Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need to do push ups

madamnee

I need to learn how to do proper military-style pushups as fast as possible. I have been following this program for about 6 weeks (3 sets of 10 reps everyday), but can't get lower than counter level (although I'm quite low on the counter). Has anyone found a method for learning pushups that work? Or what exercises do you do to strengthen the muscles needed for pushups? I am 5'8" with freakishly long arms and legs, which must mess with my centre of gravity. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

There's no secret technique, you just have to keep trying. Make sure you keep your core and legs tight the whole time, and keep working at it.

you could add in some weights on your back to give you some resistance.

it will take time, just keep at it. I remember as a kid only being able to do a few pushups but i would once a day do them until my arms and chest burned and gradually started improving. also consider weight training too, that will help strengthen your chest and shoulders quickly

Push ups strengthen push ups. Your long arms do make it harder but you gotta keep trying. What do you mean by “counter level”? How low you have to go for the drill to count the pushup? Or do you mean you’re doing them on your kitchen counter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to learn how to do proper military-style pushups as fast as possible. I have been following this program for about 6 weeks (3 sets of 10 reps everyday), but can't get lower than counter level (although I'm quite low on the counter). Has anyone found a method for learning pushups that work? Or what exercises do you do to strengthen the muscles needed for pushups? I am 5'8" with freakishly long arms and legs, which must mess with my centre of gravity. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Why pushups? Just train your chest with bench presses and db presses

Top Bottom