Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Wife is Wanting to Try T3 - Good or Bad Idea Ladies?

curling

She is 5.5 115 lbs(down from 145) in two months of starving herself and ECA.

She is starting to workout with me on weights and she is keeping up with me with reps and sets. She is really serious this time of getting a hard body.

She wants to try T3 because she thinks it will help her metabolism and make her crap more. Sometimes she goes two weeks without taking one.

What do ya'll think is T3 good for women and if so what is a good dose schedule for her.

Thanks Ladies.

I would suggest that she educates herself on what it takes to gain muscle/lose fat that DOES NOT include starving herself. Feeding herself properly and training right/consistantly is what will help her metabolism. Not ECA or T3.

She needs to discover her own body's natural potential before throwing pills at it.

We all have been there - thinking that the less we eat the more we will look the way we want. And all we did was become "skinny fat people".

There are some great informative threads here regarding this scenario....search for a thread called "scary shit" by Bikinimom. Thats only one thread of many that us ladies have shared our trials and triumphs of our body journeys.

I suggest reading/printing out those threads for her to read.

------------------
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

I don't mean to sound harsh here but
IF YA DON'T EAT YA DON'T CRAP
EXLAX WORKS GOOD FOR MOST ANOREXICS
IF YA DON'T EAT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET HARD NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU LIFT!!!
It sounds to me like she is wanting a solution in a pill and is heading if not already there for an eating disorder! What lean mass she had is going going gone!!!
She needs to learn about nutrition and bodybuilding before she even considers anything else! I can say this because I used to be just like her and I know what I am talking about.

Writing as someone with thyroid problems, I'm nervous about T3 as a supplement. If you screw it up, you have a thryoid problem for life--and a shut down thyroid is extremely no fun.

Why not try eating 6-7 meals a day, cycling carbs, etc. to boost metabolism? Metamucil, flax seed meal--roughage in the diet gives you poop.

------------------
It's not funny, like on TV, and it's not smart, like it is in books.

I wouldn't suggest T3 for her unless she's using some kind of anabolic steroid. T3 doesn't discriminate against muscle and fat in terms of loosing weight. Also it doesn't look like your wife has a handle on her diet and training at all. Those should be in place before ever thinking about trying performance enhancing drugs. Have your wife first learn more about proper diet and training. There's no subsititute for that...

------------------
myersani.gif

Thanks for the answers ladies. She did starve for a while but now she is bike riding and training with me and starting to eat a couple a meals a day now.

She has always had slow bowels even before she started dieting. I mean she will go two weeks without going you know (how does one say this tastefully to ladies) "poop".

"a couple of meals a day"

That's not enough. No wonder she's not having regular bm's. I'd be highly highly concerned with her eating behavior. She needs to get educated!

Curling,

Sorry if we seem a bit rough on you. It's just we've been in your wife's shoes and don't want to see her go down the same wrong roads we did. Needless to say, we get a bit fired up on this subject.

Enough food + enough water (can't stress the water part enough) = 1 (and sometimes 2! :) poops a day for me. I used to be one of those once a week folks too - YOUCH! :eek:

Without any muscle, she's not going to HAVE a metabolism. All the training or drugs in the world won't build muscle without a proper diet. Personally, I wouldn't touch T3 with a 10 foot pole. Sure, a lot of bodybuilders use it, and they know what they're doing with it, but I don't, and wouldn't want to permanently wreck my thyroid, which IS possible with T3. If I were a professional, and my career depended on it, then I might reconsider AFTER making sure my training and diet were completely on the mark.

Get her to focus on building STRENGTH. I recommend she keep a training log. That really motivated me. I liked the challenge of lifting more and more weight. That also encouraged me to make positive changes in my diet. Once I started eating a halfway decent diet (as opposed to next to nothing) the improvements seemed to happen like magic, and really stoked my metabolism. Women are completely in awe of how much I eat, and so am I :).

One more thing... she doesn't need to worry about getting "big" from lifting heavy weight (assumming she's not using steroids). That is unless she's genetically gifted, in which case she can either decide to become a bodybuilder or tone the weights back a bit. In the meantime though, she needs to build muscle in order to raise her metabolism. This is what will help her reduce bodyfat. Yes, her scale weight WILL go up, but her bodyfat should come down, and she'll be harder and tighter, since muscle weighs more than fat and is denser than fat.

I highly recommend that she read OXYGEN magazine and the book Bodyfitness for Women:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1552100146/qid=988404720/103-2203387-3411838

Curling - can you get your wife to come participate on this board? FF is right about why I responded so strongly, I have been down the starvation road and I got very small and then ballooned up to 185+. In order to change her metabolism she is going to have to start eating and training, when she begins to eat she will retain water and the scale is going to go up quite a bit and she will feel really fat and bloated for at least two weeks. This is an incredibly scarey time especially when starving probably feels so good to her right now. The only thing that got me thru it was that I had total faith in the people telling me what to do and how to do it. I really think that she will need a support system to get her on the right track. Alot of the gals here have posted pics and it is really hard to argue with someone who looks like you want to look.

Bears and Pooping

Bears go for months without pooping. Not trying to be funny here, but in the past I've been on what I called a regulated diet where I didn't poop for at least a week. The trick is to only eat digestible stuff. Mainly I was living out of a blender and juicer. Very limited caloric intake also and lots of ECA to keep from burning up the muscle. Problem is that when I did poop it was hard as a rock. And it can cause real bad hemorroids. Anyway I got very good results from it. Although for most of the time I do include nondigestible fiber in my diet I think the fiber thing is overrated. Can you imagine humans before the advent of farming sitting out in some wheatfield picking the chaff off of every little kernal for their fiber. The same kind of applies to water. We have this built in control mechanism that tells us when to drink. It's called thirst. Besides that most tap water is laced with all sorts of garbage. For those of you that have a personal water distiller just look inside the boiling chamber after about 10 gallons. I call it sludge. But it smells and looks like sh**. After all, this stuff usually comes from the local sewage treatment plant. And do you think they can remove every little molecule of junk before they add what is a few parts per million of Chlorox.

Anyway I guess what I'm trying to say here is don't give too much credence to everything you read or hear in the media. Consider the source. Everybody is pushing a product to enhance their financial well-being.
Do you think they really care about you, the consumer?
Use your own common sense.

So here's the link on Bears. Learn to recyle (some) of your protein internally. Saves money.

http://www.bio.davidson.edu/Biology/Courses/anphys/2000/Marks/lisa12.htm

Top Bottom