Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Negative & Toxic People

Daisy_Girl said:
Something I read one time, this has helped me "deal" with cranky, bitchy people ....
Thinking these things has really helped me deal with the annoying coworkers, the crazy drivers and the otherwise toxic people.
Yes DG I have gotten that in an email before ... thank you for posting that.:)

Like the #8 said "These are obviously not cases of sabotage. So, you have to be careful when labeling someone a Saboteur. You might be the one in the wrong."

I wish it were that easy in all situations.

I hope this thread helps a few people better his/her quality of life :rose:

Daisy_Girl said:
Something I read one time, this has helped me "deal" with cranky, bitchy people ....

(paraphrased)

.... You never know what is going on in someone's life.
You don't know if the woman who cut you off in traffic is a single mom rushing home to be with her kids.
You don't know if the man who screamed at you for taking his parking spot just found out he has 6 months to live.
You don't know if the woman who makes snide comments about your pregnancy is infertile and frustrated.
You don't know if the rude teenager working behind the counter is in the middle of a custody battle, is being abused, or is suicidal.
You don't know if the bitchy, nasty coworker just found out her husband is cheating on her. With her best friend.

Sometimes, the only way to deal with the "negative, obnoxious people" is just to smile and try to make the best of YOUR life. Don't judge people, their comments, or their intentions.

Thinking these things has really helped me deal with the annoying coworkers, the crazy drivers and the otherwise toxic people.

Oooh yeah, I've seen this before too - you just never know what's going on with others, so it's good to keep that in mind....

Daisy_Girl said:

(paraphrased)

You don't know if the woman who cut you off in traffic is a single mom rushing home to be with her kids.
You don't know if the man who screamed at you for taking his parking spot just found out he has 6 months to live.
You don't know if the woman who makes snide comments about your pregnancy is infertile and frustrated.
You don't know if the rude teenager working behind the counter is in the middle of a custody battle, is being abused, or is suicidal.
You don't know if the bitchy, nasty coworker just found out her husband is cheating on her. With her best friend.

Sometimes, the only way to deal with the "negative, obnoxious people" is just to smile and try to make the best of YOUR life. Don't judge people, their comments, or their intentions.

Very valid points indeed. It goes to show that its probably only fair to not judge people immediatley and within only one context, but its valid to at least note red flags and run the litmus test - do these people contribute in a positive or constructive manner to your life. Are they of consequence that you should tolerate them, help them or just get them the hell out of your life?

Sassy69 said:
Very valid points indeed. It goes to show that its probably only fair to not judge people immediatley and within only one context, but its valid to at least note red flags and run the litmus test - do these people contribute in a positive or constructive manner to your life. Are they of consequence that you should tolerate them, help them or just get them the hell out of your life?

True, true true. I have tried to stop judging people based off one context ... but if they are CONSTANTLY negative, oftentimes it IS due to their life or their feelings about themselves (insecurities, unhappiness, etc.). If this is the case, you DO have to make the decision on whether you can put up with their negativity or say SEE YA.

Usually, it is better for YOUR sanity to say goodbye.

Daisy_Girl said:

(paraphrased)

Excellent post as well Daisy :D I hadn't ever seen that one!

Perfectly timed thread.

I'll be printing this and posting it at work so that I can remind myself everyday that I don't wish to be negative nor do I wish to be toxic to myself or anyone else. Regardless of what's going on in my life.

I think I posted something about this before... Hmmm maybe in my log. We discussed this when I was in massage school because as a therapist you are real susceptible to picking energy up off of people positive/negative. And we were always told to be aware of the energy vampires!

treilin said:
And we were always told to be aware of the energy vampires!

*flashback*

When I was growing up my mother had a friend that was a pyschic (she worked around the world locating missing children), she and my mother met up with another one of my mother's friends and the psychic lady excused herself and left abruptly.

Later she called and told her to never bring "that woman" near her again - she was rather stern about it - and later she told her about "energy vampires"

I believe in this totally - I've come across people that just figuratively bled me dry - the recovery time mentally and emotionally is so long that you can not be with these people daily. I've gotten better at picking them out but I still more often than not have to learn the hard way.

I have someone I am working for right now that does this to me and while it's not a job a should walk away from am I am seriously considering it. I saw him today for just shy on two hours and he might as well have physically beaten me because that's how I feel when I finally can get away from him.

Anywhooooooooooo

Great thread.

I have another article that relates to business that is similiar conceptually - I'll scan it and post it.

Top Bottom