Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mermaid 2006

nelmsjer said:
I know as soon as I post this that some people are going to freak about 40-50 grams of carbs. Please don't! :) The evidence is just simply too conclusive, and science backs it up. There is literally not any other time of the day that the body can handle carbs better than right after a workout. Read that previous sentence as many times as you have to. :) LOL!

Yes, freak is a good word. NO WAY??!! That's half of my carb intake for the day. This amount is for a man surely?

OK, read the sentence three times. Still not convinced. That's 3 cups of Gatorade!!!!

undefined
mermaid said:
LOL!!!!!!!! You're up early, what is it, 5am?

3:57 AM...Woke up at 2:30 and shit kept swirling thru my mind- stressed! Can't sleep, so I thought my buddy, Mermie would be awake and on the board!! lol

mermaid said:
Friday 27 January

Nelms, with the squats, the bar only made for easy sets so I'll tweak it, up it a bit to be challenging but reasonable with the limited rest. OK?

TGIF!!!

Had a doctor appointment, so a later start to the morning.

7.15am
3/4 cup all bran
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup whites, 1 whole egg

8.30am Gym
Superset
Bench 5x8 Bar only
BB Rows 5x8 bar + 10lbs

Superset
DB Incline Press 3x12
DB Rows 3x12

I used the same DB as I was lifting last week for chest and with the limited rest time, I found it difficult. I'm just trying to find a happy medium and that will take a few sessions.

BUT, again, the heart rate was elevated enough to sweat! I really feel like I'm getting a good workout - I think this will work very well for me!

9.15am
2 scoop whey, 1 cup ready made Gatorade
It was more palatable today.

My doctor gave me a clean bill of health for the first time in just over a year and I can't tell you how happy I am about that.

:dance2: :jump: :elephant:

12.00pm
2/3 cup cottage cheese
1 tbsp almond butter
1 kiwi fruit

Thanks for all your best wishes!

3.30pm
4oz lean beef steak
1 tomato

7.00pm
1 cup whites, 1 whole egg as omelette w/
1/2 spinach
2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
then 1 tbsp almond butter
Supplements

1420 cals P:41 C:23 F:36 Fiber:21g

mermaid said:
Yes, freak is a good word. NO WAY??!! That's half of my carb intake for the day. This amount is for a man surely?

OK, read the sentence three times. Still not convinced. That's 3 cups of Gatorade!!!!

HA!!!!!!! You're great, Mermaid. I love it. :) No worries, mate.

Okay, let's compromise. 35 grams carbs and 24 grams protein. That's a 1.5:1 ratio. Just remember what I wrote: your body will handle carbs immediately after a workout better than at ANY other time of the day.

I'll tell you what. Google John Berardi and Lonnie Lowery. Read their writings and research, and then come back and talk with me some more on this. :)

Now take a deep breath and smile. You can do 35 grams. If you have to pull carbs from a meal to make sure you hit your percentage goals, then pull it from the last meal of the day. :) :heart: :)

How was your day?

scorpiogirl said:
undefined

3:57 AM...Woke up at 2:30 and shit kept swirling thru my mind- stressed! Can't sleep, so I thought my buddy, Mermie would be awake and on the board!! lol

I am hoping that you don't have to work tomorrow or SG is going to be one tired kitten!! :heart:

I'm so happy for you that you're healthy and have been given a green light!!! :heart:

scorpiogirl said:
undefined

Ha! You got that right, girl. I hate not sleeping because of stress - hope it's nothing major :worried:

mermaid said:
Ha! You got that right, girl. I hate not sleeping because of stress - hope it's nothing major :worried:
Just other businesses standing in line waiting to be paid!!! Sometimes owning a business really SUCKS!!!! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom