Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help cutting body fat and maintaining muscle!

LMMJR

Hi, I'm using my boyfriend's profile to post this thread. I've hit a fat loss plateau and need some guidance. I'm a female, 5'5", 140lbs, medium build. I weight train 5- 6 days a week with about 20-30 minutes of cardio (jogging/incline treadmill or elliptical). I've trained this way for about a year now. I eat fairly clean, however I don't restrict carbs from my diet. I prepare 90% of my meals from scratch-no processed or packaged foods. I am happy with my muscle gains, however I cannot seem to cut my body fat. Today I've replaced my typical cardio with higher intensity training like jumping jacks, mountain climbers, squat jumps, etc., and plan on continuing this new routine to see if it breaks me through this plateau while maintaining muscle gains. Please help! Any advice is greatly appreciated!

The answer usually lies in the diet. I don't think that necessarily means low carb but it does mean counting calories and figuring out more precisely what you are eating. Personally, that's where I'd start. Use a counter like fitday.com and get a real sense of what you're eating. That will help guide you.

Ur cardio time is perfect bt u have to workout more on ur muscles....if u want to be in shape and cutting u have to increase ur sets and reps.... u have to workout with light weights.....the main thing is do squat and deadlift in light weight

Sent from my Micromax A27 using EliteFitness

The answer usually lies in the diet. I don't think that necessarily means low carb but it does mean counting calories and figuring out more precisely what you are eating. Personally, that's where I'd start. Use a counter like fitday.com and get a real sense of what you're eating. That will help guide you.
^ yup. It's all about diet. You can't outtrain a shitty diet

Hi, I'm using my boyfriend's profile to post this thread. I've hit a fat loss plateau and need some guidance. I'm a female, 5'5", 140lbs, medium build. I weight train 5- 6 days a week with about 20-30 minutes of cardio (jogging/incline treadmill or elliptical). I've trained this way for about a year now. I eat fairly clean, however I don't restrict carbs from my diet. I prepare 90% of my meals from scratch-no processed or packaged foods. I am happy with my muscle gains, however I cannot seem to cut my body fat. Today I've replaced my typical cardio with higher intensity training like jumping jacks, mountain climbers, squat jumps, etc., and plan on continuing this new routine to see if it breaks me through this plateau while maintaining muscle gains. Please help! Any advice is greatly appreciated!

You should pay attention to your diet. Eating correctly is the key. So, find some recipes and prepare good meal plan and follow it. Some inspiration you can find here musclebuildingcookbook.net

I am 5'8 170lbs. I've been lifting for almost 4 years. I am currently 23% body fat. I was 160 one year ago but realized how insanely tired I was. I ate no carbs unless they were green and finally decided that to add muscle I needed to add some complex carbs. 10lbs later I am strong!!! But I really would like to shed this layer that prevents me from seeing the definition of what I have put on. I averaged 1600 calories at 160 but couldn't loose the fat to see quad definition- plus I needed to go to bed at 8 pm. As I added calories I was recommended to increase to 2300 based on my activity level.

My goal is a bikini body w definition- I say that bc I am told I have a bikini body- I want to be leaner but here's the question, will I have to live exhausted to stay leaner? I contemplate Anavar to get to the next level. I don't want to loose muscle I've worked so hard for. Suggestions?

Last edited:
Count, have you read the stickies at the beginning of the forum? Your problem is almost definitely diet related. Until you have a solid handle on your diet and understand what to eat, how much to eat, everything is academic. Point one, if you're exhausted you're not eating right. I know a lot of people who live carb cycled, permanently low carb or low GI, they aren't exhausted. They are conscientious about their carb intake and eat super clean.

You have to understand that most women are fighting an uphill battle when they get their BF in the low 20s (if it was easy we'd all look like that). The diet has to be perfectly dialed in. Nobody (well, with the possible exception of a trainer/nutritionist who understands your goals and knows how to help people achieve them) can help you get there as well as you can.

The truth is you need to know why you're eating however many calories in whatever macros you're eating. There are plenty of RMR, BMR, Harris Benedict calculators available. There is tons of reputable information available on this and other forums.

You need to give any significant change in your diet four to six weeks to tell if you're on the right track. You also need to use the tape measure, camera and mirrors more than a scale to track your success. Read the stickies at the top of this forum, read the stickies in the general Diet and Bodybuilding forum and after you've grasped that information see what specific questions you have.

Top Bottom