Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

need a legs/lower back regime that involves machine

shirlene29

I am BATMAN!
Platinum
EF VIP
help me out guys...I'm not doing any free weights at the moment because of how unstable my pelvis is...

I'm waitting onn a sacro/illialic belt my ortho suggested to come in (should only be a cpl of days)

but even after...my joints are just too loose to trust myself with anything involving a stability ball, a bosu ball or free weights

so far for machines I've checked out leg presses...which I love anyway and extensions...
what else is there...this is new territory for me...aside from the presses

leg spreader? is this what this thing is called?

my issue is, im approaching 5 mths pregnant and haven't done anything for exercise in about 4 months now...I have spd (google it) with a left side s/i joint prob

I think making my legs and lower back as strong as possible couple with living pilates like its my job for pelvic floor and hitting the pool after every workout to combat any exercise edema is the best course of action.....give me ideas so I'm not bored

hawlp

I did a little internet hunting, and saw this article, which looked interesting:

Weight Training while Pregnant

pilates/yoga/dance would all be fun too

I like the workout at the bottom...

walking is out tho...the spd flares up bad with it..
and a little bit of the info in that article has been debunked..not much tho, but things like heartrate restrictions..and a goal of maintaining rather than improving

thanks trex...I like some of the workout

I like the workout at the bottom...

walking is out tho...the spd flares up bad with it..
and a little bit of the info in that article has been debunked..not much tho, but things like heartrate restrictions..and a goal of maintaining rather than improving

thanks trex...I like some of the workout
ya I wasn't really sure about that stuff, but i'm glad some of it looks good.
someone should design machines that adjust to accomodate a pregnant body. Like a leg curl machine that has a rounded place for your stomach to hang. Ok do I just sound ignant now? sorry if that is the case- LOL.

lol...nah...what was funny is lookin over the machines I was really kind of intimidated because of things like...ok, it looks comfortable once Im in there, but how do i sneak the little belly past THAT to get in..its not even a big belly yet! just a lil in the way..
I'm even finding the rower surprisingly problematic suddenly which breaks my heart.
I wish I could do actual squats too but theres no way :(

its funny tho if you look around no one really knows what is ok with weights and what isn't....I ran a few things by my dr already and they gave me some new updated info which was handy but its not like most personal trainers have a clue..or they recite the same outdated stuff
then theres the constant peeing! lolol...theres no way I could make it through an actual cardio class

its frustrating

Leg extensions will screw your knees.
This dam machine should be taken out of every gym and destroyed. They have destroyed more knees then any other excersize known!
Do yourself a big favor and forget these.
Do any kind of squat and you will get much more benefit and be healthy!

I have a royally fucked up lower back. If I can do it, you should be able to. That being said, baby or no, you can't get around strengthening the front core if you're going to strengthen the lower back.

So, first, hanging knee lifts.

Second, Cable Seated Crunch (BTW, you can go left/center/right/center/left/center/right hitting obliques as well as abs).

Third, seated cable rows.

Fourth, POSSIBLY (and it's not a machine, I know you said machine but I have limited experience with machines) straight leg dead lifts with precision form, very, very light and I'd give yourself time to work up on them.

Nothing where you're hyperextending, your joints are already too loose. You don't want to go beyond a natural ROM. Using your abs is NOT going to hurt or dislodge the baby and activating the glutes/hams is something you're already doing.

I actually have been keeping up with core and just modified a lot of shit ona ball instead of flat on my back....

and yeah...I kind of agree with the extensions and knees thing

I'm really just tryin to figure out what to replace for things that my center of gravity is complete pooched and not allow myself the chance to hyperextend...

squats are so out its not funny zed, my pelvis is literally separated in at least two spots and squats actually spread the symphysis pubis right now...which hurts like being kicked in the crotch by a horse
...I figured replacing squats with seated leg press would have to do for now

anyone have any experience with hip abductor machines?

I actually have been keeping up with core and just modified a lot of shit ona ball instead of flat on my back....

and yeah...I kind of agree with the extensions and knees thing

I'm really just tryin to figure out what to replace for things that my center of gravity is complete pooched and not allow myself the chance to hyperextend...

squats are so out its not funny zed, my pelvis is literally separated in at least two spots and squats actually spread the symphysis pubis right now...which hurts like being kicked in the crotch by a horse
...I figured replacing squats with seated leg press would have to do for now

anyone have any experience with hip abductor machines?

You mean these? http://www.exrx.net/AnimatedEx/HipAbductor/CBHipAbduction.gif
I found this:
Hip abductor machines are great. Building strength in your hips will help you overcome postural changes during your pregnancy. Be sure to keep your lower abdominals tight to avoid hyper extending your back, and be cautious if you have sciatic symptoms, such as pain, numbness or tingling in your buttocks and down the back of your legs. (You should see your doctor if you have these symptoms.)

I also found this for when the belly gets too big you can do it at home
http://www.livestrong.com/pregnancy-fitness/

Top Bottom