Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

MS email me, need help with a vegan diet

wilson6

Elite Mentor
[email protected]

and.....no it is not for me. Had some Tofu at a client meeting the other day. Tasted like pickled latex caulk and gave me far more gas than baked beans, burgers and beer.

W6

"Tasted like pickled latex caulk" Hahahahaha

I can't stand the stuff either. Just because a person chooses to not eat animal products it shouldn't mean they have to neglect their taste buds!

My general rule regarding protein is, "if it doesn't come from something that bleeds, I probably won't like it."

W6

It's funny you should say that Wilson6, cause soy beans bleed this stuff that looks reminiscent of latex when you crush them to make tofu.....

I like the stuff that's left over after making tofu. It can be roasted or made into muesli etc.... and is very light and nutty tasting. It's mostly fiber, but much more palatable then tofu IMHO. You can also do some intersting stuff by freezing the tofu and then soaking what becomes a spongy thing in your favorite marinade. This is the only way I know of to get tofu to take up a decent flavor.

You guys must not be getting the real deal, because the stuff here is yummy. I like it plain, with a bit of soy sauce and some grated ginger. Perhaps with a sprinkle of spring onions.

:)

Debu: vegan, ovo-lacto vegetarian, lacto-vegetarian, or pesce-vegetarian (not that I think that last is technically vegetarian, but anyway)???

Top Bottom