Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Make up?

Aliztia

This may be a silly question but I'm brave enough to ask it anyway.

I'm preparing for my competition in December, and I've got my diet worked out, my gears in order and I've even bought some tanning lotions already which I'm planning to try out during the summer.

Now I've found something that I don't have in order or a clue what to do about and that's make up.

I've seen competitors looking all pale in the face while their bodies are nice and tanned and some just look too dark in the face. How do you apply make up when your wearing that stuff on your face? I doubt you can combine it with Dream Tan, but it should work with Pro Tan. But do you use foundation? Do you but on your make up as normal but just... more of it?

I would appreciate any help and hints you might have, guys!
Thanks!

When I did my last comp I had 3 layers of ProTan on my body (spray, dry overnight, shower x 3) and then painted on the ProTan on my face the day of the show. I agree its hard to avoid the washed out face look, esp under the lights. It also sort of means you have to exaggerate your makeup a little more - like if you've ever seen TV people in real life w/ their makeup for the TV -- a little overdone, but under the lights you have to. You might also put on that fake tan stuff (not protan) for a few days to build a darker base (w/o frying your face in the sun / tanning booth) and then get a darker foundation for the makeup. Otherwise I can only suggest keep layering on the foundation & touch up w/ protan until it looks dark and use a darker eye shadow to blend in so you dont' get the raccoon eyes look!

Speaking of self-tanners, has anyone tried that Neutrogena "Instant Bronze" stuff? I just saw a commercial for it, and since you can see where it goes before the color develops, it seems pretty foolproof...

I've tried the Neutrogena it's pretty good. You can see it as you put it on. the only problem I had was that it seems ta dry faster than others, that's good in a way but you gotta speard it quick or you'll get major streaks. Just make sure that when you put it on you're not planning on working out or doing anything that'll make you sweat anytime soon cause even though you think it's dry you'll sweat that shit right off! The smell isn't as bad as some of the other tanners.
I also really like Bain de Soleil' streakguarde it's probably my favorite. Although it does have a slight copper smell to it.

You can sweat it off?! That makes it sound like it doesn't really penetrate the first layer of skin. To heck with that, I'll just tan the old fashioned way. :) I exfoliate and shave my body pretty often, and I'd like something a bit more long-lasting. Thanks for the reply, though.

As long as you let it absorb real good it won't sweat off but the bottle says it's good ta go after 30min to 1 hr after you apply it. I found out that's not so. It takes alot ta make me sweat but when I used it (I guess I waited an hour) and went out shopping, by the time a got through a few stores I looked down and could see where it had rubbed off from wherever I was sweating. But when I put it on and I've got time ta wait it works fine. So try it at least once it's pretty cheap compared ta some of the others (it's around $8.)

For my comp I used a dark foundation by maybeline...it was dark...i put a few layers of that on..its the kind that goes on like a powder type....i just did my eye make up darker and wore a nice red lipstick...my face was not lighter or washed out w/ my body...u feel like u are puttin way to much on..but under the lights it looks ok...

Top Bottom