Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Workout.. your thoughts?

Fridays Workout

Bench Presses
16kg x 8
18kg x 8
29.5kg x 8
29.5kg x 8

Got the 8 in... a little bit easier this time

Bent-Over Rows
18kg x 8
20.5kg x 8
32kg x8
32kg x 8

Went up... form is feeling good, very happy

Overhead DB Presses
6kg x 8 (13.2pound DB)
7kg x 8 (15.4 pound DB)
10kg x 8 (22 pound DB)
10g x 8

Still stuck with the 10s, went slow and no popping, I should be going up so I will do the 12.5's on Monday... slowly

SL Deadlifts
20.5kg x 8
32kg x 8
38kg x 8
38kg x 8
40.5g x 8
40.5kg x 8
Light day on the SLDL but on two of the three middle sets I increased the weight

Squats
Bodyweight x 12
Bodyweight x 12
Bodyweight x 12
40kg x 8
40kg x 8
40kg x 8
I added AGAIN and was tough, my heart was pounding but I managed to get out all 8 with decent form. (it's now sat here and I can happily say I have woken up with a sore bum, the first time ever from doing squats) so I know that I've hit the mark.

Single Leg Calf Raises
8kg x 10 (17.6 pound)
12kg x 10 (26.4 pound)
20kg x 20
20kg x 20
20kg x 20
I though these may be easier because I didn't do them on Monday but that was not the case.

I spotted a girl using a seated calf machine, how I am doing these is holding a kettlebell and standing one-legged on a step. Between my calves and the grip of the 20kg it is tough work, the next step up is the 24kg kettlebell and I'm not sure how I'm going to go holding it.. maybe I should start learning how to use the machine.

Hanging Knee Ups/Leg Raises
12 hanging knee raises
12 hanging leg raises
12 hanging leg raises
12 hanging leg raises

And finish... I am overjoyed about the squats and rows.. A really good workout!!

Dam str8 gurl, dam str8.
Gr8 workout last time too.
Am so dam proud of you alway adding and growing in more ways then one.
You go GURL!
You would have done so well in the recomp competition....:evil:
Thanks Zedhed, without your encouragement I would have been a lot slower adding on weight.. but I'm steaming ahead now.

The recomp guys and girls are doing a great job, my bets are down and (it doesnt happen very often) but with this one I'm cheering from the sidelines..

Bench Presses
16kg x 8
18kg x 8
29.5kg x 8
29.5kg x 8

Bent-Over Rows
18kg x 8
20.5kg x 8
34kg x8
34kg x 8

Added weight again, tough work but got the 8 out!!

Overhead DB Presses
6kg x 8 (13.2pound DB)
7kg x 8 (15.4 pound DB)
10kg x 8 (22 pound DB)
10g x 8

Still used the 10's.. I just wasn't ok mentally to go up on this one.. not happy about it now.

SL Deadlifts
20.5kg x 8
32kg x 8
38kg x 8
40.5kg x 8
50kg x 8
50kg x 8

Varying the weight on the sets.

Squats
Bodyweight x 12
Bodyweight x 12
Bodyweight x 12
40kg x 9
40kg x 9
40kg x 9

Got out 9 reps per set, will build up reps and then increase weight

Single Leg Calf Raises
8kg x 10 (17.6 pound)
12kg x 10 (26.4 pound)
20kg x 20
20kg x 20
24kg x 15

Just went up on the last set, will the heavier weight for more sets next time.

12 hanging knee raises
12 hanging leg raises
12 hanging leg raises
12 hanging leg raises

I'm considerng in breaking up the workout into different days, once I do the squats I'm just *&^%ed, will give it some thought but I have been going on this workout for quite a while and maybe some change will be good.

Looking great! You are continually making improvements! Changing it up can be refreshinng at times. Then you can try different splits too and see what you like the best. :)

Hey Rae hows your world these days?
Would love to see an update from you chika!

Hey Zed, how's it going.. I love the new avatar!!

I'm been a little bit distracted with life but proud to say that I'm still keeping the routine and I'm progressing nicely.. I'm over the moon with squats and calves. I've added weight a few times and I'm going well.

I thinking about mixing it up a bit, just to keep myself fresh and motivated, but I haven't had time to research anything!!

Eating wise I'm going ok.. I am eating well but I haven't been keeping track in fitday and I sure I have been eating too many carbs..

I was noticing changes in my body every week but it's kind of stagnated over the last few weeks.. I'm sure it's the food and the fact that I've been distracted as well, but I'm still getting to the gym and carrying my full workouts and doing cardio 3 times a week.

I just need to wait while the dust is settling and then my focus will be back to 100%

How are you going? Are you back in the gym?

Hang in there girl. Hopefully that dust will settle sooner then later. I definitely can relate and it's hard to have your head 100% there when life throws you the curve balls. :)

Thanks Roxy!! I'm still reading how you're going, you're definately showing the guys the meaning of tough competition!! Keep up the good work

Hey chika. Nope not back to working out yet but soon!
Am doing pretty good overall and not looking too bad yet....
Thanks for asking and take care.
Post up a workout for me plz and best regards.

Thats good to hear Zed, I guess it's good that you've helped out so much in the competition, at least your not going stir crazy, here's my workout this week

Tuesday's Workout

Bench Presses
16kg x 8
18kg x 8
29.5kg x 8
29.5kg x 8

Bent-Over Rows
18kg x 8
20.5kg x 8
34kg x8
34kg x 8

Overhead DB Presses
6kg x 8 (13.2pound DB)
7kg x 8 (15.4 pound DB)
10kg x 8 (22 pound DB)
10g x 8

SL Deadlifts
20.5kg x 8
32kg x 8
38kg x 8
40.5kg x 8
50kg x 8
50kg x 8

Squats
Bodyweight x 12
Bodyweight x 12
Bodyweight x 12
40kg x 9
40kg x 9
40kg x 9

Single Leg Calf Raises
8kg x 10 (17.6 pound)
12kg x 10 (26.4 pound)
20kg x 20
24kg x 20
24kg x 15

12 hanging knee raises
12 hanging leg raises
12 hanging leg raises
12 hanging leg raises
12 hanging leg raises

I've been a bit slack in adding weight, however I have increased the calves & added another set for leg raises.

Cardio

Wednesday
15 min stair mill
15 min eliptical
10 min treadmill (jog and then run) This is the first time I've ran since I hurt my hip. Went ok, I had a few twinges in my knee when I woke up this morning.

Top Bottom