Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

more hamstring exercises!

Tomer

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest more ways to work on my hamstrings..

On my legs days I do squats of course, but specifically for hamstrings I do straight leg deadlifts and hamstring curls either with the cable or machine.
I try to steer away form machine work as much as possible.

I have attempted to do hamstring raises,

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Hamstrings/BBHamstringRaise.html

but I guess I just don't have enough strength.. as I seem to come crashing down and can't control myself..
any suggestions?.. or do I just have to strengthen my hamstrings more before I can do these..

I've never done good-mornings.. if i'm doing straight leg deadlifts, should Ibe doing these as well/ alternatively?

Thanks again :heart:

lunges can work too - really focus on tightening your butt and hamstrings to push your self up.

Raised lunges are great - front leg is up on a step, and your back leg is on the floor. You can do these stationary, or in motion. In motion would be like a backward lunge - stand on top of the step, leave one leg on the step and step the other leg backward, use the front (raised) leg to pull you back up to the step.

Running steps and running sprints can help too.

thanks daisy!!

can anyone tell me if those hamstring raises are supposed to be that difficult... others make it look easy.. I tried doing them bu i have to put my hands down to stop myself

you can try walking lunges, step ups, lying leg curls, standing leg curls, deep wide stance leg press.... also there is a variation of the deadlift done without stiff legs but with bent knees, don't know the name in English (I'll look it up for you).

Top Bottom