Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need Tips

necia

for doing pushups. I swear my arms are so weak, I can barely complete one push up, male/female. Does anyone have any tips? Should I focus on making my elbows bend up and down or what? For the record, I've never been any good at push ups from way back in high school.

Thanks
Necia

start with your knees on the ground, when you get stronger start doing regular pushups.

Should I turn my palms in or place straight ahead? I swear neither is working right now.

Necia

Girl, I cannot even tell you how many non-girly pushups I can do, but it wasn't until a littlle while ago, even ONE, FULL push up was even possible for me...

I lied... it was the day M24k Did her pull/Chin Ups...all I remember b/c she posted a thread about it...

One day, you will be able to just do 'em... no worries... :bigkissL

You can also start with doign push-ups against the wall or on an angle - like on the smith bar. And also on your knees and work your way up. I think stuff like "the plank" move in yoga is helpful? (i think...)

Other thing that will help is strengthening the chest, back and core. A lot of the pushup are those muscles.

I would do as many as possible on your toes, then drop down to your knees and finish out the set. Repeat several times. Even if you can only do part of one, do that. Slowly, you will be able to do more and more.

Pushups are like pullups - only way to truely get better is practicing the specific movement.

Hey I did 5 this morning. I'm gonna try to do a few each day until I get stronger. It really bugs me when I can't do the basic exercises. Pull ups are a whole different story. I remember being in the 1st grade (yep 1st grade) and the gym teacher always picking me up to assist me, and I still fell right down. Been like that ever since, only now no one dares tries to pick me up.

Thanks Ladies.

Necia

necia said:
Hey I did 5 this morning. I'm gonna try to do a few each day until I get stronger. It really bugs me when I can't do the basic exercises. Pull ups are a whole different story. I remember being in the 1st grade (yep 1st grade) and the gym teacher always picking me up to assist me, and I still fell right down. Been like that ever since, only now no one dares tries to pick me up.

Thanks Ladies.

Necia
Well 5 is a start and a good one necia...As far as pull ups go, I'd spot you if you'd spot me...

Keep up the good work girl, that # will be 15 before you know it :rose:

hey girl 5 is better than none, you have to start somewhere. :)

Just keep doing a few everyday and in no time you'll be doing 3 sets of 30 ;)

Top Bottom