Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need a diet to share

*Bunny* said:
I think an apple with almonds (nuts) is fine...

IMO it's the bad fats & carbs you have to watch when combining ...

agreed.

I forgot about cheese sticks - I LOVE those. They are great for on the go.

While fruit is good, and I highly recommend it, it is still sugar, so eating it earlier in the day is a good idea.

For example, I have to focus on a more balanced diet right now (with extra calcium) and not limiting any food groups. I am eating a banana in my AM cream of wheat (made w 3/4 cup skim milk). A banana is not the BEST fruit to eat (higher sugar), but I love them in CoW. I eat an apple and almonds as a snack mid-day (usually 11am or 2pm). Another snack is 8-10oz low fat vanilla yogurt w low fat organic granola (cinnamon raisin flavor, yum yum).

Ok, I've been working on this.

m1: 4 eggs (1 yolk only) and 1/2 c. oats OR 4 eggs on low carb tortilla w/ mustard, salsa whatever.
1 c. lowfat milk

m2: 2 tbs almonds and 1 sm-med apple OR 6 med. strawberries

m3: Can water packed tuna with 1 tbs lite mir.whip and 1 egg and 6 whole wheat crackers. Or eat tuna salad on l/c tortilla
1 c. milk (trying to get her some calcium)

m4: lean meat (chicken or fish) 3 oz sweet potato (don't know if she likes these) and 1 c.veggie (no corn, peas or carrots)
1 c. milk

m5: pro shake (she doesn't have this yet i know) or 3/4 lowfat cott. cheese

cals ranged from 1400-1500 43/29/28

Thoughts??

getnfit06 said:
Ok, I've been working on this.

m1: 4 eggs (1 yolk only) and 1/2 c. oats OR 4 eggs on low carb tortilla w/ mustard, salsa whatever.
1 c. lowfat milk

m2: 2 tbs almonds and 1 sm-med apple OR 6 med. strawberries

m3: Can water packed tuna with 1 tbs lite mir.whip and 1 egg and 6 whole wheat crackers. Or eat tuna salad on l/c tortilla
1 c. milk (trying to get her some calcium)

m4: lean meat (chicken or fish) 3 oz sweet potato (don't know if she likes these) and 1 c.veggie (no corn, peas or carrots)
1 c. milk

m5: pro shake (she doesn't have this yet i know) or 3/4 lowfat cott. cheese

cals ranged from 1400-1500 43/29/28

Thoughts??
Yogurt for calcium?

also, on the low carb / low fat stuff there are things to look for. Most low fat, or fat free are loaded with carbs (ie, SUGARS) - #1.

#2 - I get the low carb yogurt from Kroger, which I wasn't really all that concerned about UNTIL I looked at the protein. The low carb has TWICE the protein than the lite or regular.....sneaky, sneaky.....

We don't have a kroger here, but i was going to suggest to her what i eat, Light n fit which is sweetened with splenda and is made by dannon.
per cup: cals: 90
fat: 0
sodium: 120
potass.: 330
total carb: 15 g
sugars: 9
protein: 7
Not sure how this measures up, i've not checked around. But it really tastes good. This is for the strawberry which is my flavor of choice.
I may stick a serving of yogurt in m2 instead of the fruit. Or maybe m3 but i figured i shouldn't put it in later than that in the day.
The low carb tortillas already have the Elite stamp of approval, :) So I know they're ok. ;)

getnfit06 said:
We don't have a kroger here, but i was going to suggest to her what i eat, Light n fit which is sweetened with splenda and is made by dannon.
per cup: cals: 90
fat: 0
sodium: 120
potass.: 330
total carb: 15 g
sugars: 9
protein: 7
Not sure how this measures up, i've not checked around. But it really tastes good. This is for the strawberry which is my flavor of choice.
I may stick a serving of yogurt in m2 instead of the fruit. Or maybe m3 but i figured i shouldn't put it in later than that in the day.
The low carb tortillas already have the Elite stamp of approval, :) So I know they're ok. ;)
L&F Yogurt is fine..... :p

Top Bottom