Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help with weight loss

wildcherry69

ok here it goes i am 37 female. I am 5ft3 in weight 150 i don't know if this matters but i am not small boned. I have lost 65lbs and need to do between 25-30 pounds more. I have been loosing since July 2006. I am stuck I have not gained any but i have only lost 1lb in 3 weeks i don't know what i am doing wrong. Here is a list of what i do 3x a week i jog 3 miles, when its warm i ride my mountain bike 2x week 3miles. I go to the gym 4x a week weight traing not light weights pretty heavy weights. I work out upper body 2x a week and lower body 2x a week. 5x a week i do the elliptical machine for about 45 minutes. Here is what usually eat
breakfast-yogart and bannana
snack protein bar or beef jerky
lunch tuna packet and a veg and a fruit
snack fruit or cheese
dinner some type of meat, vegs
and i try not eat after dinner if i do it a fruit or something small.
I stay at about 1200 calories.
I drink lots of water, gaterade and i rarely have soda.
I lost the 65lbs just by diet and excerise and regualr vitamins i am at wits end of loosing this last part of weight that i am getting to the point that i am desperate. So any help would be great thank you

The biggest problem is the low calories. At 1200 calories, your metabolism has basically shut down. When cutting fat, it is bet to stay at 10xBW for calorie consumption. This means you should be eating around 300 calories MORE a day.

Below 10xBW often works when you are VERY overweight, but once you get closer to a "healthy weight" it catches up to you. Your body will outsmart any "starvation" methods of dieting. When you are so low in calories, your metabolism slows, which slows your fat loss. If you do not increase calories to get the metabolism moving again, the body will start to cannabolize itself - eating away at muscle mass to feed its needs. Lower muscle mass also lowers metabolism, since muscle is much mroe metabolically active than fat.

Also - not eating after dinner can also add into this. The food CHOICE makes much more of a difference late at night than the timing. It is smart to eat before bedtime - gives the body energy to rebuild itself. But the food choice matters here - a proteion and small amount of fat would be best.

I highly recommend two things ....

1) Check out the links in the stickies, there are many sample diets and workout routines. Your diet looks pretty poor - decent choices, but can CERTAINLY be improved. Also, you say you "lift heavy" - but what are the exercise choices?

2) Plug your food into www.fitday.com . This will tell you your caloric intake and give you the macro breakdown. Very important when trying to lose fat.

We need more details on the food and workout routine. I mean, REAL SPECIFIC. Diet should be listed like this:
1/2c Oatmeal made with water
5 egg whites, 1 whole egg
16 almonds
etc, etc

Workout routine should have exercise choice, weight lifted, reps, sets, even duration of workout.

I agree with daisy girl. Your calories are too low. Also, switch things up when exercising. If you keep things the same, your body adjusts. I change every 6 weeks. Keeps my body always guessing.

ok i see what you mean:
Ok today i did elliptical for 30 minutes and burned 260 calories, then i did my upper body i do 3 set of reps on each machine 12, 10, 8 i lift on the lap pull 170 is my highest my husband is their to make sure i don't drop or hurt myself. but i start at 150 and 12 reps then 160 and do 10 and 170 i did not do 8 i could only do 5. Then i move on to other machines and do biceps, triceps, abs but always 3 sets on each machine. Now tomorrow i will do legs and lower body.
My husband states that i do not even get 1200 calories he said that he added everything i ate it was only 850 calories so he is going to help me boost that up and the protein and the fiber.

So for upper body you only did the Lat Pulldown (back) and Biceps and Triceps? Then some Abs?

What about Chest? Shoulders?

And you only did one machine for Back?

What were the exercises for Biceps and Triceps? Weights?

Top Bottom