Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help to set up program for 46 yr old woman

BBR100

My dad's gf has decided to start training. She's overweight and needs to lose about 50 lbs. I need tips to help keep her motivated and suggestions to help set up a program for her. Thanks!

Number one best resource for people starting out is Body for Life by Bill Phillips (NOT Body for Life for Women, a cheap knock-off). She'll need all the information in it, from goal setting to the mind games your own mind plays to the nutrition to the lifting info.

wlmcrae said:
Number one best resource for people starting out is Body for Life by Bill Phillips (NOT Body for Life for Women, a cheap knock-off). She'll need all the information in it, from goal setting to the mind games your own mind plays to the nutrition to the lifting info.

I'll make sure she gets a copy. She's relatively well informed about nutrition and supplements. she could use help on what to eat, how much and when combined with a good exercise program for her.
Appreciate your input wlmcrae!

As you know, I would think she would need to go high with cardio and not so heavy with weights right now b/c she is a very large woman.
She should do about 45 mins of cardio 3 times a week along with 2-3 days of light weights to start.

what is her previous experience with diet?, training?, sports?, any injuries?

what are her current stats?

I should add that she's a massage therapist. She finds she lacks strength in her arms and shoulders at work.
I strongly believe in full body workouts and compound exercises. I have her doing squats with ball between her back and wall. For bench, military presses and rows she feels more comfortable using the machines for now which I think is fine until she builds strength and feels more at ease w/dumbells followed by some cardio.
I just want to make sure workouts are challenging enough while at same time keeping her motivated to keep going consistently.

You can also get BFL for women....which goes into female issues and weight loss and it is pretty good

*Bunny* said:
what is her previous experience with diet?, training?, sports?, any injuries?

what are her current stats?

Last few years she's been on variations of Atkins diet (southbeach now and has lost about 5lbs. in 10 days) but can slip up and she has a serious sweet tooth. Her overall health is good. In terms of training, she's more into outdoor activities like walking and hiking. Only current "injuries" are bad knees which is most likely a result of carrying a lot of excess weight.
I'll have to get accurate stats. She's approximately 5'8" about 190 lbs.

CMarc said:
Last few years she's been on variations of Atkins diet (southbeach now and has lost about 5lbs. in 10 days) but can slip up and she has a serious sweet tooth. Her overall health is good. In terms of training, she's more into outdoor activities like walking and hiking. Only current "injuries" are bad knees which is most likely a result of carrying a lot of excess weight.
I'll have to get accurate stats. She's approximately 5'8" about 190 lbs.

She is shorter than me and I am 5'7, So I would say she is 5'6 and is prob about 230 lbs.
Men trying to guess a woman's weight.....:)

Top Bottom