Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
QT has the training right on the spot.As far as cardio goes,I recommend slow & steady,then build up to a medium pace, after you get confortable with that, throw in some Short Hi intensity bursts until you start feeling fatiqued,then back down.Repeat several times.

RADAR

Question..What about cardio? How many times a week...(by the way, running hurts the bones in my feet, the bones in my legs, and my knees) so I use the elliptical and a machine that is a combo of elliptical/stepper, as well as the mini trampoline...

Slow and steady, or fast paced, or HIIT?

When I have carbs in my diet I prefer to do intervals HIIT type training 3-4 days a week for 30-40 minutes should do the job start off with 30 minutes, 3 days a week and then if you plataue from there add more time.

Ok. Thanks. I'm actually really discouraged because I'm up in weight (AND, this is the kicker...I seem to have more cellulite now than I did before).....I hadn't been doing as much cardio because I started to focus more on weight training, so I have been doing only 3X a week. I almost feel like giving up..but that wouldn't get me anywhere. I even hate to admit that I feel so discouraged right now.....

:(

Ok. Thanks. I'm actually really discouraged because I'm up in weight (AND, this is the kicker...I seem to have more cellulite now than I did before).....I hadn't been doing as much cardio because I started to focus more on weight training, so I have been doing only 3X a week. I almost feel like giving up..but that wouldn't get me anywhere. I even hate to admit that I feel so discouraged right now.....

Don't be discouraged. This is the time to figure out what you need to change. It would help if you incorporate cardio. Are your calories too high? What are your macros? Protein/carbs/fat.

My calories...definitely not too high. If anything I think they may be too low. 1200 or less....been trying to eat 5 or 6 times a day....feel like i'm stuffing my face...but still not getting in the calories...

Im not used to eating stuff like oats, yams, egg whites, chicken breast...I was only eating fruits and vegetables for a long time....so this is a change for me, and I feel bloaty. I want to gain muscle though...

My breakdown on fitday for yesterday is: well, too much fat...i had some cheese...18% carbs 42% protein, and 40% fat!

Need to know exactly what to eat.

First of all, welcome! Everyone here is great. You'll get all of the advice and encouragement you could ever hope for!

Don't be discouraged! You've come so far...and everyone has fluctuations. The worst thing you can do is give up - just power through it. You really can do this.

If all you were eating was fruits and vegetables before...you definitely weren't eating enough (or the right things). Thandie is definitely the expert on this - but all I can say is you need to be eating protein. Fruits, veggies, and complex carbs are essential as well, but without protein, you're not going to build the muscle you want. And I used to HATE eating any form of protein...now I love it.

You mentioned that you feel so full - like you're stuffing your face. Eating whole foods makes me feel fuller than eating processed foods or simple carbs. I also ate just fruits and veggies at one point in my life (not balanced at all). Once I incorporated other complex carbs (oats, whole grains) and protein, I felt full SO quickly. Because I was so scared of gaining weight, I stopped eating when I felt full, therefore not eating all the food I should have. So I was getting less calories than I should have (sounds like you think you might have this problem...) and not meeting my goals. It's good that you're so in touch with your body (not eating bread, cheese, or other things that make you feel bad)...you're definitely on the right track!

I wish you the best of luck!!! You're already doing GREAT! :D

First of all, welcome! Everyone here is great. You'll get all of the advice and encouragement you could ever hope for!

Don't be discouraged! You've come so far...and everyone has fluctuations. The worst thing you can do is give up - just power through it. You really can do this.

If all you were eating was fruits and vegetables before...you definitely weren't eating enough (or the right things). Thandie is definitely the expert on this - but all I can say is you need to be eating protein. Fruits, veggies, and complex carbs are essential as well, but without protein, you're not going to build the muscle you want. And I used to HATE eating any form of protein...now I love it.

You mentioned that you feel so full - like you're stuffing your face. Eating whole foods makes me feel fuller than eating processed foods or simple carbs. I also ate just fruits and veggies at one point in my life (not balanced at all). Once I incorporated other complex carbs (oats, whole grains) and protein, I felt full SO quickly. Because I was so scared of gaining weight, I stopped eating when I felt full, therefore not eating all the food I should have. So I was getting less calories than I should have (sounds like you think you might have this problem...) and not meeting my goals. It's good that you're so in touch with your body (not eating bread, cheese, or other things that make you feel bad)...you're definitely on the right track!

