Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help with female friends workout routine!

season7445

Hey how are you ladies doing? Ok so here is the deal. My female friend ( actually my ex that i am still in love with :) ) asked me to help here out with her workout routine. She is lookign to tone up, nothing to crazy because she is already in good shape. She eats healthy, does cardio 3-4 times a wekk and also lifts light weights. Now what is a good workotu routine for a women just lookign to tone up. Any suggestions wold be great.

season7445

Ok, well basically she goes to the gym at her apartment complex every other day. She does a full body circuit. 2 sets of 12 reps for each body part. She is limited to what excercises she can do because they only have a universal gym, light dumbbells, and flat bench, and an inner and outer thigh machine. Let me know what other info you need!

season7445 ;)

If you are stuck with really light weights it kinda stinks, but if they go up to like 15 lbs you can do more of the shoulder stuff like lateral & front raises, also bent over flyes and stuff like that. A cheap addition to your gym equipment is a fit ball & even a pilates tape. Also maybe look at changing up the routine from a full body circuit to some upper body / lower body splits, etc.

Yea it kinda sucks that her gym is so limited. I agree with Sassy that she should drop the circuit training and go with body part splits. Maybe something like this.

Weight Training – 3x/week.
- Legs
- Back, Biceps & Core Work
- Chest, Shoulders & Triceps

Choose 3 exercises per body part, for 4 sets of 12.

For legs maybe she could include walking lunges, squats (even though she may not have a squat rack, she can take the bar from the bench press and squat with that with a spotter), Step up on aerobics bench with dumbbells (if she has no aerobics bench, she can use any other bench in the gym), straight leg dead lifts (again with the bar from the bench press), hamstring curls w/ stability ball (if there is 1).

For back and bicep, I think it's going to be hard for her to do without a few machines. But I think you said there's a universal gym, she could do some back work with that. Some other exercises could be chin ups or pull-ups (if there's a bar for that there), single arm dumbbell row, shrugs. For biceps hammer curls with dumbbells ,straight bar curls (or with dumbells), concentrated curls.

For chest maybe, bench press, isolateral dumbbell chest press (on stability ball if available), dumbbell fly,dumbbell decline bench press.

For triceps, tricep extensions, close grip bench press, bench dips, dumbbell kickbacks.

And for shoulders, shoulder press, side lateral raises, dumbbell front raises.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom