Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New Here And Need Advice

XrussellX

Hello ladies, my name is Nicol, i'm new here and was wondering if I could get some advice. First let me say i'm 31 years old, at 115lbs and only 5ft. I'm not fat, just average I guess. I do go to the gym often, just for toning and stuff, but my main concern is my tummy. I had 3 kids via c-section, but was cut from the navel down. I just lost 70lbs, and I'm having a hard time getting rid of the little fatty poch on my tummy. Most of the fat is gone from other places, just not there. I have been doing ab crunches at night, but it's still there. I know I have muscle under the fat, I can feel it. Just need to get the poch out of the way. Can someone help me? I just hate how it just hangs there.

Nicol :rose:

Welcome Nicol :qt:

Abs = diet. Please list out what you are eating in detail.

Like so:

8 a.m
8 egg whites
1/3 c oatmeal

10 a.m.
3 oz chicken
1 cup green beans

etc....

Well, I don't eat MUCH anymore, I use to eat everything and lots of it. Now I usually don't eat breakfast and I don't eat any lunch till about 2pm. But when I do eat in the morning it's just a very small bowl of oatmeal, that's it. For lunch, I MAY have a bowl of soup, a sandwich, or pasta. I have no desire to eat as much anymore, I was told back in Feb of this year I have IBS, and I bloat real bad with just about everything I eat. I get alot of pressure in my tummy too, it's gets painful sometimes, and i've gotton to were I am scared to eat, just to avoid the pain. Then at diner I eat a normal meal, we eat alot of chicken and rice. So an example of a diner would be a chicken breast (skinless), plain white rice, and a veggie. I have never been the type of person to eat in the mornings. Other then that, I don't snack during the day.

Nicol

Nicol you are for sure not eating enough food = fuel for the body. If you are not fueling your body how do you expect it to run?

Please check the stickies at the top of the board for examples of diets. With your IBS you are going to have to see what bothers you and what does not by process of elimation basicaly. Start a journal and write down what you eat and how you feel after. Toss the stuff that makes you feel bad and keep the stuff that doesn't bother you. :)

Welcome to EF! :)

You may look at the possibility that your pooch is loose skin from a) 3 c-sections and b) 70 lb. weight loss. Especially if the weight came off very quickly.

As for diet and training I agree with what has already been mentioned. With a diagnosis of IBS, you will need to examine very closely how your body reacts to different foods, then plan your eating accordingly. You NEED TO EAT. Talk with your doctor if you have too much pain and/or bloating. There are medications available for treatment of IBS.

Good luck and welcome again! :)

Welcome -- what the girls said above. The thing w/ "getting in shape" -- its 80% diet. And "diet" doesn't mean not eating much, regardless of if its clean or not. If you aren't fueling your body for the activities you expect your body to be able to execute, your body will realize that its not getting enough nutrients to do what it needs and then your metabolism slows down to preserve the energy soources you have stored (i.e. bodyfat) ---> that's how you get skinny fat. Also w/o enough fuel to do what you want to do, your body will start to catabolize muscle as well --> further skinny fat. "Skinny fat" = not only some bodyfat but also not enough muscle.

Definitely get a good diet laid out to accommodate your IBS -- the doc & I'm sure there are other resources online to help identify the stuff you can eat, along w/ medications or whatever else. Basically if you don't get that dealt w/ so you have a good, balanced and sufficient diet, your training won't really get you what you want.

Thanks so much, I have been taking something for the IBS, it does help, but I don't understand why I just don't feel like eating. I DON'T want to be skinny, just nice and toned.

Nicol

Top Bottom