Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Meeting with a local Competitor

Evil_Frisky

~Show Quality Bitch~
Platinum
She competed bb a few years ago.. still trains and owns/operates a Health/Nutrition store here locally. She's helped alot of others pre-comp with diet/training... etc.

So I go in today and we get to talking and she reminds me that she does diet evaluation, body fat testing and training help. Convinced me to go the extra mile and have a sit down with her.. get my bf tested go over a diet and see whats what.

I'm gonna go in every week or so and take measurments, get bf tested and if need be tweak the diet and the training.

I've invested lots of time and money already... and I kinda feel like I've smashed into a huge brick wall as far as leaning out goes.. so something is wrong somewhere. Hopefully with her keeping an eye on my diet, and actually being able to see me on a weekly basis she can steer me in the right direction.

I'm gonna post up the diet as soon as its all figured out.

Figure.. hell if I'm gonna shell out all that damn money on suits/shoes/makeup.. etc. I can't skimp on the core .. diet and training. I'm sure its gonna cost me a pretty penny but If I feel like a million buck when walking on stage.. in those 5" spikes mind ya!.. Then its worth every dime ;)

Frisky said:
She competed bb a few years ago.. still trains and owns/operates a Health/Nutrition store here locally. She's helped alot of others pre-comp with diet/training... etc.

So I go in today and we get to talking and she reminds me that she does diet evaluation, body fat testing and training help. Convinced me to go the extra mile and have a sit down with her.. get my bf tested go over a diet and see whats what.

I'm gonna go in every week or so and take measurments, get bf tested and if need be tweak the diet and the training.

I've invested lots of time and money already... and I kinda feel like I've smashed into a huge brick wall as far as leaning out goes.. so something is wrong somewhere. Hopefully with her keeping an eye on my diet, and actually being able to see me on a weekly basis she can steer me in the right direction.

I'm gonna post up the diet as soon as its all figured out.

Figure.. hell if I'm gonna shell out all that damn money on suits/shoes/makeup.. etc. I can't skimp on the core .. diet and training. I'm sure its gonna cost me a pretty penny but If I feel like a million buck when walking on stage.. in those 5" spikes mind ya!.. Then its worth every dime ;)

Frisky, Re: posting diet - I suggest you follow Miss 24k's lead on this one too. Keep everyone updated on progress. However, re: specifics, I like Miss 24k's approach.

lemme know what she suggests, and Ill tellyou if you should do it or not

LOL

The Shadow said:
lemme know what she suggests, and Ill tellyou if you should do it or not

LOL

;)

will do! I'm hoping to get in there by thursday evening. She gave me some samples to try of some fat burners.. but I'm leaning twords the cardio breeze.

I've seen a few girls and guys she's worked with and I was very impressed.. But I know that everyone is different.

I agree w/ Shadow - its a tough call when you decide to go w/ a trainer or someone giving you a diet. Make sure it makes sense to you. And also ask how it would change based on your progress, take some hypotheticals, e.g. is she looking at total cals vs amount burned via cardio/training, if you are losing muscle and / or fat (i.e. enough protein) and also an idea of what the last 2 weeks of contest prep look like when she does it. I.e. carb depletion, carb up, water depletion, etc.

Sassy69 said:
I agree w/ Shadow - its a tough call when you decide to go w/ a trainer or someone giving you a diet. Make sure it makes sense to you. And also ask how it would change based on your progress, take some hypotheticals, e.g. is she looking at total cals vs amount burned via cardio/training, if you are losing muscle and / or fat (i.e. enough protein) and also an idea of what the last 2 weeks of contest prep look like when she does it. I.e. carb depletion, carb up, water depletion, etc.

I'm gonna try to get a complete 10 week plan from her.. I know that things can change but If i'm gonna shell out any money for help I want to make sure it benefits me.

I also won't do something I don't understand... may be one of my biggest damn flaws.. LOL.

Before I start anything or make a commitment to her I will pass it by here and get some opinions. This is ALL new to me.. well to this degree of diet etc. I feel like a fish out of water at times when it comes to certain issues.

For sure I'll get a bi-weekly body fat done with her to keep consistant.

Honestly, once you've gone through contest prep, it all roughly looks the same with different trainers / diets / approaches. Some do parts of the general process, some get extreme, some leave out parts but really what you are seeing is different methods of manipulating metabolism to look a certain way at a certain time of day on show day. So yes it is confusing the first time you see it all applied, but after your first experience you start to see it and can also see how it affects you specifically.

For example, on my first show, I carb depleted big time, but my trainer delayed the carb up until the day before the show (Friday). This was actually pretty fucked up because the idea is that carbs require at least 36 hrs to start filling out your muscles. So on their plan I woudl've looked fucking fabulous on Monday after the show. Also they wanted to delay teh carbs because I had a 4 hr drive across Florida in the middle of August I guess to help avoid bloat. Eh. However at one point after the depletion, I ate a raisin. A single, lonely raisin. It was like an orgasmic sugar rush!

Sassy69 said:
Honestly, once you've gone through contest prep, it all roughly looks the same with different trainers / diets / approaches. Some do parts of the general process, some get extreme, some leave out parts but really what you are seeing is different methods of manipulating metabolism to look a certain way at a certain time of day on show day. So yes it is confusing the first time you see it all applied, but after your first experience you start to see it and can also see how it affects you specifically.

For example, on my first show, I carb depleted big time, but my trainer delayed the carb up until the day before the show (Friday). This was actually pretty fucked up because the idea is that carbs require at least 36 hrs to start filling out your muscles. So on their plan I woudl've looked fucking fabulous on Monday after the show. Also they wanted to delay teh carbs because I had a 4 hr drive across Florida in the middle of August I guess to help avoid bloat. Eh. However at one point after the depletion, I ate a raisin. A single, lonely raisin. It was like an orgasmic sugar rush!

Whew... glad i'm not nuts.. hee hee

I'm trying to absorb it all and go with what I understand most. Carb up .. carb down.. deplete.. my eyes are crossing at times.. LOL

Lmao @ orgasmic sugar rush.... I've never dieted that strict.. but when a raisin give you a big O you know you've been kicking ass ;)

Top Bottom