Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mid life crisis

2_much

I am a 40 yo female thinking about doing my first figure competition. I tried posting on another site but didn't get much response. I really need some honest feedback from people familiar with the world of competition. I don't want to waste my time or look like a fool. People have been telling me for years that I should compete but I always assumed they were full of sh**. This past year it has really intensified and I actually started thinking sbout competing after the Olympia when I had several pros asking why I don't compete. I have lived and worked in the fitness/bodybuilding world for many years so I know pretty much what I need to do as far as diet and training.What I need right now is some honest opinions from impartial people who don't know me. Based on where I am at right now, should I train/diet for a competition in about two and a half months or would it be a waste of time.I don't want to get on stage as the comedy routine. Keep in mind that I am 40 and would compete in the old geeser class. Thanks for any input.These pics were taken two days ago.

Hell yes you should you look fantastic in 2 1/2 more months wow you will kick some serious behind. What show is it you are thinking of doing?

You look great and I think you should go for it!
Good luck to you!

Thanks so much, that is really encouraging! I want to do the northern Colorado NPC in April. I've been to that show for the last several years and have found that most of the figure girls are just skinny, they should call it the 'most anorexic for your height contest'!I'm feeling pretty motivated and will post pics of my progress, if I make any!

Thanks so much, that is really encouraging! I want to do the northern Colorado NPC in April. I've been to that show for the last several years and have found that most of the figure girls are just skinny, they should call it the 'most anorexic for your height contest'!I'm feeling pretty motivated and will post pics of my progress, if I make any!

So here is the thing with figure… you can have on of the best developed bodies on stage but not be rewarded for it. For a variety of reasons one is political sucks but it is very true in figure other is nerves etc and how you present yourself on stage that comes with time. So take this as a personal journey and be happy with how you progress. Like I said your body right now is fantastic focusing on a contest I am sure will take it to the next level. Please do post pictures even start a log if you like great to have you here.

Just look the best you can. That way no matter where you place you have pictures of yourself looking amazing. You will have them for the rest of your life!
Its a competition but it should still be fun too!
You look great btw. Do the show. You will meet people with similar interests.

You look amazing. I'm not in the competing world so I can't give critical feedback but I definitely know you could be ready in 2 months!

Last edited:
Top Bottom