Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Workout.. your thoughts?

Oh and congrats on the little-one, Shirlene.

I saw a girl last night in the gym that was probably 5 or 6 months along, she was only stretching, but I imagined her lifting weights and I thought, wow, that would be impressive.

Oh and congrats on the little-one, Shirlene.

I saw a girl last night in the gym that was probably 5 or 6 months along, she was only stretching, but I imagined her lifting weights and I thought, wow, that would be impressive.

Im about 5 mths...my gym peeps just look at me like I have the plague...lol

maybe try RICE for a a cpl of days on the area where you felt pain and give the biceps a small break and see where youre at

even the new machines look pretty fossilized...you should see the looks my husband and I get hopping on the only two machines in the gym...heh..and we live in a community that has a lot of rowing teams
plus Im just starting to look obviously pregnant and his arm is violently scarred up from a motorcycle accident...so we're quite the pair on these things..

anyway..yeah...it sounds like a concept 2 machine...google them, they have a website and you can check out all kinds of grips...my physical therapist actually got me into rowing a few months back and showed me good form on a rower along with a handful (no pun) of grips to try out to work different muscles while im at it..its become my favorite piece of cardio equipment
I will RICE it... and give it a break, it's not painful but it's a dull oddness, Shirlene, thanks for the advice.

That's funny with you and your husband, I can picture it, I can also picture you both going hell for leather on it... there's this one little guy at my gym that gets on it and rows a million miles an hour, it's really loud and if you have never seen him before it's a real headturner!!! I can picture you both like that... and people moving backwards.. giving you space... Ha ha ha.. I love it!!!

It is a concept 2 machine, I will research the grips and try some out. I really like it as well, I feel that it's better value for time put in, it gets my heart racing.. Plus it's positioned in the dumbell/kettlebell/stretching area so I can check out what others are doing for excercises. Discreetly of course ;)

I will RICE it... and give it a break, it's not painful but it's a dull oddness, Shirlene, thanks for the advice.

That's funny with you and your husband, I can picture it, I can also picture you both going hell for leather on it... there's this one little guy at my gym that gets on it and rows a million miles an hour, it's really loud and if you have never seen him before it's a real headturner!!! I can picture you both like that... and people moving backwards.. giving you space... Ha ha ha.. I love it!!!

It is a concept 2 machine, I will research the grips and try some out. I really like it as well, I feel that it's better value for time put in, it gets my heart racing.. Plus it's positioned in the dumbell/kettlebell/stretching area so I can check out what others are doing for excercises. Discreetly of course ;)

No prob! if the RICE doesn't pan out come back and revive this thread...im sure there will be more advice by morning

with the RICE...really make sure you ice it at twenty minute intervals...I had an elbow injury that seriously never healed until I got compliant about ice...then it was like a miracle cure

I like the rowers because you're perceived exertion is pretty low when in reality you're kicking your own butt..plus its joint friendly :)

and I overtly watch other people work out for ideas...lol...maybe I should try to be more discreet..haha

good luck :)

Ha ha ha... It's probably obvious that I'm checking others out as well... oh well

Ok ICE 20 minute intervals, will do!!

I'm going to be treating this thread as a log,.mainly because I said I would start up a log to record my progress, but also because I don't have very much experience and knowledge on fitness & nutrition so I'm interested in getting others opinions.

How long did it take for your elbow to heal up once you were ice compliant?

Thanks Rebecca, that's part of the reason I chose this because as a beginner I have had to learn how to do each exercise and in this respect this routine is not overwhelming. Whereas if I would have to learn 5 new lifts each day I couldn't cope. I don't have that much time, not now anyhow.

The cardio days I'm just in and out, 2 lots of 15min is easy to get your head around, and it's easy to push hard because the countdown from 15 mins to nil is not long.

Rotten Willow, I am really conscious of having enough energy , the weights I needed for arms weren't available one day and I did squats & SLDL's first and that trashed me for the rest of the workout. I find if I do upper body first and then lower, I am able to push more.

I have a question for you about the bicep curl problem, I pushed to failure straight away then I started struggling, I have lowered the amount of weight but I'm still struggling.. I feel like a bit of a cock mentioning it because I know the weight is light and but nonetheless, I am still struggling!! After about 4-5 reps in it's just like my muscle doesn't want to contract, I put 100% of mental effort into it and it just contracts at snails pace, then it just stalls.

I am using DB's, and it is my right that is stalling, but I am hesitant in adding weight to my left because I'll be lopsided. Or should I just go to barbell curls and in that way as I increase my left my right will have to follow???

It’s frustrating because I have gone down rather than up in weight, I have lifted more than this? Do I just need to harden the f@*k up and push through?

