Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need a good ab workout

lucidblue

I'm looking for a good ab workout. I've been working out for about 2 years now, but just really starting to get more into it. The trainer at my gym suggested some core exercises and just some crunches using the exercise ball. I need something more challenging than this.

Weighted crunches (regular), reverse crunches, decline crunches, side to side bicylce crunches, hanging leg raises.. the best for abs-- Roman Chair :)

oh yeah-- I forgot ILs Tornado Ball... LOL!

Giant set:

3 stage crunches(up, up, up down)
Bicyle with upper body moving
leg scissors
regular crunches
legs to left crunches
legs to right crunches

......each exercise for 30 seconds - biuild to a minute

lucidBlue said:
I'm looking for a good ab workout. I've been working out for about 2 years now, but just really starting to get more into it. The trainer at my gym suggested some core exercises and just some crunches using the exercise ball. I need something more challenging than this.

Are you looking for core strength? What's the goal?

What I do is work the weakest section of abs first which is usually lower, then obliques and then the middle/upper with all the various exercises already listed here. Briefly stretch afterwards too. Oh the days when I had Abs . I had a six pack now I have a Keg:( ( baby on the way )

msboss

Remember something about ABS...they are made up of the same muscle tissue as all the other muscles, so in order for them to become strong and bigger ( six-pac-like) you have to train with resistance.....weights are a great way to acheive this, and take alot less time than doing 1000 sit-ups..

PBR said:
Remember something about ABS...they are made up of the same muscle tissue as all the other muscles, so in order for them to become strong and bigger ( six-pac-like) you have to train with resistance.....weights are a great way to acheive this, and take alot less time than doing 1000 sit-ups..

Do you have a certain program you would recommend with weight?

Thanks to you everyone for the advice. I've been trying everyone's ideas on different days to see what works best for me!

PBR said:

Do you have a certain program you would recommend with weight?

Thanks to you everyone for the advice. I've been trying everyone's ideas on different days to see what works best for me!

Top Bottom