Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need some help

dhawkins

Ok, so here is the deal. My girlfriend of 2 years is upset with how she looks. She says she is gaining weight and her legs, ass, stomach are all getting bigger. Maybe they are maybe they arnt, I personally see maybe a little bit of growth. I have advised her to eat less carbs and fat and up the lean protein yet she still seems to not lose any weight. She does cardio practically every single day. I really hate telling her ways to lose weight when I think she looks fine and Im worried about the disorders that can evolve from losing weight with todays image of "beauty". Good advice would be greatly appreciated.

She is 5'5, wont tell me her weight but I would guess anywhere from 125-135. She does the eliptacle for roughly 30-45min a day (bad knees). Has access to anything and everything.

there are people on here WAAAAAy more knowledgeable than me

.... but i dropped sizes when i started lifitng heavy weights... her weight may not go down as much but her body fat will.

Once i started eating 5 times a day i felt less hungry, less urge to binge...

i still have a long way to go, but i feel much leaner than my days of 6 x cardio a week.

^^ that is my problem right there Daisy....crappy diet not enough cals and to much cardio...

she eats fairly healthy. But she gets it in her head that if she lifts shes just gonna gain muscle and get bigger. Its like a lose lose argument anyway I go with it Im wrong.

Get her on the women's board or show her the stickies, specifically the Are you new to EF Women's Board - need to look at her current diet - usually very easy to identify where the problems are, clarify a few changes, etc. For her own info, if she's new to lifting, I love to recommend the BODY FOR LIFE book by Bill Philips - you don't have to use all the specific EAS products he pushes, but the food guidelines are very flexible and not restrictive, the intro to training is very good & the cardio approach is very good (HIIT vs craploads of cardio).

Otherwise - The Shadow Project (see the sticky list) is very good - lots of girls w/ lots of success on it.

dhawkins said:
Think she should cut down on the cardio? and why?

Cardio without weight training is catabolic. She is losing muscle everyday, therefore making her metabolism lower, making fat gain easier and fat loss harder. Cardio alone will get her NO CLOSER to her goals.

Weights? She can lift like a man would. Heavy weights do not make bulging, icky man muscles (lol). Testosterone does. Women CANNOT GROW LIKE MEN without the introduction of additional male hormones (steroids). If she lays off the steroids, her muscles will not grow bulging and huge. lol

Why lift heavy?
How Women Should Train
Why Weight Train
Women and Weights

dhawkins said:
she eats fairly healthy.

fairly healthy = low fat products, lots of simple carbs, and little protein

I bet you $50 she lives off of salad. And by salad, I mean a bunch o' lettuce only. :(

GET HER ASS HERE TO READ THE STICKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Top Bottom