They could be overtrained, Rachel. People overlook the fact that the bis and tris get worked a lot. When you do pulldowns or rows you work bis pretty hard. When you bench or overhead press, you also work tris. Unless your body is fairly tolerant to volume, you can overwork the upper arm muscles pretty quickly.

Try doing isolation work for the upper arms only one time per week and see how that goes.

Ha ha ha... It's probably obvious that I'm checking others out as well... oh well

Ok ICE 20 minute intervals, will do!!

I'm going to be treating this thread as a log,.mainly because I said I would start up a log to record my progress, but also because I don't have very much experience and knowledge on fitness & nutrition so I'm interested in getting others opinions.

How long did it take for your elbow to heal up once you were ice compliant?

only a few days then i eased back into things...

I injured it because my partner dropped her end of the stretcher and I caught it with a 240 lb patient on it...plus 80 lbs for the stretcher

I didn't drop the guy tho!!!

I reinjured the same spot a few years later by catching a motorcycle (R6) from falling off the back of a compact pickups....JUST missed it hitting the ground...that hurt like hell, but it was a customers bike.

anyway, both times I was very weak in that arm until the inflamation calmed down...the sheathing gets inflamed around the tendons and causes issues.

what RW said about overtraining can be really likely....especially because your cardio consists of something that also works muscles...

They could be overtrained, Rachel. People overlook the fact that the bis and tris get worked a lot. When you do pulldowns or rows you work bis pretty hard. When you bench or overhead press, you also work tris. Unless your body is fairly tolerant to volume, you can overwork the upper arm muscles pretty quickly.

Try doing isolation work for the upper arms only one time per week and see how that goes.

RW, I have just had a look through different isolation moves... because the bench press & bicep curl works biceps & the DB row and military press work triceps.. do you mean cut them out? How does this sound??

Twice per week
Barbell Front Raise
Dumbell Lateral Raise
Barbell Pullover (I know this also works tri's but I don't know what else will work lats that isn't compound)
Shrug
Flies (there is a pec deck a the gym)

Once per week
Skull Crusher
Bicep Curl

shirlene29 said:
only a few days then i eased back into things...

I injured it because my partner dropped her end of the stretcher and I caught it with a 240 lb patient on it...plus 80 lbs for the stretcher

I didn't drop the guy tho!!!

I reinjured the same spot a few years later by catching a motorcycle (R6) from falling off the back of a compact pickups....JUST missed it hitting the ground...that hurt like hell, but it was a customers bike.

anyway, both times I was very weak in that arm until the inflamation calmed down...the sheathing gets inflamed around the tendons and causes issues.

what RW said about overtraining can be really likely....especially because your cardio consists of something that also works muscles... .
Well the icing has begun!! I'll modify my workout tonight and I don't exercise over the weekend so it will get a few days rest..

At least you have interesting stories about the damage..nice save of the patient. I hope he realised what you did.

As for the bike... you would have been a hero if you managed to catch it off a pickup.. I've tried to catch a gixxer from falling off a side stand and couldn't do it.. I managed to lay it down gently but there's no way I could have held it up.. and that's from ground level.. good work from height!!

Thursday

Cardio
15 mins bike
15 mins eliptical

Breaky
1/3 cup of oatmeal prepared with water
1/3 cup of skim milk
stewed apricots

Snack
1 latte 2 sugars

Meal
3 eggs

Snack
1 chicken leg

Meal
1 chicken breast

Snack
50g of chicken

Meal
beef & vege stir fry with egg noodles

Total Calories 1825
P 39% F 36% C 25%

Last edited:
RW, I have just had a look through different isolation moves... because the bench press & bicep curl works biceps & the DB row and military press work triceps.. do you mean cut them out? How does this sound??

Twice per week
Barbell Front Raise
Dumbell Lateral Raise
Barbell Pullover (I know this also works tri's but I don't know what else will work lats that isn't compound)
Shrug
Flies (there is a pec deck a the gym)

Once per week
Skull Crusher
Bicep Curl

Well the icing has begun!! I'll modify my workout tonight and I don't exercise over the weekend so it will get a few days rest..

At least you have interesting stories about the damage..nice save of the patient. I hope he realised what you did.

As for the bike... you would have been a hero if you managed to catch it off a pickup.. I've tried to catch a gixxer from falling off a side stand and couldn't do it.. I managed to lay it down gently but there's no way I could have held it up.. and that's from ground level.. good work from height!!

nah the patient was a psyche dialysis patient...a frequent flyer and he always hated me...lol

the motorcycle remained largely unscathed..but not totally...and I was the one who dropped it to begin with...lolol

Top Bottom