Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mermaid 2006

Originally Posted by mermaid
The only thing I am proud of is that I went to the gym instead of drinking/junk food bingeing after such a shitty day.
pullups 6x6

AWESOME Job Mermaid!! You made the Right/Smart decision!! ;) You are looking Great!! ;)

Last edited:
Tuesday 31 January

Scheduled day off gym

As soon as I got to work, the new site manager cornered me and was in a meeting for two hours.

9.00am
1 serve Caligirl's homemade protein bar

I made a batch last night. OMG, I tell you these are awesome and will be great for me when I need a good macro food while pressed for time at work. Can't wait to make a blueberry batch.

My boss arrived and took me off site for a "moulding" session after my disastrous day yesterday.

1 large cappucino

12.00pm
4oz lean roast beef
6 asparagus spears
1 kiwi fruit

3.00pm
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup applesauce
1oz almonds

Tonight I am staying near work as I have to be available at 5am tomorrow, on site. Going out for dinner with a colleague and planning on having some Thai food with a couple glasses of wine.

nelmsjer said:
So, back to the beginning... whether it's the optimal malto/dextro/hydrolyzed whey blend or gatorade and cheap protein powder or some simple carbs and protein foods, just pick one and enjoy that you are doing something that is better for you than nothing at all. And smile...enjoy the journey. :)

So now that I have had some time to read through more of the logs I ran across this... I didn't realize you were helping some of the gals out with a new program till now.... Yes I'm a bit late at the game here...
Anyway my question is... What about powerade powder? I have done some research and really haven't turned up much on the difference from taking powerade then gatorade. I know it has some different sugars in each. My trainer says powerade over gatorade because of the sugar difference. What do you think?
As far as what I do Mermaid... I eat the powder! Sounds pretty silly I know but the powerade blue kind tastes just like a pixy stick. I figure if you have to injest that much sugar/carbs you my as well get the full flavor effect rather then mix it into water! So I drink my protein shake and follow it up with eating the powerade powder. Sometimes that does the trick when you really don't want to drink your protein it's kinda like looking forward to dessert! I have also mixed the lemon/lime gatorade with strawberry protein powder (Bally's kind and it sucks), and that tasted pretty good. A couple girls at the gym like that combo.

treilin said:
As far as what I do Mermaid... I eat the powder! Sounds pretty silly I know but the powerade blue kind tastes just like a pixy stick. I figure if you have to injest that much sugar/carbs you my as well get the full flavor effect rather then mix it into water! So I drink my protein shake and follow it up with eating the powerade powder. Sometimes that does the trick when you really don't want to drink your protein it's kinda like looking forward to dessert! I have also mixed the lemon/lime gatorade with strawberry protein powder (Bally's kind and it sucks), and that tasted pretty good. A couple girls at the gym like that combo.

That's funny that you mention eating the powder directly, Trelin. I just started with the Gatorade powder yesterday after Nelm's advice and as I was mixing it into my ON whey shake, I couldn't help wondering if I could just eat/drink it separately. Anyway, I am using the lemon/lime gatorade powder and aside from being super sweet, it was fine.

This totally reminds me of the lik-a-maid stuff I use to eat as a kid.. or the fun Dip powders ...
mwa6as.jpg

Roonytunes said:
That's funny that you mention eating the powder directly, Trelin. I just started with the Gatorade powder yesterday after Nelm's advice and as I was mixing it into my ON whey shake, I couldn't help wondering if I could just eat/drink it separately. Anyway, I am using the lemon/lime gatorade powder and aside from being super sweet, it was fine.
Yeah I couldn't handle the protein and powerade together because it tasted wayyyy to sweet I thought I was going to get sick. I just like them seperate. Lately I've been into banana and I like the GNC banana protein powder. So I drink that and follow it up with the powerade. I also have tried the GNC mixed berry protein with the blue powerade and it tasted like grape. By the way I HATE imitation grape taste and I almost hurled. If you like grape then you would like that combo. I have also mixed the blue with vanilla protein again wayyy to sweet. There is a texture issue with me too. I don't know but fruity flavors and the texture of protein and water just kind of make me ill. Maybe if it were milk or more like a icey type of smoothie it would be a better combo.

treilin said:
So now that I have had some time to read through more of the logs I ran across this... I didn't realize you were helping some of the gals out with a new program till now.... Yes I'm a bit late at the game here...
Anyway my question is... What about powerade powder? I have done some research and really haven't turned up much on the difference from taking powerade then gatorade. I know it has some different sugars in each. My trainer says powerade over gatorade because of the sugar difference. What do you think?

My biggest issue is with the type of sugar (preferrably dextrose and maltodextrin...but NOT fructose!), the type of protein (preferrably hydrolyzed whey...but NOT casein), and how much of it (I've compromised to a 1.5:1 sugar:protein ratio). So my point is that powerade would be just fine, as long as the ratios are good. :) I hope that helps, and let me know if you have any questions!

iceprincess said:
Hope you enjoyed your Thai and wine last night!! AND I hope that you had an awesome day today!! :heart:

Damn. I enjoyed it at the time but today....

I work across the state line where there is an hour time difference and I live a 45 min drive from work so to get on site for 5am, I was up at 2.30am after having just 5 hours sleep on top of a heavy Thai meal and 3 glasses of wine. I know I seem to say this all the time (and still do it) but cheat meals and alcohol aren't worth it (especially on a school night). I feel like shit.

Had a very upset stomach all day, to the point that I resorted to desperate measures, i.e. a regular coke. I'm not a fan of soda and only use it with belly ache. Plus counting planks of wood before dawn.....ugh.

So I was too tired to work out tonight and too sick to eat much today.

Good thing about last night: my colleague commented on my improving shape, saying he could see some definition under the decreasing layer of fat. Yay!

Back on it tomorrow.

Trying to catch up on all the logs here while watching Prison Break. It's just started here tonight, first two episodes and I'm hooked already. A couple of nice hotties to look at too! Want to watch, read the boards and sleep all at the same time!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom