Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need The Best Meal Plan Please!(diet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

4BADASS

Enough is enough!

My girlfriend eats like crap..

All she eats is fruit and vegies.. And does a hour and a half a cardio a day..
She weighs about 110 at 5'7..
she wants to change her diet and eat properly if i can get a diet plan.

Can you nice ladies help me out and post some good protien meal plans or diets.

She wants a shape of a model not a bodybuilder so it cant be 20z raw steak with rice..lol

Also , i think its called the female pouch, she really wants to lose it.

Help ..and Thanks.

can you post a plan so i can print it off and give it to her?

Or a site where i can get one?

Im sure there must be alot of girls on this site with the same weight and hight or close to it , with the same goals..

Please post a meal plan deit plan PLEASE..

You might get a copy of the "Body for Life" book by Bill Phillips for her. It lays out food plans but isn't so restricted that people freak out when they see how flexible a good diet can be. It also lays out some good training basics.

And like I said on your other thread -- read the stickies regarding the myths about women lifting. If she wants to look like a "model" she's still stuck in the mindset that boney thin is beautiful. How about she looks like herself at a healthy weight. It still sounds like she's terribly underweight. If she starts lifting, of course she's going to see a little bit of shape showign up in her arms, etc. but just because she touched a free weight does not mean she will look like a bodybuilder. She doesn't even need to worry about that. She doesnt' have enough testosterone in her body to do that and if she hasn't even added protein to her diet, she has nothing to build muscle with anyway.

You can supply all the diet & training plans you want, but if she 1) doesnt' want to change or 2) doesn't understand about basic nutrition & training, it aint' gonna get her anywhere. I would recommend the Body for Life book as a good place to start -- it has good basic information in there for her to start with.

BTW, if she chooses to remain a vegan, I would highly recommend finding a good dietician who can help suggest some good protein sources for her.

Ah yes, the "female pouch". I see this on most of the cardio junkies at my gym. There's this one lady I call spiderwoman. Her arms and legs are so thin you can barely see them, but right in the middle she has a pouch - built just like a spider.

Excessive cardio combined with insufficient calories and nutrients puts the body in stress mode, causing an excess production of the stress hormone cortisol. High levels of cortisol can correspond with extra fat in the abdominal area. When the body is in stress mode, it will do all it can to shed muscle and hold on to fat and convert a higher proportion of calories eaten into fat.

I agree with the Body for Life book recommendation. Even if she doesn't follow it exactly, the principles are sound. Eating several small meals a day and always having some protein with the carbs worked wonders for my body and my energy level.

I dont understand??
I ask for a meal plan and you tell me to get a book?

Can i just have 1 of your meal plans?

There must be a hundred bikini and fitness models on this site and knowbody can give me a Diet plan for my girlfriend?

I dont know how many pages that book has but I know the meal plan wont be more then 2 pages..

Which one do thnk shes going to read?

4BADASS said:
I dont understand??

There must be a hundred bikini and fitness models on this site and knowbody can give me a Diet plan for my girlfriend?

I dont know how many pages that book has but I know the meal plan wont be more then 2 pages..

Try searching on here...because with that attitude you probably aren't going to get very much help.

try the diet board

I can tell you right now that with all carbs and cardio, she will not lose that "pouch"

she needs some weight training and protein...

and no..she will not get "big manly muscles" from doing weights

4BADASS said:
I dont understand??

It's hard to discern the "tone" of your message, but it feels a tad sarcastic. I was just trying to help. I do not have a meal plan, and if I did, it would not suit a vegetarian as you said she was.

I eat small portions of just about anything I want as long as I follow the protein w/ carb rule. I never eat carbs by themselves. My nutrient breakdown is approx 50% carb/30% pro/20% fat. The proteins I eat are mostly lean meats such as chicken breast, tuna, lean beef. The carbs are mostly low glycemic complex carbs like brown rice, sweet potato, beans, oatmeal. The fats are mostly "healthy fats" like flaxseed, olive oil, avocado. I eat fruit sometimes and unlimited green vegetables like spinach and broccoli. If I want pizza, cookies, or whatever, I eat it, but only after I've eaten the clean food.

Everyone on here does something different. If you get someone's meal plan, there'll still be some experimentation, because every body is different in regards to nutrient/calorie requirement based on body composition, activity level, goals, etc.

The book was recommended because it's a good all-around starting point covering nutrition basics that can be applied to any meal plan. It covers basic training principles with a healthy dose of interesting "success stories". Most public libraries have it.

Reactions: KEL
I have to reiterate again -- there are no quick fixes w/o some education. YOU can't make her follow a meal plan, and not every meal plan is the exact answer for every person. If she doesnt' believe in and understand what she's doing, then she probably won't do it. In that case, just get the 48 Hr Hollywood Diet -- just chug the 2 bottles of stuff and sit back and watch the pounds melt off. Fitness is a LIFESTYLE not a quick diet that you just follow and end up w/ the tight fitness girl body. It takes time for a body to adjust to a diet and frankly one of teh biggest problems people have adapting to any diet that is going to be recommended here is the fact that several small meals are better than 2-3 big ones. Just getting past that "denial" is hard if they don't understand why. And most any meal plan you get find suggested are going to contain protein at every meal -- if she's vegan, she's going to have to either suck it up and start eating meat or get some good substitutes for those protein sources. If she just starts pounding steak she's probably going to go through some painful adjustments in her digestive system too.

Get HER to invest some time in the project. There are no quick fixes. If that's what you and she are looking for, then she's just going to end up trying something for a few weeks, get frustrated, stop, blow up and become more frustrated. She needs to learn how the diet & exercise combo works - the body wants to be efficient but if you don't feed it & train it right, it ain't gonna work. If you don't follow a method that makes sense and has room for making adjustment & adaption, then its a lost cause.

And take a chill pill - if you don't like the recommendations in this thread, spend some time searching and learning like the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom