Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need to hire PT for extreme workouts

tigerstrength

Hi Everyone!
My name is Nickole. I was a member to this forum about 2-3 years ago but haven't been active since.
But I'm back now and looking to see what's going on in here!

Here's my dilemma...
For the past 3 years I've been wrestling and powerlifting. But I moved after getting married and stopped working out so much.
In one year, my husband and I are going to have invitro fertilization done with triplets.

I NEED TO DROP 80 POUNDS BY THIS TIME NEXT YEAR SO I CAN CARRY 3 BABIES!!!

But I can't do it alone. I'm looking to work out for 2 hours, 5-6 days a week but I need a trainer. I know what I'm doing in the gym but I need someone there to coach me and push me. If I go by myself I leave after 15 minutes because I get bored. I NEED A TRAINER!

If anyone can refer me to someone in the COLUMBUS, OHIO area I would greatly appreciate it!!
Thank you so much everyone!!

-Nickole

tigerstrength said:
Hi Everyone!
My name is Nickole. I was a member to this forum about 2-3 years ago but haven't been active since.
But I'm back now and looking to see what's going on in here!

Here's my dilemma...
For the past 3 years I've been wrestling and powerlifting. But I moved after getting married and stopped working out so much.
In one year, my husband and I are going to have invitro fertilization done with triplets.

I NEED TO DROP 80 POUNDS BY THIS TIME NEXT YEAR SO I CAN CARRY 3 BABIES!!!

But I can't do it alone. I'm looking to work out for 2 hours, 5-6 days a week but I need a trainer. I know what I'm doing in the gym but I need someone there to coach me and push me. If I go by myself I leave after 15 minutes because I get bored. I NEED A TRAINER!

If anyone can refer me to someone in the COLUMBUS, OHIO area I would greatly appreciate it!!
Thank you so much everyone!!

-Nickole

You're kidding me right? Columbus, OH? Home of the Arnold Classic?

It doesn't sound like the training is the issue, but rather a change in diet - I have no idea what your body shape is now but I'm guessign w/ a powerlifting background you are solid. 80 lbs... holy crap. But first look at what specifically you need to "lose" - what is your current weight & bodyfat %? What type of body do you have? Thick solid or lean big?

If I assume you are built & conditioned for powerlifting, you have a couple things to modify - your diet, your style of training and your 'mental approach' to it all. I'm assumign so I may be wrong but I'm pointing primarily to changing how you do things now. To compare - here's me - lifting bodybuilding style for nearly 25 yrs, competitive bodybuilder for 6 yrs, mentally I think "Figure" is boring (no offense to the figure ladies - I've just been in bodybuilding so long that I am focused on BIG BIG BIG) and I prefer to lift "like a guy". I have bulking cycles and cutting cycles. I like big weights. Then this summer I turn 41. I'm lifting the heaviest I've lifted in my life trainign for a national BB show. BANG. My joints & tendons become the problem. 1 month later I can't lift a 5 lb DB or do a bar only press w/o hurting my shoulder or having my tendonitis prevent me from lifting w/o pain. BIG CHANGE. Needed to change my whole view of training. How do you go into the gym and not try to lift as much as you can for tight sets? Now I have to go for high reps, lower weights, more cardio, etc etc etc. My diet is lighter in protein, i need to cut my cals down in general and I keep wanting to practice my posing routines when I hear a new song on the radio. Basically I can't compete in BB anymore because my joints won't allow me to lift like I need to compete at the level I want. I get bored in the gym & hate cardio. Very hard.

So my guess is your diet is going to be where you make the changes to cut, but also your approach to trainiing and conditioning of your body to allow you to lose that much weight / mass. And then a focus on your goals that enables you to train outside of the way you've done it in the past. Its very hard to switch how you view / measure your progress.

You might check out Mike Davies Fitness Factory - home of most of your national level figure /fitness competitors.

Another option is the Beverly International people. They focus a lot on diet but can coach you on the whole program.

Hi Sassy thanks for getting back with me. Currently I am 5'9 250. I've let myself go quite a bit within the last year and I'm assuming my bf is in the low to mid 30's actually. I know! It's terrible. I'm really very strong and I can still lift as much as before...I wish I knew how to attach photos so I could show you what my body shape is. I know I need to eat better but I really have no willpower at the gym unless I have someone pushing me

OK so I you are basically where I guessed - your body has been built & conditioned for powerlifting / wrestling + some time off. The diet is still going to be 80% of your efforts. That's why I focused on that. "I know I need to eat better" is basically saying that your body reflects your current lifestyle and you need your body to be at a certain place in a year - therefore your diet is going to be the kicker. If you are already very strong, then you are primarily talking about dropping mass. Not to divert from your original question, but if your diet isn't focused on getting you where you want to be, you won't get there regardless of what you do in the gym.

As far as training - as I said, a huge part of the satisfaction gained in the gym is from lifting heavier weights, more intense workouts, size of muscles, etc - these are how we usually measure "progress", feel "good" after a workout and are passionate about going into the gym to see what we can accomplish today. At least that's what drives me. As a result of my joint pain, I'm now lifting about 1/4-1/2 of what I used to lift. That freekin' kills me and its just no fun going in the gym anymore after 25 yrs of going after being driven by those sorts of achievements. I basically now need to do more high reps, more cardio. Yuk.YUK.FUKYUK.

Anyway I suggested two places in the Columbus area where there are people who help top level competitors all the time and could at the very least point you to someone. They also are going to tell you diet is key. The training, I assume they can give you a regimen as well.

Top Bottom