Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mermaid 2006

iceprincess said:
Is everything ok Mermaid? It is not like you to not update for a couple of days! ;)
I'm getting worried too ... I'm beginning to wonder if she's ever gotten my PMs.

Just give us a wave and let us know you're still alive! :qt:

Thanks so much ladies for the concern. I'm OK, it's just been a very busy (unexpected) week.

I could write pages about what has happened but I won't bore you all with it.

I am struggling with remaining consistent with my fitness goals when I spend so much time working/meetings/travelling etc. But I have to find a way, tweaking my schedule and being flexible. As a result, I have completely given up any social life I had, that is what I have to sacrifice in order to leave time open for training. And that's OK because I really really want to achieve my goals.

Yesterday (Friday) I did slip a little. I did not train and all I ate was sandwiches. (Yes, business meeting food). I left work, had a massage (boy, did I need it - hamstrings are killing me since I did deadlifts on Thursday), a bath and early bed.

Sounds lame to most people I guess, but I am very proud that I did not fall into a stress induced drinking frenzy like I am used to. No alcohol at all in fact. I have to grasp on to these small wins or else I would get so down about how crap my progress is. I'm putting heaps of pressure onto myself for not moving forward quickly enough.

Saturday morning now, got up, early am cardio, good food and catching up on reading.

Hope everyone has a great weekend :heart:

mermaid said:
Thanks so much ladies for the concern. I'm OK, it's just been a very busy (unexpected) week.

I could write pages about what has happened but I won't bore you all with it.

I am struggling with remaining consistent with my fitness goals when I spend so much time working/meetings/travelling etc. But I have to find a way, tweaking my schedule and being flexible. As a result, I have completely given up any social life I had, that is what I have to sacrifice in order to leave time open for training. And that's OK because I really really want to achieve my goals.

Yesterday (Friday) I did slip a little. I did not train and all I ate was sandwiches. (Yes, business meeting food). I left work, had a massage (boy, did I need it - hamstrings are killing me since I did deadlifts on Thursday), a bath and early bed.

Sounds lame to most people I guess, but I am very proud that I did not fall into a stress induced drinking frenzy like I am used to. No alcohol at all in fact. I have to grasp on to these small wins or else I would get so down about how crap my progress is. I'm putting heaps of pressure onto myself for not moving forward quickly enough.

Saturday morning now, got up, early am cardio, good food and catching up on reading.

Hope everyone has a great weekend :heart:
I think not drinking is FABULOUS!!! You absolutely have a right to count that victory and be proud of it! Developing healthy coping strategies (and what's healthier than a massage?) is what this is about. It's a lifestyle thing.

When life intrudes things DO get very difficult. When you have schedules to meet and obligations it gets damn near impossible to stick with a plan. We do the best we can. You just have to remember, it's not a race, and you're not doing yourself any good by beating yourself up over what you can't change. If you have to travel hither and yon for your job and are working godawful hours then it gets very hard to wedge in self time. Travel screws up people's schedules worse than anything. You can work a long day in the office and still manage to workout around that and carry food in, but traveling just makes things a mess.

Hey, what's a social life :qt: ? I have cable t.v., the internet and cats, is a social life anything like that :rolleyes:

I hope things at work settle down for you, soon :bigkiss:

mermaid said:
Sounds lame to most people I guess, but I am very proud that I did not fall into a stress induced drinking frenzy like I am used to. No alcohol at all in fact. I have to grasp on to these small wins or else I would get so down about how crap my progress is.

For two gals who :heart: their vodka, we're doing really well, Mermaid! I'm very proud of you :friends: You're doing an AMAZING job with holding your head up high and sticking it out with your fitness goals in this time of stress. That sense of accomplishment is a nice feeling to have!! :dance2:

Your doing awesome Mermaid - keep up the good work!! You can DO EEEEEEETT!! ;) Don't be too hard on yourself AND believe in MERMAID (she is an amazing woman) :heart:

I am travelling with work this week so I am having trouble logging. I'm sticking to good food choices though probably higher carb than usual and the hotel where I'm staying has some cardio machines so I am keeping up with that at least. Not back until Friday.

Have a good week everyone :heart:

mermaid said:

Mermaid, first I'd like to say that I'm very proud of you. You've shown strong self-control by staying away from alcohol, and I'm glad to hear that you're proud of yourself for it. Use that as further motivation and a reminder of how strong you are when you need to be.

Be careful about how much pressure you place on yourself! :) Make sure your expectations are realistic and remember the LONG term point of view. I don't remember your age, but just go ahead and double it (at least). That is how many lifting and fitness years you've got ahead of you. Consider that, think long term, and keep up with the consistency. You're doing a great job, so keep it up and know there are LOTS of people here that care!

Now SMILE! LOL! :twirl:

Definitely don't be TOO hard on yourself. Especially now, when you're traveling. If you were home, had everything at your fingertips and you were slipping, that would be cause for a little whip crackin'. But you're not home and you don't have all of your resources at your fingertips. Do what you can. Keep up on the cardio and try to keep your carbs down to normal for you. You'll be fine! :rose:

scorpiogirl said:
Definitely don't be TOO hard on yourself. Especially now, when you're traveling. If you were home, had everything at your fingertips and you were slipping, that would be cause for a little whip crackin'. But you're not home and you don't have all of your resources at your fingertips. Do what you can. Keep up on the cardio and try to keep your carbs down to normal for you. You'll be fine! :rose:

Well, I've not been fine. I have actually gotten worse as the week went on and last night I even ate dessert which is a habit I had gotten out of. I go home this afternoon but have to come back next Monday for three days and I am already thinking of ensuring I at least bring some protein powder and almond butter for meals 2 and 4. I was stupid enough not to consider that before.

Plus I am going back home for 2 weeks in February. My sister had her first baby on Monday and had the most dreadful time, both she and the babe are quite seriously ill (thankfully/hopefully, dear God, not life threatening else I'd be on that plane right now). I have to go home and see them.

So actually it has been so difficult not to comfort eat, my usual reaction to stressful situations.

I'll be going to the gym and eating chicken breast and broccoli tonight.

mermaid said:

So actually it has been so difficult not to comfort eat, my usual reaction to stressful situations.
This is VERY hard to overcome, and will not happen overnight, may even take months or years, but with effort, practice and drive you can reprogram your mind to NOT do this.

Every drive through you don't order at, Every bite you don't take, Every sip you don't drink, Every chocolate bar you put back on the shelf, etc... All of these choices strengthen your will power ... Takes time but you WILL succeed.

Love them bumps in the road... esp., the Potholes ... smooth roads ahead, but there will be more, be ready for them :)
:rose:

Top Bottom