I wish you the best of luck!!! You're already doing GREAT! :D

I really appreciate this. I keep telling myself...keep going. I really really enjoy exercising, and especially lifting weights...makes me feel stronger and healthier. I KNOW that I can't expect overnight results, and I'm kind of addicted to the scale, which I know is just an obsession I'm going to have to get rid of. I have lost a lot of inches. For instance, my waist used to be 38 inches, and now it is 27.....and LOL, I am going to need to get a new bra, because this strapless one keeps falling to my waist....it's the cellulite that is bothering me today....i don't know why there is more now than when I began...but I guess I'll just suck it up.

My calories...definitely not too high. If anything I think they may be too low. 1200 or less....been trying to eat 5 or 6 times a day....feel like i'm stuffing my face...but still not getting in the calories...

Im not used to eating stuff like oats, yams, egg whites, chicken breast...I was only eating fruits and vegetables for a long time....so this is a change for me, and I feel bloaty. I want to gain muscle though...

My breakdown on fitday for yesterday is: well, too much fat...i had some cheese...18% carbs 42% protein, and 40% fat!

Need to know exactly what to eat.

This is what you can do..

Meal #1 3 scrambled egg whites and 1/3 cup oatmeal.
#2 Post workout Protein shake if you train in the mornings.
#3 Chicken or turkey or fish with brown rice and salad.
#4 Same as above, but have sweet potato or couscous or butternut squash, etc.
#5 Fish and green vegetables.

BTW, your fat was too high. Stay with 30-35g of fat.

I really appreciate this. I keep telling myself...keep going. I really really enjoy exercising, and especially lifting weights...makes me feel stronger and healthier. I KNOW that I can't expect overnight results, and I'm kind of addicted to the scale, which I know is just an obsession I'm going to have to get rid of. I have lost a lot of inches. For instance, my waist used to be 38 inches, and now it is 27.....and LOL, I am going to need to get a new bra, because this strapless one keeps falling to my waist....it's the cellulite that is bothering me today....i don't know why there is more now than when I began...but I guess I'll just suck it up.

Oh girl...trust me...I understand. I was actually anorexic at one point in my life...I had to take a semester off from college, move home, and go through treatment. It was devastatingly hard. I was weighing myself 20-25 times a day. I had scales break I was using them so much. I finally got so sick of being a slave to a number. I didn't know if I'd ever be able to live healthfully and enjoy working out without it becoming an EXTREMELY unhealthy obsession. So I know exactly how you feel. And...it can be done!

The best thing I can tell you is to get rid of your scale if you really can't help yourself. Weigh at the gym if you need to. The number is pretty pointless, really. If I remember correctly, Ironwings has pictures on her journal comparing her before and after...she weighs less in the before, but her body is way different and more lean/mucular in the after picture. It just goes to show how misleading that number can be. (it's on page six of Ironwing's journal).

If you ever need any advice or just want to talk about anything, feel free to PM me! :D

Oh girl...trust me...I understand. I was actually anorexic at one point in my life...I had to take a semester off from college, move home, and go through treatment. It was devastatingly hard. I was weighing myself 20-25 times a day. I had scales break I was using them so much. I finally got so sick of being a slave to a number. I didn't know if I'd ever be able to live healthfully and enjoy working out without it becoming an EXTREMELY unhealthy obsession. So I know exactly how you feel. And...it can be done!

The best thing I can tell you is to get rid of your scale if you really can't help yourself. Weigh at the gym if you need to. The number is pretty pointless, really. If I remember correctly, Ironwings has pictures on her journal comparing her before and after...she weighs less in the before, but her body is way different and more lean/mucular in the after picture. It just goes to show how misleading that number can be. (it's on page six of Ironwing's journal).

If you ever need any advice or just want to talk about anything, feel free to PM me! :D

When I was in high school, my parents took in a young lady in her 20's who was anorexic/bulemic....she weighed about 60lbs. It was really difficult to watch her obsessions, and she was really mean too...I think it was all a part of the disease...and I understood that. Eventually, she had to be placed in a program at the hospital. She is perfectly fine now, got her degree, and is now actually an RN!

I wish I could throw the scale out, but my husband is worse than I am with that thing. The other thing is, he is constantly asking me what I weigh now. He asks me in the morning and at NIGHT! grrrr!

I'm going to look up Ironwings journal...not sure how to find it but Im sure I can figure it out.

This is where the fat came from yesterday...and I'm never eating cheese again.

Chicken, canned, meat only
cupcubic inchcan (5 oz) yieldsgramskglboz230
Cheese
cupcubic inchslicegramskglboz198

This is the best place ever to come to for answers...Thank you!!

Top Bottom