Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help to set up program for 46 yr old woman

CMarc said:
Last few years she's been on variations of Atkins diet (southbeach now and has lost about 5lbs. in 10 days) but can slip up and she has a serious sweet tooth. Her overall health is good. In terms of training, she's more into outdoor activities like walking and hiking. Only current "injuries" are bad knees which is most likely a result of carrying a lot of excess weight.
I'll have to get accurate stats. She's approximately 5'8" about 190 lbs.
Thank you for the clarification.. 5'1 with 50 lbs to lose is different than 5'8 with 50 to lose... Even at 140 unless she has a taller long, base, that may even be too small but that depends on her underlying structure... (i.e. 5'10 models or 5'10 volleyball players are quite differerent at the same hiehgt)

Those diets you mention, that limit carbs, will of course cause immediate drops in scale weight, because its primarily water, NOT fat... and again, if she is not treating herself or indulging once a week to curb a craving = BINGES ... No fun then you feel like you failed all over again.
IMO She needs a lifestyle change with the way of eating, not a diet.. diets fail 90% of the time. Also she needs to enjoy it, there are healthy recipes all over the recipe thread and the ladies have some tricks for sweet tooth situations that do not involve Krispy Kreme or a box of chocolate :)

fitday.com is a great tool to use to get started to see what you are exactly eating and be honest about it.

Best wishes for her success...

blueta2 said:
She is shorter than me and I am 5'7, So I would say she is 5'6 and is prob about 230 lbs.
Men trying to guess a woman's weight.....:)
haha ok scratch my comments about height & weight for her then

:) the rest stands, diet is so key here.. Im assuming that is understood and necessary for her success

*Bunny* said:
Thank you for the clarification.. 5'1 with 50 lbs to lose is different than 5'8 with 50 to lose... Even at 140 unless she has a taller long, base, that may even be too small but that depends on her underlying structure... (i.e. 5'10 models or 5'10 volleyball players are quite differerent at the same hiehgt)

Those diets you mention, that limit carbs, will of course cause immediate drops in scale weight, because its primarily water, NOT fat... and again, if she is not treating herself or indulging once a week to curb a craving = BINGES ... No fun then you feel like you failed all over again.
IMO She needs a lifestyle change with the way of eating, not a diet.. diets fail 90% of the time. Also she needs to enjoy it, there are healthy recipes all over the recipe thread and the ladies have some tricks for sweet tooth situations that do not involve Krispy Kreme or a box of chocolate :)

fitday.com is a great tool to use to get started to see what you are exactly eating and be honest about it.

Best wishes for her success...

totally agree with the lifestyle change comment.

blueta2 said:
totally agree with the lifestyle change comment.
And it really comes down to what haven't you tried? You diet:you cheat, you low carb:you cheat, you starve:you binge .. all while staying active and working out yet same results... THERE ARENT ANY ... any permanent ones that is...

.... something is not working with the food aspects of it and the only way to get past it, is to move on and not look back to the old methods that failed you, continually ...

The adjustment will SAVE her life and improve her health... I truly hope she will make the change ;)

CMarc - Happy to help

blueta2 said:
As you know, I would think she would need to go high with cardio and not so heavy with weights right now b/c she is a very large woman.
She should do about 45 mins of cardio 3 times a week along with 2-3 days of light weights to start.

i agree completely.
also, remind her about the importance of water. to flush out her system, but also as a weightloss aide.

along with the cardio, suggest that she write everything down that she eats. If she really is knowledgable about what is appropriate, then writing it down will help her keep track of how much she's truley eating.

Top Bottom