Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Maintaining size

Bodynowtight

Hello ladies,

I have a question for you. I am 5'3 and I weigh 157 lbs. Because of my body composition I don't appear to be fat my pants size is an 8 and I'm a medium in blouses.

My question: Because I am a diabetic my doctors are telling me that I need to lose more weight espcially in my stomach area. This is extremely hard to do because the meds that I am on fight against that. Now while I have an exercise and meal program and am losing weight on that I worry about looking to thin in the face. I actually like the way I look now with the exception of my bubble gut, which I need to lose. To reduce anymore fat will cause me to be smaller than I want to look. I have some muscle tone not as much as I would like, but I look good with clothes on. How do I maintain or gain enough muscle while losing weight so that I won't look like I have aged a million years.

My diet: Varies, but mostly raw and a little protein

Breakfast most days - veggie Omelet or some meat and Green shake or fruit

Lunch - Meat (all kinds chicken, fish, ground beef, venison etc...) and veggies

in between snacks - Dusle, Gogi berries, nuts, fruit you get the picture

Dinner - Meat and veggie sometime I substitute fresh veggies for a Green shake

Green shake are fresh and sometimes powdered.

Please note that because I have to fit so many meals into one day I don't eat a lot at each setting just enough to fill me up or curb my hunger.

My guess is that I probably need to up my protein intake, but I have no idea as to how much more protein I need. Willing to try protein shakes and bars.

I apologize for being so long winded. Thanks in advance for you help.
:)

Welcome to elite :)

Without know exactly what your current intake is macro break down and calories etc for an average day it is hard to know about how much more protien you need. Sign up for www.fitday.com it is free plug in what you ate yesterday and then copy and paste the daily totals. In general if your trying to build or maintain muscle you need to be eating about 1 to 1.5 grams of protien per pound of lean body weight. Have you ever had your body fat % measured?

As for looking to thin in the face when you lose weight or fat you lose it everywhere can't pick and choose trust me if we could I would have nice big boobs always. :D

Superqt - Thanks for the welcome.:) :) :) I took you advice and just signed up for fitday, but I will not know my total caloric intake until tomorrow. Yes I am trying to build muscle. No I have never had my bodyfat measured, but what I know about my body fat is that I can pinch more than and inch from my stomach.

Top Bottom