Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

More diet stuff!

fitgal

I know this place is diet questioned right out! BUT, I've done searches, and really want to know if I am doing okay "dieting down". I am 10 weeks out from my first fitness competition. I started dieting just over 2 weeks ago. I have already lost 6 1/2 lbs, which I am hoping most of which is water, or else its seems like quite a bit. I only ever get my body fat tested with the hand held ones (electric), because the trainers around here with their little calipers - I just DON'T trust. I am 21 yrs old, 5'7 1/2, currently 138.5 lbs, down from 145lbs. The hand held tester has been pretty consistent, around the 14-16% range (accurate? who knows).
My calories range from 1400-1800 depending on the day, if I have gymnastics, or what not that day. I'm thinking this isn't enough calories, though my protein has been between 165-190 grams ona daily basis. I've been trying to do atleast a 40/40/20 (pro/carb/fat). I always have protein equal or higher than carbs, and have cut out breads, and sugars. Although I have a little dairy still, and sometimes fruit to keep me sane. I could go in to so much more, but really long posts often lose interest. Anybody with input, feel free.

If you'd like more info about myself, just ask. I also quit the BC pill this passed weekend, thanks to some help I got on this board awhile ago.
Thanks ahead of time :)

[This message has been edited by fitgal (edited April 04, 2001).]

Fitgal,

Is there any chance at all that you can work with an experienced trainer and nutritionist during your pre-contest? It's too specific to the person; it really needs to be customized for you, and needs to be monitored on a frequent basis, and you are getting down to the wire with only 10 weeks left. If you e-mail me, I will put you in touch with my trainer. He may be able to help you long-distance. Good luck!! :)

Fennec

What you've explained sounds right on..but Fennec is correct! Preparing for a competition is a fine art and tough to do with out at least consulting a "professional". I'd say you need to stay at the higher range of your cals to protect your muscle. I've never competed but I read a lot about carb depleting and such for competitions so you can enhance your physique to its best. And as anyone will tell you the best learning experience is just to do it - you will make mistakes sure but you will learn too! Good luck.

------------------
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

I agree, you should try to find someone to help you, it is so hard to try to do on your own. I have a few people helping me and it has made a huge difference...little things you never knew make big changes in your body. Everyone is different so your diet has to be made for YOU! You have some time so I would seek out a professional trainer etc so they can get you going in the right direction. Goodluck to you :)

I agree with everyone else. Your first time competition dieting I would strongly recommend you find someone in your town who has a good reputation for comp preparation. We'll help as much as we can, but we can't see you, pinch you, critique you posing and routine etc....

BTW www.anabolicfitness.net now has a new board especially for competitive bodybuilders. Should be a great place to seek help.

Thank you. I am also a student, so I don't have much money. I have been doing most everything on my own, and so far it has been ok. I am moving to my home town soon where I have friends who compete in bodybuilding and are willing to help get me on the "rightest" track. I do a lot of research and have done alright so far. I can't really afford any type of trainer right now, but hopefully when I begin my summer job I can get with someone who really knows their stuff. I've already learned a lot, and I expect to make mistakes. This is a huge learning experience for myself. Thanks for the advice, I will try to look for someone who can give me some one-on-one. I am moving in a couple of weeks, than will hopefully have someone for the last 8 weeks before my show to help me along the way. Thanks again :)

Top Bottom