Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New to board, advice needed :)

amaaly

Hi! Im trying to lose about 5 pounds (i know this doesnt sound like a lot but im small so its harder for me to lose weight!) and more importantly i want to lower my body fat % which has gone up from 18% to 25% in less than 2 months! ive been training but ive been eating a lot of crap!
I try to train 3-5 times a week, i do cardio maybe 3-5 times, either 20mins HIIT or 30-60mins of longer cardio, and i do resistance training about 3 times, lots of squats, lunges, tricep/bicep exercises and some abs, and i sometimes use the powerplate. My biggest problem is my stomach! it just wont go away! i've been told that i need 2 change my diet and do more cardio but i want more opinions on this!
Can anyone give me advice on what workouts would be best and any meal plans at all cuz im pretty clueless! Thanks!

Hope

Diet is absolutely key to lose that stubborn fat. Cardio and weight training are of course important as well but we pretty much get that. It is the diet that most struggle with and get frustrated that they don't see fat loss. Get that diet in check and that 5 pounds will come off like nothing.

Post your stats and eating habits and I'm sure we can help tweak them. Thandie will be a great resource too - she is helping some of the other ladies on the board. Don't be shy about posting what you eat. We all eat a little crap every now and then and we can't help unless we know the absolute truth. There are some basics that you will learn here that wil help tremendously - we will need to know your weight and height.

You are in the right place! Welcome.

Thanks for replying guys!
I weigh 54Kg/ 119lbs and my height is about 160cm/ 5'2".
I dont eat breakfast (yes its bad i know!) but i dont wake up before noon usually since most of my lectures are in the afternoon. I eat alot of salad and vegetables, my protein comes from fish most of the time -tuna steaks or salmon, and sometimes chicken. I think my problem is with carbs and desserts! I've been told by my doctor that i have low yeast enzymes which means i cant have a lot of food that wheat or yeast in them, so basically im supposed 2 eat gluten free things, but i dont!lol! and the pain kills me afterwards! I like having bread, usually wholemeal and with seeds, cereal at times, cheesecakes and biscuits! i guess thats where im going completely wrong!
Most of my eating happens late in the day, from about 3pm to late at night, again another bad habit. I usually go to the gym right after my lectures which is after 5pm most of the time.
If someone can just give me an idea of what my ideal daily menu should be i would be grateful!

I remember those days well - that was my schedule while I was in college!

I'd like Thandie to come on board and share her typical diet plan - it is perfect for those ready to get serious. First thing is first though - get more sleep! Your body repairs itself while at sleep and if you aren't getting enough - guess what happens? Not to mention the benefits of good sleep for your overall health. I have been stubborn about this issue for way too long. Not until I really paid attention to my body and started getting more sleep did I realize how it would feel. There is a reason pro bodybuilders and athletes eat, sleep, train.

Lastly, are you taking any supplements?

In the mean time - browse through some of the newer logs on the women's board like Mrs. Blackboxer and mommalu - Thandie and others have valuable information for gals just like you regarding diet.

Thanks ironwings! im just taking multivitaminsas supplements, im not sure what else to take. is there anything else i should post if it would help?

Wow, I just read you go to bed bet 3-5 am?
I'm just about getting up at 4:30am..
Anyway, it really doesn't matter what your schedule is; you still should have the same amount of meals/macros. Hopefully you get plenty of rest.

Because your diet is so erratic is best you try to adjust to a new eating or it won't last you long.
If you can't have gluten, I suggest to avoid it or you'll get more pain and more bloat. I too had to give it ufter years od being in denial.

You don't get up for breakfast, but you still can have it.

Meal #1 1/2 Oatmeal (will give you energy) and 3 egg whites, 1 yolk.
#2 Salad (since you love salads) with breast of chichen or turkey or fish. Use balsamic vinager or light dressing.
#3 Chicken/turkey/fish with 1/2 cup of brown rice and vegetables.
#4 protein drink
#5 Fish with vegetables.

Avoid any process food or refined sugars.

Drink lots of water.
Always remember, if it comes from the ground is ok to eat.

With this you will burn fat and will not lose a lrge amount of weight, which is what you need.
If you have any questions, please ask..

Oh, if you fail a day or two, is no big deal, just go back and start again. That said, try to do your best to stick with it in order to see progress sooner.

Keep us posted!

Top Bottom