Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

metabolism - is it faster right after a workout?

muskles

i read some short article in a girlie fashion magazine the other day that a woman's metabolism will speed up right after the workout. there was some study they did on women in scottsdale, az that they used to promote the claim. of course, they used the info to say that women can eat a fudgecycle or some other extra piece of junk food on days they train and not gain weight.. but nonetheless.. is it true that your metabolism "speeds up" right after the workout? i sure hope so, cuz i'm shoveling down my post-workout meal as i type this :D (**a salad, not a fudgecycle:) **)

it's not that the metabolism speeds up-it is the fact that you have a window postworkout of around 45 minutes where you can take in carbs and not have them stored as fat-metabolism speeds up by eating every 2 and a half to 3 hours

okay, that sounds right... they never do actually EXPLAIN anything in those fashion mags, do they? we might hurt our lil heads:)

Yes metabolism is increased, but only after a high intensity bout of exercise, not a low intensity cardio session. Its termed EPOC (post exercise oxygen consumption). Due to a variety of factors, but the slow component (longer term) is due to what's called a Q10 effect (elevated core temp increases cellular O2 consumption). But, that doesn't mean you can eat more and not worry about it, esp. sugar.

W6

Top Bottom