Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Maximising weight loss

myhoneydebbie

[FONT=&quot]I recently lost over 30 lbs and am on my way to lose about 15-20 more by continuing alternating cardio and weight training. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]My brother wants to lose about 30-35lbs and has recently joined a gym - but, in addition to calorie deficit, he only plans on swimming (alot of laps) and treadmill everyday - he has been doing this for about 2 weeks now with one day off a week. Shouldn't he change it up a little, or is swimming considered a form of weight training and treadmill cardio? Shouldn't he have more rest?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

when you lose weight from calorie deficits you kill your metabolism. you and your brother will gain everything back and in some cases weight more than before. this is why crash diets like weight watchers do not work long term, just in the short term

I recently lost over 30 lbs and am on my way to lose about 15-20 more by continuing alternating cardio and weight training.

My brother wants to lose about 30-35lbs and has recently joined a gym - but, in addition to calorie deficit, he only plans on swimming (alot of laps) and treadmill everyday - he has been doing this for about 2 weeks now with one day off a week. Shouldn't he change it up a little, or is swimming considered a form of weight training and treadmill cardio? Shouldn't he have more rest?

Not if it's working

[FONT=&quot]I recently lost over 30 lbs and am on my way to lose about 15-20 more by continuing alternating cardio and weight training. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]My brother wants to lose about 30-35lbs and has recently joined a gym - but, in addition to calorie deficit, he only plans on swimming (alot of laps) and treadmill everyday - he has been doing this for about 2 weeks now with one day off a week. Shouldn't he change it up a little, or is swimming considered a form of weight training and treadmill cardio? Shouldn't he have more rest?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
If it works for him then great. Great exercise and cardio but you arent going to build muscle swimming

If it's working for him, there's is no need to change it up if he doesn't want to. Once progress stops though, a change is in order.

when you lose weight from calorie deficits you kill your metabolism. you and your brother will gain everything back and in some cases weight more than before. this is why crash diets like weight watchers do not work long term, just in the short term

Calorie deficits are the ONLY way to lose weight. It’s basic science.

And you’ll only gain it all back if you fall back into your old habits. Learn how to eat clean and healthily and in accordance with your energy expenditure and you’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you’ll only gain it all back if you fall back into your old habits. Learn how to eat clean and healthily and in accordance with your energy expenditure and you’ll be fine.

eating in a deficit works for you cause YOU ARE ALREADY LEAN. so you make it work for you. also those that compete will drop calories ahead of a show because yes in the SHORT TERM calorie deficits work. just like that stupid hcg diet where you eat 500 calories a day used to be popular but every single person who did it lose weight initially then gained it all back plus more.

same reason 95% of weight watchers people fail, they even say on their website it will not work long term. why? cause calorie deficits crash metabolism.

and no it isn't basic science. if you eat in a deficit forever according to you people you should weigh nothing in the future. it does not work that way. there is something called homeostasis. our bodies are a furnace, when you eat less and less you will eventually crash your metabolism so bad that you cannot lose weight anymore. you don't lose weight forever.

also you mention science, and the science proves that different foods have different partioning effects on the body. so no you cannot eat in a deficit pizza, donuts, ice cream and lose weight. that is complete bullshit. different foods have completely different effects on metabolism, gut health, insulin, glucagon and other hormones.

now i'm not saying eating a lot of food or calories as you guys like to refer to food is how you lose weight either. but the way you lose fat and the ONLY way you lose fat is putting your body into fat burning mode while also not destroying your metabolism. when you fast and don't eat for long periods of time you do not crash your metabolism.

i suggest reading a good nutrition book on this subject. Jason Fung wrote one called the Obesity code. that is your homework for the week... we have actual human studies that showed you can eat the same exact foods and calories in a window and actually lose more fat and gain more muscle, then eating every 2 hours the same exact foods. so no it isn't about calories in/out. there is a lot more to this than that. my point is that calories are just ONE OF MANY factors in fat loss. to just focus on that and count calories like a robot is a huge mistake and will not work on anyone over weight long term

Last edited:

I heard that organism could slow the metabolism on the calorie deficit, and if you eat literally 100-200 extra calories you would gain weight. Is that true?

I heard that organism could slow the metabolism on the calorie deficit, and if you eat literally 100-200 extra calories you would gain weight. Is that true?

i dont think orgasms slow metabolism, its not related imo

Top Bottom