Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need diet help

SheDragon

I started working out with my bf yesterday (swordfish151) and he recommended that i post a new thread here so you ladies can help me out. we'll be training together as far as weights go so im good to go there. we just need a little help setting up my diet plan:

my current stats are:
29yr
151lbs
5' 4"

BF:
estimate is 31.66% (just an estimate) per website, i have 119.34 lbs of lean body mass and 47.8lbs of fat

i just started working out for the first time in a long time (years) so i will be working out 3 days a week. my current eating habits are all screwed up. i tend to not eat alot but when i do have that meal, i dont eat healthy. i already understand per swordfish, that i should be eating at least 5-6 times a day. my current BMR is 1920 and fat loss is 1536 cals. since i need help setting up a diet plan, i want to get some input on foods and diet. any help would be appreciated.

So lets here it ladies...what would you guys recommend as far as her diet goes...she is very motivated and per last nights workout in the gym, was very gun-ho! She doesnt eat breakfast sometimes and when she does, its a breakfast burrito (loaded with cals/sodium), no snacks, and lunch depends...sometimes she does sometimes she doesnt...dinner is almost identical to lunch...what i do knwo is that she would eat or be willing to eat the same things day in day out and not get bored..her main goal right now is to decrease body fat...and maintain or gain LBM...

Suggest you take a look at the "TOP THREADS" stickie at the top of the board - whole bunch of sample diets as well as teh very successful "The Shadow Project".

SheDragon said:
I started working out with my bf yesterday (swordfish151) and he recommended that i post a new thread here so you ladies can help me out. we'll be training together as far as weights go so im good to go there. we just need a little help setting up my diet plan:

my current stats are:
29yr
151lbs
5' 4"

BF:
estimate is 31.66% (just an estimate) per website, i have 119.34 lbs of lean body mass and 47.8lbs of fat

i just started working out for the first time in a long time (years) so i will be working out 3 days a week. my current eating habits are all screwed up. i tend to not eat alot but when i do have that meal, i dont eat healthy. i already understand per swordfish, that i should be eating at least 5-6 times a day. my current BMR is 1920 and fat loss is 1536 cals. since i need help setting up a diet plan, i want to get some input on foods and diet. any help would be appreciated.
Welcome girl :rose:

Just started ... that's good, you will be sore & experience 'newbie gains' if you play your cards right :)

What specifically (split) do you plan to do for 3 days?

I will tell you right now DIET is the most important part of the equation. You need to eat MORE, more FREQUENTLY and make healthy choices. Throw in a sanity cheat/reward meal on FRI or SAT night to mix things up ... but FOOD is not the enemy .. LACK of food is ...

Check out the Sticky's at the top :)

Welcome! Now, I can't give u more advice on both exercise and diet, just because I am also a newbie like u here.

Keep reading and asking!I am agree with Sassy that it's very important and worthwhile to read the stickies first!

Read stickies-> make your own plan()-> ask some experts(Bunny,Sassy......) -> optimize your plan->start your journal......

Keep improving your health and having fun ! :qt:

:wavey: Welcome to EF !!

We have similar builds but you're a LOT younger. LOL I'm 5'4", 158lbs & I get my bodyfat tested on Saturday. ;)

So....what exactly ARE you eating????? lol Start logging in fitday - www.fitday.com - and see where you are on calories and what your macros are (% of fat, carbs, pro) daily.

You're training is good? Not that I'm doubting the man, but can you post it for us? It helps us help you.

Glad to have you....welcome to EF!!!!! :)

What im having her do is a full body workout 2-3 times a week....Tuesday we did :

Leg press
Hamstring Curles
Bench Press
Cable Rows
Lateral Raises
Donkey Calf raises
Bicep Curls
Triceps Curls

3 Sets of 15 reps each...once we did the first go around we repeated...she did really well and showed alot of motivation...

Tonight we will be doing :

Leg Press 2X 6-12
Leg Curls 2X 6-12
Leg Extensions 1-2 X 6-12
Seated Leg curls 1-2X 6-12
Calf Raises 3-4X 6-12
Bench press 2X 6-12
Cable rows 2X 6-12
Incline Bench Press 2X 6-12
Pulldowns or chins 2X 6-12
Lateral raises 2-3X 6-12
Bicep Curls 2X 6-12
Tricep pushdowns 2X 6-12

*Bunny* said:
:wavey: Thanks for clarifiying :) What about the food breakdown via fitday

Im working on that for her now...I have a program on my laptop at home that is somewhat like fitday...but with my program I look up the nutrional label on EVERYTHING and plug in the numbers...works great and is accurate...so far I had her diet down as...

Meal #1 : 4egg whites, 1 whole, 1 packet oats

Meal #2 : 1 Scoop protien powder w/water (would 2% milk be a bad idea)

Meal #3: 2 pieces chicken tenderloins w/2 slices whole wheat and sandwich veggies

Meal #4: 2 pieces chicken tenderloins w/veggies

Meal #5: (PWO) 2 scoop protien powder w/water

Meal# 6: 1/2 - 1 cup cottage cheese w/almonds

I cant off the top of my head remember the ratios, but what i do remember is that it only equaled to only 1200 cals....she needs to get in at least 300 more cals...protien ended up being a little over 1g per lbs, carbs under 100g and fats i beleive under 30g...suggestions...

Top Bottom