Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mermaid 2006

Mermaid, don't worry if you aren't feeling soreness in your triceps. I was just curious. The more important factor is that we slowly move up in weight lifted each week. The body will respond. :)

Also, slowly increasing the weight on deadlift will help you continue to learn form and strengthen your grip. Someday, you'll get to a point where you have to use a mixed grip. When we get there, let me know, or just do some research on mixed grip deadlifts. Wait as long as you can, though, so that your grip strength will be maximally increased, before you implement it.

Now...EAT! :velvett:

Monday 30 January

Absolutely crap day at work - I did myself no favours whatsoever :worried:

I need to stop drinking a coffee in the morning - it gives me the jitters (treble shot today) and affects my hunger so I then delay/miss a meal.

Damn, I love coffee as much as I love vodka.

6.30am
3/4 cup all bran
1/2 cup milk
2 scoop whey w/ water

8.00am
Treble shot coffee w/ milk

10.30am
1 oz almonds

12.30pm
4oz tuna
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 kiwi fruit

3.30pm
2 oz almonds

I know, ridiculous amount of food before a workout. The only thing I am proud of is that I went to the gym instead of drinking/junk food bingeing after such a shitty day.

6.30pm Gym
Haaaaaaa ha ha ha haaaaaa ha ha ha ha oh... - pullups 6x6 (45lbs) and I weigh 150 - way to go
Military press 5x6 - need to up the weight on this one

Superset
DB Incline press 3x10
DB Incline curls 3x10

20 mins steady state cardio - treadmill
3mph @ 12% incline

8.00pm
2 scoop whey w/ water
1/2 cup applesauce
Supplements

3 liters water

1410 cals P:38 C:19 F:43 Fiber:25g

mermaid said:
OK, no I haven't felt any soreness in my tris. Maybe I'm not lifting heavy enough?

I deadlift 70lbs. I can defintely do more, but I have never done 5 sets before so was trying it out. What I find, the heavier the weight, is a problem with grip, not load.

Weekend was quiet but good for the gym. Actually leaving work now to go exercise - I've had a really stressful day, my boss thinks I'm absolutely bonkers at the moment so getting sweaty is what I need right now in order to chill out.

Not eaten enough today but will log that later.

The next time you go to the gym, ask them if they have any straps and also, ask them how to use them. They support your wrists and hands and allow you to do more weight on things like DLs, Pulldowns & Incline Rows. I get mine out when doing DLs.

scorpiogirl said:
The next time you go to the gym, ask them if they have any straps and also, ask them how to use them. They support your wrists and hands and allow you to do more weight on things like DLs, Pulldowns & Incline Rows. I get mine out when doing DLs.
I've got big paws, that makes a difference I think with grip, but another thing that helps grip strength, bent arm hangs ... I got a doorway gym, it's a chinning bar that hangs in any doorway without causing any damage to the door structure (mine's in my kitchen). Just doing a bent arm hang for as long as you can a couple of times a week really helps. Farmer's carries, plate pinch, those dynagrip things you can keep at your desk and work your wrist and forearm with ... anything that works grip helps.

Worst comes to worst, deadlift with a trap bar!!! :qt:

scorpiogirl said:

SG, have you tried mixed grip, yet? The goal is to get your grip as STRONG as you can without resorting to straps. Straps aren't the devil or anything, but I honestly haven't used any in 10 years. I pulled a 455 deadlift (not outstanding, by any means), but my point is that the grip can keep up with your training. IP pulls 175 without even mixing grips because she hates it. LOL! :FRlol: I'm not trying to compare people; she is just a good example to use.

scorpiogirl said:
I second the strap thing. The only suggestion I add is find the gloves with the straps on them, not seperate from weight lifting gloves. My trainer has a pair and they work so much better. That's why my deadlift was so much less this past week because of grip I didn't have the gloves with the straps. It definitely helps you to hang on to the bar a lot better and helps you to increase weight quite a bit.
http://store.yahoo.net/net2fitness/grgrligr.html
This is what they look like.. and I have had a hard time finding a pair. I went to sports authority, Dunhams, and a few other sporting good stores and none of them carry this type of glove. They carry the straps, they carry the hooks, they carry wrist wraps, but not a combination like the one I attached.

nelmsjer said:
SG, have you tried mixed grip, yet? The goal is to get your grip as STRONG as you can without resorting to straps. Straps aren't the devil or anything, but I honestly haven't used any in 10 years. I pulled a 455 deadlift (not outstanding, by any means), but my point is that the grip can keep up with your training. IP pulls 175 without even mixing grips because she hates it. LOL! :FRlol: I'm not trying to compare people; she is just a good example to use.
Been using a mixed grip for about 14 years now along with gloves and straps. I rarely use the straps, but always use the mixed grip & gloves. It's more comfortable for me than a regular grip.

mermaid said:
The only thing I am proud of is that I went to the gym instead of drinking/junk food bingeing after such a shitty day.

pullups 6x6

Both of these things are GREAT to hear!!! WTG, Mermaid! :heart:

Top Bottom