcome Leslie!

That's great you cut out sugar, dairy, white flour, bread, pasta, soda. Eat whole foods and not only will you get in better shape, but you'll be much healthier in the long run.
I suggest about 5 meals a day to revamp your metabolism.
As you already know, have lean protein and grains, fibrous and starchy carbs with good fats.

Oatmeal and egg whites is great in the mornings.
Any lean protein with a salad and brown rice or veggies, or couscous, etc.
Same as above
Have a protein drink post workout.
Fish and vegetables I prefer in the evenings since is lighter with your digestion.

Drink lots of water and about 2 cups of green tea a day.

I am SO happy that you've replied to me. I hope to get a lot of insight here!

Need a good plan! Doing so much research, I have seen so many recommendations on how to do things that it gets so very confusing.

I gifted you platinium so you could search the site you have done great work so far and I see you are using fitday already as well which is fantastic. Typically a good macro split is 40% protein 30% carbs 30% fat. As for the amount of calories you should be able to lose on 1270 to 1524.

What time of the day do you lift? When do you wake up? This will help in putting together a sample meal plan.

As for a training split I would recomend pyramiding and aiming to increase your weights every week.
Rep scheme is the same for every exercise the weight gets heavier with each set.
set 1 x 12
set 2 x 10
Set 3 x 8
Set 4 x 6
Here is a sample plan:
Day 1 Back and biceps
Barbell Bent-over Row
Assisted Chin-up (partner)
Cable Close Grip Pulldown
Dumbbell Hammer Curl
Dumbbell Concentration Curl

Day 2 Chest Shoulders and Triceps
Dumbbell Front Raise
Dumbbell Lateral Raise
Dumbbell Rear Lateral Raise
Barbell Bench Press
Cable Standing Fly
Dumbbell One Arm Triceps Extension
Cable Pushdown (with rope attachment)

Day 3 Legs
Barbell Full Squat
Dumbbell Walking Lunge
Barbell Straight Leg Deadlift
Lever Lying Leg Curl
Lever Seated Calf Raise
Lever Standing Calf Raise

I gifted you platinium so you could search the site you have done great work so far and I see you are using fitday already as well which is fantastic. Typically a good macro split is 40% protein 30% carbs 30% fat. As for the amount of calories you should be able to lose on 1270 to 1524.

Thank you!

What time of the day do you lift? When do you wake up? This will help in putting together a sample meal plan.

I normally go to the gym in the evening....can't leave the kids home alone in the morning, and then i go to work all day...come home, feed the family, etc...
I do need help with food and what to pack for work.

As for a training split I would recomend pyramiding and aiming to increase your weights every week.
Rep scheme is the same for every exercise the weight gets heavier with each set.
set 1 x 12
set 2 x 10
Set 3 x 8
Set 4 x 6

COOL! This is KIND of what I have been doing....except I do Set 1x12, Set 2x10, Set 3x8 and then I go to the lightest weight and do 12 again immediately after the Set 3....

Here is a sample plan:
Day 1 Back and biceps
Barbell Bent-over Row
Assisted Chin-up (partner)
Cable Close Grip Pulldown
Dumbbell Hammer Curl
Dumbbell Concentration Curl

Day 2 Chest Shoulders and Triceps
Dumbbell Front Raise
Dumbbell Lateral Raise
Dumbbell Rear Lateral Raise
Barbell Bench Press
Cable Standing Fly
Dumbbell One Arm Triceps Extension
Cable Pushdown (with rope attachment)

Day 3 Legs
Barbell Full Squat
Dumbbell Walking Lunge
Barbell Straight Leg Deadlift
Lever Lying Leg Curl
Lever Seated Calf Raise
Lever Standing Calf Raise

This information is exactly what I need! Have had NO idea what I should be doing or how I should be splitting things up. I am so grateful for your experienced!

Question..What about cardio? How many times a week...(by the way, running hurts the bones in my feet, the bones in my legs, and my knees) so I use the elliptical and a machine that is a combo of elliptical/stepper, as well as the mini trampoline...

Slow and steady, or fast paced, or HIIT?

Top Bottom