Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

MGF's 2006 Log

*Bunny* said:
It's all about finding what works for you & adjusting things when you feel something may or may not be holding you back & tweak.

I am 110% dedicated when I wanna be, and when I see something off, I fix it & move on. I was just making a suggestion for better nutrient uptake, it may not work for you or her or the next person given your schedule :) If you need to get the fats in, then get em in ... there are better ways than in a PWO shake

KnowwhatImsayin'?

Yeppers!

I am just gonna try moving it to another meal and see how that does for me. I don't want to hinder my traing or results in any way so I'm gonna do what is best ya know what I mean. And a big ass plus for the nutrition stand point!!!!

i have the same problem. I do my weights in the eve. and can't get fat in before bed because i drink a shake and go to bed.

*Bunny* said:
The subject of fat PWO is what we are discussing ... I do not recommend it per my comments above & in badgergls log

I do my weights in the evening too and drink my PWO shake right afterward. I then wait at least 90 mins to 2 hrs and eat my fat (either nuts or nut butter) right before I go to bed. Sometimes it sits on my night stand to pop in right before I turn off the lights....

What's weird is the trainer who gives me my diet looked at this and said that I shouldn't eat just nuts right before I go to bed because it's really hard for the body to digest. But I thought fat makes the protein digest slower and keeps one satiated through the night??? Anyway, as a compromise, the trainer said I could eat nut butter with celery sticks at least...although I'm not sure how that would help.

The 2 tbsp of almond butter I eat before bedtime has 6g carbs, 8g protein, 15g fat and I think those are pretty decent ratios. I don't eat dairy, so no casein type protein for me. Anyone care to comment??? (sorry to hijack your log, MGF)

Well set your alarm clock and wake up to eat your last meal... Yeah right...
Only thing I can see to do

treilin said:
Why yogurt??? Could always add flaxseed oil in the shake.... or take a serving of almonds. Eat the yogurt at a different time.

Yogurt b/c gyn says so. I need the live critters that are in it. Soooo I get it in last meal seems to be the only time Don't know why just ends up like that.

I take flaxseed oil in capsules. That is usually how I do it but if eating the almonds with my pwo meal is going to hinder me I would rather move it ykwim.

Roonytunes said:
I do my weights in the evening too and drink my PWO shake right afterward. I then wait at least 90 mins to 2 hrs and eat my fat (either nuts or nut butter) right before I go to bed. Sometimes it sits on my night stand to pop in right before I turn off the lights....

What's weird is the trainer who gives me my diet looked at this and said that I shouldn't eat just nuts right before I go to bed because it's really hard for the body to digest. But I thought fat makes the protein digest slower and keeps one satiated through the night??? Anyway, as a compromise, the trainer said I could eat nut butter with celery sticks at least...although I'm not sure how that would help.

The 2 tbsp of almond butter I eat before bedtime has 6g carbs, 8g protein, 15g fat and I think those are pretty decent ratios. I don't eat dairy, so no casein type protein for me. Anyone care to comment??? (sorry to hijack your log, MGF)

That was my thinking as well. I think what they are saying is to have the pp pwo and then the fat is fine before bed. Wonder why the trainer said that???? Don't sweat it hun it's all good. :)

OK here's the solution I've come with to my little delima.....

Take my foods with me to the gym and eat my pwo on the way home that will give me enough time to give time before eating the fat before bed. Home,shower,put the kids to bed play with dog and hubby :qt: LOL should be over an hour.

I'll play around with it to make it fit.

Why do you need any fat at all before bed? Is this just because you're not getting it in at other points in the day?

badgergrl said:
Why do you need any fat at all before bed? Is this just because you're not getting it in at other points in the day?

When you sleep your not eating and as you know you need to eat every 2 to 3 hrs and have protein with meals right. Well if your asleep and not eating your body will start basically eating your lean muscle and eating a fat before bed slows down digestion and avoid the above. :)

badgergrl said:
It's really based on your goals & what works FOR YOU ... you will read D'ont eat fat before bed ... don't eat carbs before bed ... don't eat within 2 hours of bedtime , etc ...

It's all subjective & matters WHO you talk too ... a slow digesting protein source before bed is also a good option, not FAT & only fat per se ...

Top Bottom